Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-07-2005, 03:58 PM   #1
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Need help for trip

Guys/ladies,

Need to find an online website that I can plan my trip on, as in road maps.
Will need to drive from Newcastle to Northern Victoria, have done the syndey/nth vic before, just looking for a map to help out the newwie bit.

Any help appreciated.

Mick.

conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 04:00 PM   #2
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.whereis.com/whereis/home.jsp
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 04:20 PM   #3
BAUTE
formerly known as AUUTE

or this might help too http://www.nowwhereroute.com/RACQ/Ro...r/Default.aspx
BAUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 04:26 PM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

There's nothing to it when it comes from Newcastle to Sydney ... it's only an extra hour on the trip.

Depends what time of day you are planning to travel through ... and what day as well ... traffic fluctuates though.

I'd advise going down Pennant Hills Rd to James Ruse Dr (right) and follow the Cumberland Hwy down to Liverpool to the Hume Hwy ... turn right ... and follow Hume Hwy onto the F5 Freeway .. head south to Victoria from there.

That's just an abbreviated version
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 04:54 PM   #5
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

heading to nth vic thats all, through hay/wagga.
just wasn't sure if there was a shortcut to the outer sydney way.
I'll be driving probably on a Wednesday... leaving earlyish, and probably stay the night in Wagga just to break the trip up, i'll be on holidays anyway so no time limit, but agree different times of day and what day matters.
whats a good time to head out of newcastle mechanik?
mick
Old 19-07-2005, 05:08 PM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I'd try and get to Hornsby for 10am ... nothing earlier though.
I'd say leave Newy around 9am.
As Pennant Hills can be a real pain ... and so can North Parramatta (before 10am)
James Ruse Drive has less traffic after peak hour dies down.

It can pick up around midday/early afternoon though.

Wagga isn't too far down ... so leaving at 9am isn't too late really ... you'll easily make it well within daylight hours ... even with a couple of stops on the way.

Damn shame the M7 isn't completed .. you could jump on the M2 ... hit the M7 ... cross the M4 ... then straight down the M5/F5 .... missing all of the traffic.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 06:37 PM   #7
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks guys appreciate it all
Old 19-07-2005, 07:20 PM   #8
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A few friends do it this way; Turn left onto Pacific Hwy @ end of freeway,down to Lane Cove onto freeway accros Harbour Bridge, follow airport signs then the road basically becomes M5 out to Liverpool. I didn't recon it would be much good myself but I tried it once,down via Cumberland back via Harbour Bridge and was surprised. Though it was 10k longer via city it was the exact same time but there were tolls too. Nice way to go if you want to see a bit of Sydney but not really if you know what I mean. Much easier driving,not as stressful as Cumb/Hwy. Like Mechan1k,I can't wait till the M7 is finished then its just the missing link from Newcastle Freeway to m2 that they are planning now and then it will be a fantastic run from north to south.
Old 19-07-2005, 11:55 PM   #9
EB_5.0_WAGON
Formerly known as NUDGE

another way you could go and you will see alot more scenery is to head out to dubbo and down through parkes.
from newcastle you head out towards singleton and follow the golden highway and you will see signs to dubbo and just follow them.
Its a very nice scenic way to go instead of following the boring freeways to get you to the same area.
Just my ideas

nudge
2004 Toyota Prado GXL
EB_5.0_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post