Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-11-2005, 10:29 AM   #1
Engineer
Cookie Monster

Default 4 speed 1-2 shift clunk

Hi Guys,

My Au 2 XR8 on the odd occasion will get vey rough on the 1-2 shift. It happens at light throttle applications and it feels as if the car is not going anywhere when it is about to thump into 2nd. I understand this is a problem with the 4 speed auto and there is a ford ecu software flash that supposedly fixes it.

It is very annoying as it is a fair thump in the driveline when it occurs. I am reluctant to get ford to flash the ecu before I know what the story is.

Could anyone out there shed some light on this if they have the issue or if they have the solution.

Cheers
Engineer

Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 03:13 PM   #2
sbcb
BA Xr8

Hello engineer, I also have a 200kw AUII XR8 auto. The ruff gearshift I had was during the down change from 2-1. Driving around car parks etc was typically a very unrefined experience. The ECU upgrade or re-flash improved the problem by about 95%. It still does the occasional ruff downchange but nowhere as bad nor anywhere as often. Other than the improved smoothness I didn't notice any other change to the cars performance. The reflash was a factory recall so shouldn't cost you any money yourself.
sbcb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 05:33 PM   #3
AuFairlaneV8

Engineer your problem could be low transmission oil, does it do it more when cold?
AuFairlaneV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 05:59 PM   #4
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I to have an AU II XR8 but as like what SBCB say's it does this on the down shift, 2-1, but I just take it easy and it seem's to be allright, or when driving in town I leave it in 3rd and it seem's to be allright, what mode do you have the tramission in?, have you tried the sport's/adtp/economy/.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2005, 10:10 AM   #5
Engineer
Cookie Monster

Default auto

Hi Guys,

I have just had the transmisson serviced and it did not make much of a difference. A little I think. The problem is occasional and it is mostly on the 1-2 shift under really light throttle applications. Under normal throttle it is fine. Very very occasionally it will have a rough (but no way as rough as the 1-2 )2-1 shift. The auto has been in all modes econ/adaptive and max performance and it made no difference to the shift roughness. Currently set to max performance in the shift programming.

I am guessing a valve body problem but I just thought I would get some feedback from you guys.

Cheers
Engineer
Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post