Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-01-2014, 02:29 PM   #1
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Default au fairlane. what height does it look? low or super low?

Hi all.
When i bought this car last year it had red coils front and rear (Pedders? With 350mm hub to guard on the front).

I bought some new kings super lows for the front thinking it would be at least 10 mm lower ( actual height =345mm htg) but after a few hundred km its still 345mm htg.

Coils sit nicely in upper and lower saddles.

Does the front seem to be sitting at about the right height for the spring type (sl)?
What about the back height?

FYI: For a visual reference, front tyres are 235 45 17 and backs 255 45 17.

PS: the kings sl were actually 20mm shorter than the reds when compared side by side out of the car.

Thanks.

Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2014, 05:17 PM   #2
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 
Default Re: au fairlane. what height does it look? low or super low?

Quote:
For a visual reference, front tyres are 235 45 17 and backs 255 45 17.
Well one thing throwing the eye off might be this. If you got tyres with equal height sidewalls then it might be a bit easier to judge, or perhaps solve your problem a little bit.

For reference, the 45 part of the tyre reading is a percentage of the tread width, not a metric or imperial measurement.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:31 PM   #3
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware View Post
Well one thing throwing the eye off might be this. If you got tyres with equal height sidewalls then it might be a bit easier to judge, or perhaps solve your problem a little bit.

For reference, the 45 part of the tyre reading is a percentage of the tread width, not a metric or imperial measurement.
Ta mate. I know about the aspect ratio stuff. I just included that info so people get a perspective on what is on it.

The HTG info is more important and constant regardless of rolling diam or wheels and im more concerned with the front end anyhow.

Cheers.
Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.
Old 14-01-2014, 05:43 PM   #4
EBW-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Id say thats between Low and Superlow.

My wifes AU Lane has Pedders SL's, front tyre is just in the guard, rear is tucking a decent amount of tyre.
She runs 225/50/16's

phat GUARD ROLLING | 0429 093 302 | facebook
"CHEAPEST GUARD ROLLING IN MELBOURNE"
EBW-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-01-2014, 06:08 PM   #5
BOTTLEDUP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hard to spot with a black car, but this is my TE50 with King Super Lows F+R. This is King's 'LOW' option for the T-series, 'SUPER LOW' uses the SSL springs.

BOTTLEDUP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-01-2014, 09:59 PM   #6
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBW-302 View Post
Id say thats between Low and Superlow.

My wifes AU Lane has Pedders SL's, front tyre is just in the guard, rear is tucking a decent amount of tyre.
She runs 225/50/16's
Gee they're a smaller rolling diameter tyre and it still tucks, must be quite low to the ground.

I definately fitted super lows to the front and i was expecting more of a drop compared to the original red pedders of unknown height, but they obviously arent as low as her Lane.

I think i may have seen that fairkane before in Langy? With the phat sticker on the back?

PS: she drives an "old man's car??" Hehe cheers dude.

Old 15-01-2014, 01:23 AM   #7
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Never taken a lot of notice of the lane height, but yours looks a nice height to me.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2014, 11:24 AM   #8
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

My LTD is on King Lows.

Here with 245/40 18s

and here with 245/35 18s

Comparing your picture above, I would think they are they are very similar to mine - King Low.

Cheers
Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2014, 12:50 PM   #9
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Thanks guys.
Perhaps my new front kings (KFFL-57 SL) are mislabelled and are actually lows?

The kings must be stiffer than the pedders though, as they are about 20mm shorter than the pedders but only lower the front by 5mm from the pedders.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Old 15-01-2014, 12:53 PM   #10
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by auIILTD View Post
My LTD is on King Lows.

Here with 245/40 18s

and here with 245/35 18s

Comparing your picture above, I would think they are they are very similar to mine - King Low.

Cheers
Stu
Vic plates in Canberra? Have you moved up there recently, or is that another thing you can get away with in Canberra?

Old 17-01-2014, 09:08 AM   #11
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Thumbs up Re: au fairlane. what height does it look? low or super low?

Not a Lane owner myself, but the springs look a 'Low' height to me.

Looks nice!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: