Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 02-02-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
topsoup
Starter Motor

Default fog and headlights

Hi Guys,

Total noob here when it comes to cars. This is my first purchase of a fairly new car. I've made a deposit for a 07 Ford Focus CL LS and would like to make some minor modifications to it.

Here's what it looks like.

Just a couple questions:
Is it possible to install fog lights on the car? As you can see there is a cover on it but I'm not sure whether it is possible to have fog lights installed or not. If so, roughly how much would it cost to buy some.

And secondly, I'm thinking of tinting my headlights using a legal product applied buy qualified applicators. It's called Crystalite and I reckon it looks quite nice.

Heres some photos of them:

So what do you think? My car's not that great but adding these would least make it look more stylish.

topsoup is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Matey, welcome to the forums.

Wadaya mean your car's not that great!!!??? Its a Focus man, its awesome!
Looks good in black too.

Are you sure the car is a 2007 model? looks like an '08 facelift model to me?
(I have a silver one with a smooth pack)

Regards your question, yes, there are factory fogs for this model. I'm in the process of doing this too. Dealer purchased is expensive. Try wreckers, or just watch EBAY. They come up now and again.

I think you're machine would look great lowered 2 inches, with a set of 18's, darkest legal tint, and blacked out grille. Maybe some discrete side stripes too.

As for the headlights, a popular mod is to either buy some blacked out head lights (the inside bit is black) or crack yours open and spray them black inside. You can also buy a wide range of LED (like the Audi) and fluro ring (like a BMW 5) style lights from EBAY.

The blue tint looks OK too. For about $350 you can get a whole set of new lights
with daytime LEDs and fluro rings, plus already blacked out.

Anyway, great purchase. Check if it is an '07, as their fog lamps come up all the time on Ebay for about $99, including bezels and wiring kit.

See ya round.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:05 PM   #3
topsoup
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by leakey
Hi Matey, welcome to the forums.

Wadaya mean your car's not that great!!!??? Its a Focus man, its awesome!
Looks good in black too.

Are you sure the car is a 2007 model? looks like an '08 facelift model to me?
(I have a silver one with a smooth pack)

Regards your question, yes, there are factory fogs for this model. I'm in the process of doing this too. Dealer purchased is expensive. Try wreckers, or just watch EBAY. They come up now and again.

I think you're machine would look great lowered 2 inches, with a set of 18's, darkest legal tint, and blacked out grille. Maybe some discrete side stripes too.

As for the headlights, a popular mod is to either buy some blacked out head lights (the inside bit is black) or crack yours open and spray them black inside. You can also buy a wide range of LED (like the Audi) and fluro ring (like a BMW 5) style lights from EBAY.

The blue tint looks OK too. For about $350 you can get a whole set of new lights
with daytime LEDs and fluro rings, plus already blacked out.

Anyway, great purchase. Check if it is an '07, as their fog lamps come up all the time on Ebay for about $99, including bezels and wiring kit.

See ya round.

Sorry for confusing you but the picture in my first post isn't the exact car I purchased. I took it off the net as it looked exactly like the one I bought. But here is the actual car that I bought:

This is the biggest I can get it as the dealer deleted the photos, and yea it is an 07 model. I don't think I'd want to spend so much money on getting 18".

As for the headlight, I saw one on eBay called angel eyes which looked very sexy.

So yea I'll have to have a think about whether I'd want to spend $300 on new headlights or $150 on tinting headlights hmmm.... :
topsoup is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 09:58 PM   #4
TEKILA
formerly AU_bullet

i would honestly either consider the angel eye headlights (above) or the focus zetec headlights, they have the inside blacked out.

the tinted headlights may look ok but on a dark car the darker headlights will look a lot better.

plus you can sell your current headlights and make some $$$
Old 23-03-2013, 12:52 AM   #5
pb_racing
Starter Motor

Default Re: fog and headlights

Hey guys, i've got the same model focus (the 08 face lift). Just wondering if you ever ending up installing fog lights on the car and how you did it?

Cheers
pb_racing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2013, 02:03 AM   #6
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe start by contacting the wrecker with this car. It looks like it has the right foglights for yours.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-FOCU...#ht_1299wt_911

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #7
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb_racing View Post
Hey guys, i've got the same model focus (the 08 face lift). Just wondering if you ever ending up installing fog lights on the car and how you did it?

Cheers
Hi Matey, I bought an Ebay 'kit' for about $120 from memory, came with all the harneses, and even a matching square switch for the centre console, below the radio. Seamless, and works well.

They should still be about on ebay. If no joy in OZ, try the UK ebays.
Old 29-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #8
pb_racing
Starter Motor

Hey,

I've seen any kits on the internet but they don't have the black plastic covers. Did you just cut a hole in the ones already on the car?

Cheers
pb_racing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #9
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nah, the kits come with the bezels. The only thing is I can't see one with the right shape for the OP's car. I believe that shape is available, but the only ones I can find online at the moment are either the LS (earlier) or LV (later) shape. There must be some available, but it may be a matter of keeping an eye out.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #10
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus View Post
Nah, the kits come with the bezels. The only thing is I can't see one with the right shape for the OP's car. I believe that shape is available, but the only ones I can find online at the moment are either the LS (earlier) or LV (later) shape. There must be some available, but it may be a matter of keeping an eye out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb_racing
Hey,

I've seen any kits on the internet but they don't have the black plastic covers. Did you just cut a hole in the ones already on the car?

Cheers
Yeah definately available. Try Ebay UK. Tonnes more stuff on there for Focii, and if you choose 'small packets service' really cheap postage too.

I might be able to help you with some fog lamp covers, and some of the chromed bezels off the cabrio if you're interested.

I'm in Sydney.