Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 12-01-2019, 01:57 PM   #1
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2019 Ford Focus

If Ford wants to advertise a quality product how about stop using low res pictures of the Focus on their website. It's 2019 not 2006. It just baffles me...
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2019, 05:23 PM   #2
KosCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcio007 View Post
If Ford wants to advertise a quality product how about ---
I agree - the current website for Focus is terrible. If you download the brochure for the new Focus, you get a whole 5 pages - WOW!! It looks as if they really couldn't be bothered trying and just slapped something together.

Anyway have had a look at one and will be in the market for a Titanium later this year. I noticed that they are using a rotary dial for gear selection. Just curious, does anyone know what would happen if you are driving along and reached to get something and your hand accidentally knocked the rotary gear selector into another gear?? Is the gear selector locked once you are driving?
KosCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2019, 06:25 PM   #3
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosCo View Post
I noticed that they are using a rotary dial for gear selection. Just curious, does anyone know what would happen if you are driving along and reached to get something and your hand accidentally knocked the rotary gear selector into another gear?
It'll go to neutral like any other gear lever, but won't jam the brakes on and go to reverse or park. If anything the rotary dial should prove to be harder to accidently knock into neutral that a standard gear lever.
Old 13-01-2019, 12:07 PM   #4
KosCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton View Post
If anything the rotary dial should prove to be harder to accidently knock into neutral that a standard gear lever.

Thanks for your input - it makes sense that it would operate that way.
KosCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post