Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default XR/TE50 Instrument cluster into 5.0L

I have an instrument cluster from a T3 TE50 for sale in the parts for sale section on here. Someone is asking will it fit into a std 5.0L Plug & Play OR would mods be required ?
Anyone know the answer to this ?

T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD
FTe342 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #2
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

It's plug and play. The only real difference is if they have a high series cluster that shows each individual door open the TS cluster will only show the pic of all doors open

5.0L, 2.1l Kenne Bell, Tickford T3 Heads, Crow valve springs, YellaTerra 1.7 Rockers, Comp Cam, Comp D-Row Timing, 10mm LiveWire Leads, LC-1 & Moats Quarterhorse, B&M TransCooler, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, King Superlow Coil Springs, John Bowe Superlow Pro Leaf Springs, K&N 4" Pod & CAI, Pacemakers, 100c Cats, 2.5" Redback, 19" FPV Rims, BF-T Prem Brakes, TS50 Bumper with DTRL's, Custom FG Bulge, BA XR Side Skirts/Rear bar

Ford Performance Club of ACT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rayban76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #3
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: XR/TE50 Instrument cluster into 5.0L

Thx mate
T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD
FTe342 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #4
FAT245
Lacking Imagination

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Nath deserve's a Technical Contributor award for his willingness to share everything in his vast knowledge of tuning EEC-IV and -V Falcons, not to mention engines! 

I Believe if it is going into a Low Series that some pins will need to be reallocated to work with the cluster.

My 11 Second AU Fairlane
364w | 225cc CNC | ---/---@0.050 | Morrison Motorsport ITB Manifold | MoTeC M150 (Engine Control) | PCS TCM-2800 (Trans Control) | 6800rpm Stall | 4R75W
FAT245 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2013, 01:22 AM   #5
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayban76 View Post
It's plug and play. The only real difference is if they have a high series cluster that shows each individual door open the TS cluster will only show the pic of all doors open
it is by no means plus and play but can be done, you need to relocate 4 wires to a plug that isn't there so you will need to acquire the plug to make it work ( or use an alternative that fits the pins, computer motherboard header plugs will fit. series one is not compatible with later series due to the wiring of the speed alert through the steering wheel controls, try mixing series one and later clusters and you will have major dramas ( been there done that)

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2013, 01:25 AM   #6
FAT245
Lacking Imagination

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Nath deserve's a Technical Contributor award for his willingness to share everything in his vast knowledge of tuning EEC-IV and -V Falcons, not to mention engines! 

Taken from Ford Mods

Quote:
Wiring changes required when fitting a Mid/High Series Cluster to a Forte/Futura Model Falcon.
Although the Mid and High Series Clusters will simply plug in, and A L M O S T function, there a re a few changes you will need to make, in order to get the Cluster to function correctly.
These changes are needed in order for the following to function,
Dial Illumination with Park Lamps On
The ABS Warning Lamp to Illuminate correctly
The Right Hand Side Indicator Lamp to function Correctly

The following wires need to be moved around, in order for the Mid/High Cluster to function correctly,
1. The Park Lamp Dial (+ Positive) Illumination needs to be moved from Pin 13 to Pin 2.
2. The Dial Negative Dimmer Illumination needs to be moved from Pin 21 to Pin 3.
3. The ABS Warning Lamp Wire needs to be moved from Pin 8 to Pin 23
4. The R.H. Side Indicator wire needs to be moved from Pin 19 to Pin 26

Please Note : In addition to these changes, you will need to also change the Oil Warning Switch, to an Oil Pressure sender unit, and also swap the Odo Reading. (See Below for further details on how to do this)

My 11 Second AU Fairlane
364w | 225cc CNC | ---/---@0.050 | Morrison Motorsport ITB Manifold | MoTeC M150 (Engine Control) | PCS TCM-2800 (Trans Control) | 6800rpm Stall | 4R75W
Old 05-11-2013, 01:27 AM   #7
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

I had my TS 50 cluster plugged in my fairmont and did not have to make any modifications and have all lights illuminated and working properly. Still running in the car without problems

5.0L, 2.1l Kenne Bell, Tickford T3 Heads, Crow valve springs, YellaTerra 1.7 Rockers, Comp Cam, Comp D-Row Timing, 10mm LiveWire Leads, LC-1 & Moats Quarterhorse, B&M TransCooler, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, King Superlow Coil Springs, John Bowe Superlow Pro Leaf Springs, K&N 4" Pod & CAI, Pacemakers, 100c Cats, 2.5" Redback, 19" FPV Rims, BF-T Prem Brakes, TS50 Bumper with DTRL's, Custom FG Bulge, BA XR Side Skirts/Rear bar

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-11-2013, 01:29 AM   #8
FAT245
Lacking Imagination

TS50 is based on a Fairmont, So it would of just worked Ray

TS50 = High Series
Fairmont = High Series

My 11 Second AU Fairlane
Old 05-11-2013, 01:31 AM   #9
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

Which is what I said at the start ... Re TS50 and high series ...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-11-2013, 01:33 AM   #10
FAT245
Lacking Imagination

Yep I know.

I am just confirming what you said.

But OP never specified what type of car it was going on so i thought i'd just make it clear,

My 11 Second AU Fairlane
Old 05-11-2013, 01:34 AM   #11
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

Yep true

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This user likes this post: