Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 07-11-2006, 12:27 PM   #1
Jess85

Default How much you pay for your tyres?

I've got 16's and was quoted $183 for each tyre. The bloke said the tyres i've got are pretty rare and because they're low profile that makes a difference.

Im just planning on getting 2 new tyres and putting them on the rear and moving the rear ones to the front. My front tyres are getting pretty bad but im gonna have to wait a bit until i get more $$.

These tyres have been on the car since i got it last Nov

Jess85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2006, 01:03 PM   #2
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Pretty rare tyres??

He is pulling your leg and at the same time he is pulling his own...

my 16inch tyres are BF goodrich and cost me about 210 each. These are sport tyres though.

Which tyres were u quoted on?
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2006, 01:15 PM   #3
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Sounds like you need to go to a decent tyre shop....

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2006, 01:20 PM   #4
Jess85

My bf did the enquiring for me and he knows the guy that runs the local Bob Janes.
Im not sure which tyres i've got (cant be bothered going to check- its raining)

My bf said getting 16's and low profile costs a bit. He also said it'd be cheaper buying 17's but then i gotta get rims too
Old 07-11-2006, 01:30 PM   #5
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

I got my potenza G3's for 135 each they are a good tyre. Offer plenty of grip wet and dry (even in wet 2nd gear won't spin they just grip) around corners are very nice. Ive had mine for coming on 10,000km and they still have plenty of thread. Although alot of those will be highway km to and from uni (60km trip one way to uni)
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2006, 02:03 PM   #6
crispymk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess85
My bf did the enquiring for me and he knows the guy that runs the local Bob Janes.
Im not sure which tyres i've got (cant be bothered going to check- its raining)

My bf said getting 16's and low profile costs a bit. He also said it'd be cheaper buying 17's but then i gotta get rims too
Mechanics at work said the same thing to me, the 16's in that particular profile are more expensive per tyre than if you were using the 17in Focus rims. Just cause its a less common size, not many people run low profile 16's

I will be shopping around for some soon too, these Cotis are nice but I seem to be going thru them fairly quick o_0
Old 07-11-2006, 02:40 PM   #7
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My 17" Focus tyre isn't a common size so there for prices of the tyres can be expensive

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2006, 02:45 PM   #8
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

215/40/17s - Nankang NS2 - $110 per tyre. They arnt a bad tyre in the dry, but quite slippery in the wet and around hard twisties. Got them August 05 and they are still on the car. Im not too sure how to read the tyre wear tho but just looking at em they look like new.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:48 PM   #9
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

195/45R16 ContiSportContact (original equipment) should cost u around $210. You should be able to find plenty of cheaper tyres but REALLY good, if not better than the Contis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess85
Im just planning on getting 2 new tyres and putting them on the rear and moving the rear ones to the front. My front tyres are getting pretty bad but im gonna have to wait a bit until i get more $$.

These tyres have been on the car since i got it last Nov
Hmmm... how much and how hard do you drive your car? The Contis should last much longer than 12 months (again depending on how u drive your car).

Anyways to answer your question. I paid $150 each for 205/40 R17 (Federal 595). They're nearly, if not as good as big-brand tyres but cost cheaper.

Here's what I got on at the moment http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...30#post1061330

Last edited by HyperKid; 07-11-2006 at 03:16 PM.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2006, 02:51 PM   #10
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Depending on the exact size, retail prices start at about $130, the only way is up.
If your B/friend knows the guy he should be able to get something half decent for around that price.
As for them being rare, I've got about 20 choices listed that'll fit.
Good luck

BTW Mitch, just because it says 'sport' on the sidewall doesn't make them anything special, it's the name of the tyre. :evil_laug
(Nankang NS-2's have 'UltraSport' on the sidewall....)

Old 07-11-2006, 03:42 PM   #11
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

I realise that Scarey. But these tyres perform up against the potenza and F1 goodyear. They are considered sport tyres. Hence why they cost more.

You should know this :P
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 07-11-2006, 07:54 PM   #12
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
..... But these tyres perform up against the potenza and F1 goodyear...... They are considered sport tyres. Hence why they cost more.
Depends on who you talk to, many people are not that impressed with them.

Quote:
....They are considered sport tyres. Hence why they cost more.
Also depends who you talk to, don't always believe what you read on the net, or what people who are trying to sell you something, tell you.
You should know that :P

Old 07-11-2006, 09:03 PM   #13
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKid
195/45R16 ContiSportContact (original equipment) should cost u around $210. You should be able to find plenty of cheaper tyres but REALLY good, if not better than the Contis.
I'd rather pay $262 RRP for the ContiSport Contact2 in 205/45R16. Considering they come standard on the Polo GTI, XR5T and ST170 (And I think I've seen a few BMWs with them fitted too!)... they'd be a pretty good tyre.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2006, 09:28 PM   #14
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
215/40/17s - Nankang NS2 - $110 per tyre. They arnt a bad tyre in the dry, but quite slippery in the wet and around hard twisties. Got them August 05 and they are still on the car. Im not too sure how to read the tyre wear tho but just looking at em they look like new.
well of course they look like new lol. you probably washed them and sprayed them with tyre shine lol...silly... my 17" focus rims tyres where 140 a tyre... Falkens....alright in the Dry.... slippery in the wet... wait no SUPURB in the dry...lool..

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2006, 09:38 PM   #15
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
well of course they look like new lol. you probably washed them and sprayed them with tyre shine lol...silly... my 17" focus rims tyres where 140 a tyre... Falkens....alright in the Dry.... slippery in the wet... wait no SUPURB in the dry...lool..
I mean the tread u baffoon... And yes tyreshine does wonders, should try it on day sean.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:20 AM   #16
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

photn - you find the Falkens superb in the dry?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 09:24 AM   #17
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
photn - you find the Falkens superb in the dry?
yep they dont miss a beat......but there shocking in the Wet....ive only had a couple of instances where i have had tyre squal (no understeer) in the dry. but that was cause i went from 100 - 40 in a 90" turn lol.....

Old 08-11-2006, 10:52 AM   #18
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

To be honest... with my last car which had a fantastic chassis the Falken 512 directionals werent too bad, in the dry. They gripped well around corners. But were horrible off the line.

In the wet, they were just plain scary.

Loads of fun :
Old 08-11-2006, 11:35 AM   #19
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
yep they dont miss a beat......but there shocking in the Wet....ive only had a couple of instances where i have had tyre squal (no understeer) in the dry. but that was cause i went from 100 - 40 in a 90" turn lol.....
Weird. I found the Falkens shocking on all counts.

A squealing, low grip, high sidewall movement joke. I hated them.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 12:02 PM   #20
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Weird. I found the Falkens shocking on all counts.

A squealing, low grip, high sidewall movement joke. I hated them.
my next tyre will be the Toyo Proxes 4 like you sujested Danny......ill see how they compare...

Old 08-11-2006, 02:11 PM   #21
Jess85

[QUOTE=HyperKid]

Hmmm... how much and how hard do you drive your car? The Contis should last much longer than 12 months (again depending on how u drive your car).

I got the car at 5000ks as it was a demo at the dealership my dad and bf work at so it had been driven a bit before i got it.

I dont do wheel spins etc but i drive like a maniac (so i've been told!) lol
Old 08-11-2006, 02:44 PM   #22
photn
AFF Post NAZI

[QUOTE=Jess85]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKid

I got the car at 5000ks as it was a demo at the dealership my dad and bf work at so it had been driven a bit before i got it.

I dont do wheel spins etc but i drive like a maniac (so i've been told!) lol
come for the Cruze this weekend and you will see how a Maniac will drive...either me or someone else.....lol.....your probably a passive driver compared to everyone else lol.

Old 08-11-2006, 02:46 PM   #23
Jess85

im going to the Blue Mountains this weekend. Im known to be a bit radical
Old 08-11-2006, 03:55 PM   #24
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Yeah well alot of people know what happened there last time. So slow the hell down, unless another one of you wants to play with fire and have your cars front end redesigned by a rock wall.

It's not cool to be radical, especially when it means u destroy your car.

I would suggest fairly tight supervision on this cruise. Any mod's going on it?

Loads of fun :
Old 08-11-2006, 04:03 PM   #25
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Yeah well alot of people know what happened there last time. So slow the hell down, unless another one of you wants to play with fire and have your cars front end redesigned by a rock wall.

It's not cool to be radical, especially when it means u destroy your car.

I would suggest fairly tight supervision on this cruise. Any mod's going on it?
it should be a good cruze and im sure no one will getinto trouble...its fairly open road and an enjoyable ride...

i personally live around there and i know its not too dangerous.....

Old 08-11-2006, 04:03 PM   #26
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Your an idiot mitch
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 04:11 PM   #27
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Piotr. That kind of behaviour will get yourself slapped by a mod.

We had a couple members saying how crazy they are on the road and that they cant wait to get on the cruise to show everyone how silly they can be.

''Im known to be a bit radical''

''come for the Cruze this weekend and you will see how a Maniac will drive''

''I dont do wheel spins etc but i drive like a maniac (so i've been told!) lol''

Do we really want to have Eurofordclub.com advertising on the back of 15 cars flying through the mountains like a bunch of thirteen year old hooligans?

I personally think there should be someone there in charge, to keep an eye on things to make sure events dont repeat themselves.

After all... the club is about having a good time, a good time is a safe time :eclipsee_

Happy Days

Loads of fun :
Old 08-11-2006, 04:13 PM   #28
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Now now Piotr, no need to insult people like that.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:16 PM   #29
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Piotr. That kind of behaviour will get yourself slapped by a mod.

We had a couple members saying how crazy they are on the road and that they cant wait to get on the cruise to show everyone how silly they can be.

''Im known to be a bit radical''

''come for the Cruze this weekend and you will see how a Maniac will drive''

''I dont do wheel spins etc but i drive like a maniac (so i've been told!) lol''

Do we really want to have Eurofordclub.com advertising on the back of 15 cars flying through the mountains like a bunch of thirteen year old hooligans?

I personally think there should be someone there in charge, to keep an eye on things to make sure events dont repeat themselves.

After all... the club is about having a good time, a good time is a safe time :eclipsee_

Happy Days
agreed mitch....though i have said that i drive like a maniac. lol..which i dont deny...as long as we stay within our capabilities we should have a fun time....i iwill drive the way i always do on the cruze (maybee slower for other ppl) but i dont expect any1 to try and copy/follow/do what i do...ive lived around there for Many years...ive learnt to drive around there so i know the roads perfectly and i know ware to do what when...all i ask is that every1 enjoys the drive the scenery and each others company..

mitch btw....just to point out the Melbourne cruze was a bit wild but everybody had fun....and i understand ware you are comming from...

Old 08-11-2006, 04:25 PM   #30
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

melbourne cruise? :|

Loads of fun :