Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

I was following an XR6 Turbo with P plates this morning.
LH brake light wasn't working so I pull up beside him at a set of lights and say, "Gidday mate, your LH brake light isn't working."
I've done it before (I'm nice sometimes) but have never been given the finger and a F off as a reply. :(
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 06-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #2
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
LH brake light wasn't working so I pull up beside him at a set of lights and say, "Gidday mate, your LH brake light isn't working."
I've done it before (I'm nice sometimes) but have never been given the finger and a F off as a reply. :(
That's sad. I'd like nothing better than a fellow driver point out a bad light or indicator, or any other fault. Hope that dude gets picked up asap and spanked hard.
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-05-2024, 08:05 AM   #3
onemanempire
One Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post

Funny you should say that.. I once told a guy at a set of traffic lights that his brake lights weren't working, I mean all of them. He says "what are you a mechanic or something"? FFS, was only trying to save him a decent fine and or a defect notice... Some people..
Old 04-05-2024, 09:57 AM   #4
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanempire View Post
Funny you should say that.. I once told a guy at a set of traffic lights that his brake lights weren't working, I mean all of them. He says "what are you a mechanic or something"? FFS, was only trying to save him a decent fine and or a defect notice... Some people..

Years ago, somewhere on the old Pacific Goat-track near Ballina, driving at the speed allowed by the crap conditions, I came up behind a car that had a very wobbly rear passenger wheel, but not being driven slowly as the driver seemed unaware.
Flashed my lights, blew the horn, made gestures for him to pull over. Nope. Ignored.
When we got to a small town, he pulled over, and bounced out of his car full of aggro. I calmly got out, told him he had a loose wheel, and he wanted to argue about it. Walked to the wheel, gave it a shove with my foot and it moved about 2 inches, and had 3 loose nuts just holding it on.
No apology, no thanks, no comment. Just stood gormlessly looking at it while I walked back to my car.

I CBFd doing stuff like that anymore. Their car, their problem, their defect.
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-05-2024, 08:27 AM   #5
onemanempire
One Man

Quote:

Yeah, same here..
I was heading upto Renmark from Adelaide some years ago and saw a BA Falcon pulled over in a parking bay with the bonnet open. There were about 5 elderly Indian people all out of the car (outside temp was like 38+ degrees) looking agitated. No, I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally!
I turn around and head back to help them out. Turns out the Falcon was on LPG and had run low on coolant and you can guess the rest (frozen convertor). I always carried a 5 litre bottle of water in the boot. So I refilled reservoir with 5 litres. Nope. Still not enough. So I used my personal drinking water to top it off.
Fired it up and just like magic, it ran fine. There was some mumbling amongst them. All but the driver hopped back in. Driver looks at me... closes the bonnet, without saying a word, hops back in the car and boots off. No thanks, no offer of money, no Jack Sheeit.
Some people are just thankless.
Keeping in mind I did it to help, not to get a reward.. A thanks was all that was needed to make me feel good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lra View Post
Years ago, somewhere on the old Pacific Goat-track near Ballina, driving at the speed allowed by the crap conditions, I came up behind a car that had a very wobbly rear passenger wheel, but not being driven slowly as the driver seemed unaware.
Flashed my lights, blew the horn, made gestures for him to pull over. Nope. Ignored.
When we got to a small town, he pulled over, and bounced out of his car full of aggro. I calmly got out, told him he had a loose wheel, and he wanted to argue about it. Walked to the wheel, gave it a shove with my foot and it moved about 2 inches, and had 3 loose nuts just holding it on.
No apology, no thanks, no comment. Just stood gormlessly looking at it while I walked back to my car.