Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 14-10-2006, 06:05 PM   #1
Glamour_Girl
Starter Motor

Default 1991 Tx5

Hey everyone,
I am new here. I am from Adelaide. My name is Staceylee and I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. Well a couple of days ago my dad got me my first car. its a 1991 TX5 and we are trying to put a pioneer stereo in. We know wat cords are wat on the stereo but we dont know where they go connecting to the car. I hope this makes sense. If anyone could help me please email me at dreshoney_69@hotmail.com

thanks
mwa

Glamour_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2006, 06:18 PM   #2
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

Hi Staceylee, welcome to the forums.

Everything should be in the manual that you go with the stereo. The plug that comes out of the back of the head unit should have 7 wires coming out of it. 4 of which will be for your speakers, and the other 3 being Red, Yellow and Black.

Black being earth, Red being Accessories, and Yellow being constant power from memory.

You may have more luck looking around in the Audio Tech section.

Goodluck, and if all else fails a car audio place will be able to do it easy enough. Hope this answers your question.
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2006, 11:39 PM   #3
gruelius
Starter Motor

all the cables in my testar were black, i have a 1985 model.

Anyway

You should try to grab yourself a multimeter, or another tool to see which cables carry power. Touch each cable with the multimeter and connect it to the car chassis/acceleration pedal. You should get one cable giving out power without the car on, and one with the car on. One of the cables is for memory, the one that is allways on and one is for power the one which is only on when the car is on.

For speakers the best way is to just get a battery and touch the negative wire onto the bottom and the posotive onto the top, this way you can figure out which cables go to which speakers.

Hope that helps
J