Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-07-2021, 09:36 PM   #3271
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Rose pruning.

I love pruning roses, it's one of the few things I can do with complete and utter confidence, without self doubt.

I especially love the horrified look on a customers face when I go to town and seemingly brutishness a rose.

The harder you cut, the harder they come back!
Only today i finished the last of 100 roses across all my gardens. One garden i had taken over, the previous gardener would only tip prune, so the bushes were 6 foot tall and lanky. I took them down to a glorious 2 foot tall, chop chop!

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 13-07-2021, 10:30 PM   #3272
slowsnake
Banned

Facing off to a 40 year old woman basher, fit as a mallee bull!...
The bloke who gave the girl a black eye 2 weeks ago, lol, he threatened to call the police!..lol hahaha

Bloody gutless maggot!

Cheers Cassius Billy
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-07-2021, 11:01 PM   #3273
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This might sound odd....but actually seeing traffic in the CBD. Noticed later there was an international rugby game on. Good to see people excited to be out and about again in the evenings.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-07-2021, 12:00 AM   #3274
slowsnake
Banned

Sounds really bad on the east cost, glad I'm on the west coast!

Cheers King Billy
Old 14-07-2021, 10:47 AM   #3275
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Poor Sydney, another **** up by our govmint.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-07-2021, 02:02 PM   #3276
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Facing off to a 40 year old woman basher, fit as a mallee bull!...
The bloke who gave the girl a black eye 2 weeks ago, lol, he threatened to call the police!..lol hahaha

Bloody gutless maggot!

Cheers Cassius Billy
Billy be careful, your brain thinks you are young but the body might be different when it comes to your agility with age.

Good to hear you stood up against the mug but watch your back.

Cheers
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-07-2021, 11:07 PM   #3277
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Billy be careful, your brain thinks you are young but the body might be different when it comes to your agility with age.

Good to hear you stood up against the mug but watch your back.

Cheers
Thanks, I have my back covered to a point, but this dudes "tweaking" that's coming down off speed!...apparently it gives em Dutch courage by the bucket, he rides a pink girls pushbike, its pretty sad, but in saying that he is younger and healthier than me, am sure he will be sorted very quickly, sadly he knows I have just had lung cancer surgery, geez they don't make em like they used too eh!
But I will be careful thanks!

Cheers Billy.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-07-2021, 04:48 PM   #3278
slowsnake
Banned

No rain, hope to get my washing in today, must of been hangin out a week, lol.

Cheers Billy.
2 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2021, 10:09 AM   #3279
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Rose pruning.

I love pruning roses, it's one of the few things I can do with complete and utter confidence, without self doubt.

I especially love the horrified look on a customers face when I go to town and seemingly brutishness a rose.

The harder you cut, the harder they come back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6
Some form of pruning is better than none at all. The biggest mistake people make with roses is not being aggressive enough.

for some reason the father-inlaw put some roses in the garden ..... near the roller door ... so i cut back to the 'stick' . . blooody thing loves it too!

mum even has a rose bush run over by a drunk driver driving in reverse & taking out the fence [fence is another story], staked bush & still living

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Poor Sydney, another **** up by our govmint.

nah .... most times it's some f*#$head who thinks "she'll be right/not me" then forks it up for everyone else. covid ain't going away, so get used to it.
mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2021, 02:15 PM   #3280
.:4:.
Kicking back

Got the new driveshafts for my rc car today in the mail. Slapped them in, and just my luck, buttoning up the last 4 screws for the bash plate it started pouring down rain. But still, with the strict restrictions at the moment, it gives me something to do. Havent more then bench tested, but it appears neither the front, centre or rear diffs are damaged either. So for the time being im not going to upgrade to stronger driveshafts, reason being its a cheap failure point as opposed to moving failure up the line to more expensive and harder to obtain parts. But even though ive had to replace parts, im not going to baby it, wheres the fun in that? Its thrash, break, repair then repeat.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2021, 06:08 PM   #3281
slowsnake
Banned

Finally just got the last of the clothes off the line

Cheers Billy
Old 16-07-2021, 11:33 PM   #3282
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Finally finished installing my new security camera system, 3 days of crawling around in the roof on my old knees, kneeling on the beams kills.
Bought a SWANN 4 camera system from Bunnings, very happy with it.
Accidentally ripped out my phone line from the socket, that was fun, but with help from my tech savvy son we got it sorted.
5 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2021, 09:40 AM   #3283
slowsnake
Banned

Sent brother a text in reply to his missed phone call, we live 30 klm apart, ain't had contact since 2015, must of heard I was a bit crook, but ya get that eh!

Cheers Billy.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2021, 12:28 PM   #3284
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Sent brother a text in reply to his missed phone call, we live 30 klm apart, ain't had contact since 2015, must of heard I was a bit crook, but ya get that eh!

Cheers Billy.
Go see him and give him a hug; life is so short and you may regret it one day.
I'm talking from experience.

Cheers.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2021, 01:35 PM   #3285
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Go see him and give him a hug; life is so short and you may regret it one day.
I'm talking from experience.

Cheers.
Yep, i hadn't spoken to my dad for a while then got the news he died. That was a couple years ago, we werent on bad terms, just had nothing to talk about. So pretty much 'man' stuff. But still, his value to myself was much greater being alive then being deceased.
My brother and I , we share one main thing which is contrary. We dont like each other, yet we get along well. Yes we are both grown adults, differences in opinions are punched out. So that bit is just what it is, but both my brother and myself are pretty good at building bridges and getting over it. Its the lame old saying, you can choose your friends but can't choose your family.
4 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2021, 09:25 PM   #3286
slowsnake
Banned

Not my brother but my brothers family!
Very sad really, but only if you care, it seems to have reached a point that has no name!...that sounds odd I know, but that's what it feels like!

It seems he was next of kin on my hospital records, they must of contacted him, I didn't, and I thought I had changed it.

Cheers Billy.
Old 20-07-2021, 09:06 AM   #3287
slowsnake
Banned

My cat turned up yesterday morning limping, about 3 am it was, not too bad if it jumped up on my bed, I got up had a look, back right foot swollen.
Give it a syringe of warm sugar water, covered with a towel and went back to sleep, him next to me!

Limped around all day, to get my neighbours to suck up to him, then he turned up at 5 am this morning with a big live rat, lol...he's a bugger, he really is....

Cheers Billy.
2 users like this post:
Old 20-07-2021, 02:02 PM   #3288
Kicking back

Went for a short drive past my street today after heading to the shop. So a mate of mine said the 1 house that my neighbors complain about has sold. I wasnt sure if he was joking or not. But yep, theres a sold sign out front. So its the 1 house that the yard is that overgrown its rediculouse. My fence on that border is rooted, rotted and ive propped it up as the old incoherent bastard wouldnt come to the party to replace it. His other 2 boundries the fences are completely missing. Again, he wouldnt come to the party for those people either. Plus theres the pool thats a habitat for both frogs and mosquitoes. Then theres the big gum tree. So far its flattenned my fence once with a fallen branch, damaging my ac unit, and also another branch flattenned my neighbors shed. Council have done nothing even with multiple complaints. So hopefully, and i sorta assume its been bought by developers as its a giant block, they'll clean the block up, sort fences etc. My other neighbors as they have no fence lines are by choice wanting to get conveyancers so they dont lose any square meterage. So understandable, but it shouldnt be that way.
The other 5 boardering properties i get along with in peace and harmony. No hostility. If someone needs a hand a hand is lent.
Old 20-07-2021, 07:11 PM   #3289
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2021, 07:58 PM   #3290
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pahia beach?
Old 20-07-2021, 08:02 PM   #3291
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

North Piha Beach West Auckland Tonz..
Old 20-07-2021, 08:08 PM   #3292
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here's looking south to Lion Rock, I live 20 min from here.
Old 20-07-2021, 10:26 PM   #3293
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh F off you lucky bust ard. that brings memories of first time seeing live boob ies show. Some young dame decided to be free.
Old 21-07-2021, 06:15 AM   #3294
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Feel good about not being in the southern highlands today:
Icy and wet; I’d be the schmuck who got a flat tyre.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-07-2021, 12:58 PM   #3295
slowsnake
Banned

Just got emailed from Cancer doctor, come in at 3pm today, we have the results of your lung biopsy?..

Cheers Nervous Billy
2 users like this post:
Old 21-07-2021, 03:30 PM   #3296
Kicking back

I did the 'wrong' thing today. I visited my brother. Well, maybe not so wrong, but he has been going absolutely phsycotic with lack of personal contact due to restrictions. His head has never been in the greatest space, but anyhow, he calmed his farm. But anyhow, he has seen the doc and has this yet to get pathology back on his infection issue, so his body is heaps rashed and his feet are cracked and bleeding. So i did the not what i wanted, but i did it anyways, tweezered out a splinter of unknown origin from his deseised foot.
But the stupid thing was, he said to me he wants to buy a skateboard, but doesnt know what deck width to get. My personal preference is 7.5'. However, i do have a skateboard in my boot and its an 8' width. Its set up for an adult. So my desiesed foot brother took it to the top of his driveway and surprisingly i didnt need to coat hanger him at the bottom of the hill. He stopped on his own, even with desiesed feet. He's not young either, he's 40. But he had fun with that, why stroll when you can roll? The skateboard thing, well, my kid is almost 12 and skateboards are cool to him, he has his own so i also bought my own. Slightly different as kids are slightly different, but hey, im 34 and still have it sort of.
5 users like this post:
Old 21-07-2021, 04:52 PM   #3297
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Just got emailed from Cancer doctor, come in at 3pm today, we have the results of your lung biopsy?..

Cheers Nervous Billy
A bit late to get in before your appointment, ss, but I hope it all goes well for you!

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2021, 07:18 PM   #3298
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Recovered 3TB of data on mum's secondary drive, where she stores ALL her photos, videos and files. It has photos of my nephew and niece from since when they were born. So you can imagine the pressure to succeed!

The hard drive just died a few days ago. Windows would try run an integrity check on it on start up, but will progress 5% after 2 days!! Couldn't even access it via explorer.

After a bit more research, ran a quick format on the drive, then used a data recovery tool to get the data back. Risky, but it worked!! 400,000 files restored, but all the file names were lost. Now she can spend the next 7 days of lock down sorting through it.

Moral of the story...BACK UP....Online if you are not worried about BIG GOV spying.

And if you are getting rid of a hard drive that you have saved sensitive files on...BURN IT or SLEDGE HAMMER IT, or run a proper data destruction tool.....you'd be surprised how easy it was to get data back.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-07-2021, 08:26 PM   #3299
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Filling a few redundant holes in walls. I was pinging off the limiter for my tolerance of chaos.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 21-07-2021, 10:16 PM   #3300
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The winner is Brisbane
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: