Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 24-06-2015, 05:28 PM   #1
rjk74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Focus gear selection issues

Would anyone be able to point us in the right direction, my wife's 2010 5dr 2lt Focus is having gear selection issues. She reversed it out of the driveway, then couldn't select any forward gears. We finally got it to select all accept 5th, I had a look at where the cables run into the gearbox. The plastic swivel piece that holds onto the front linkage seems a bit sloppy, just wondering if this could be the cause of our issues. If anyone could give us some advice it would be appreciated thanks.
rjk74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2015, 04:59 PM   #2
rjk74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Focus gear selection issues

Well took it to mechanic and it wasn't the cables but the gearbox is cactus cant get 5th at all.
Old 18-08-2015, 11:34 PM   #3
rjk74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fixed, took it to fluid drive in Bendigo, dropped motor to get to trans end cover, 5th gear hub buggered. 32$ part.
Old 20-08-2015, 01:06 PM   #4
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good that it is a goer again RJK74 ,
to do the whole job to replace the 32 dollar part , drop the motor etc, if i might be a sticky nose, how much in total and at what k`s roughly did the part fail, and any idea why the part failed ?
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2015, 03:37 PM   #5
rjk74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It failed at 98,000ks nobody I took the car to had seen this issue before, also of the three mechanics l went to none could get a changeover 5sp the reckon they just don't see issues with them. Jay from Fluid Drive suggested just dropping the whole lot and having a look, luckily it was repairable all up $520 to fix, better than a new gearbox suppose.
Old 20-08-2015, 10:41 PM   #6
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the reply, mmm pretty low k`s for a fault like that you would think , but these things do happen , by the sounds of it your mechanic looked after you on price, so all is well, hope it continues to go well for you mate, all the best..
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post