Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-05-2006, 07:50 PM   #1
FRANCIS220
Starter Motor

Default loosing power around corners

hi guys i wonder if any one has an issue with there cars cutting out for about a second when going around corners my car is an au2 xr8 220 when i nail the accelerator around a corner i have a loss of power for a second then power returns feels like fuel starvation i dont know?

2nd question does anyone know how many au2 xr8 220's were made and how many 220's in total.

FRANCIS220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 07:54 PM   #2
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

There was a problem with the AU's XR8's and loosing power when going around corner's I just can not remember what it was, try a search or I'm sure someone can help you out as other's have experianced this problem.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 07:58 PM   #3
xd5.8l
Banned

It was a fuel pick up problem.
xd5.8l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 08:17 PM   #4
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

... which most Ford dealers will say it is not a fault and will charge you for a new sock, probably a new pump when all they need to do is rotate the fuel pickup...

Dodgy I say, I just put up with it... I can't whip the *** end of the VCT out to save my life, grippy-as 18's and having only 6 cylinders sorta defeats the pupose.
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 08:22 PM   #5
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It was a swirl pot problem. I'm not exactly sure, but I think it's on my Falcon too.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...ighlight=swirl
Old 10-05-2006, 08:22 PM   #6
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clontarf_x
I can't whip the *** end of the VCT out to save my life, grippy-as 18's and having only 6 cylinders sorta defeats the pupose.
Speak for yourself :thebirds:

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 08:32 PM   #7
kc_ksom
Starter Motor

The problem was supposedly the filter on the pump that was blocking the inlet, a 20deg turn was needed to fix them, i would say 1hr labour (50 - 60 bux).

Ohh LG, you gotta problem then, lol......

Casey
kc_ksom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 08:35 PM   #8
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol, I know. I just had my fuel filter replaced, 2000 kms ago. So maybe it's fixed.

I haven't done it in a while. I wasn't too sure whether it was from low fuel though. But it does happen around < 1/4 tank. But boy i can't wait till I drive a service manager, & watch their head fly, hahaha.

I have extended warranty. I will talk to Strapp Ford soon.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:26 PM   #9
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

So, would this mean that any AU running LPG will not have this prob... promising that when on LPG you can gun it....

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 07:37 PM   #10
anarchyok

I had exactly the same thing, and they fixed it by installing a new fuel sock under warranty. No probs since
anarchyok is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 09:35 PM   #11
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Speak for yourself :thebirds:
Pfft, your VCT isn't a real VCT, is a GDVCT... The REAL reason you are :thebirds:'ing me is because you have your VCT back.

Oh wait, no you don't :

:
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 03:25 PM   #12
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

This might sound silly, but once when I had insufficient auto trans fluid in my box and when the engine was cold and turning a right corner at a "higher" speed than normal, it'd drop out of grear and take a few seconds to come back in. It was only when cold and topping up the fluid stopped it. You did say power loss, and this is a little different but I thought I'd mention it.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 03:32 PM   #13
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is an issue, I have felt it, pretty scary as well, if it is wet.

I'm going to test it out again, once i get rather low on fuel, with this tank. Hopefully the gearbox change & new fuel filter, has fixed the problem.

Cheers