Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 07:12 PM   #15631
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Am I reading that right?

A vaccine that reduces hospitilisation and death by 80-90% = rubbish medicine that doesn't work.

A pill that reduces hosptilisation and death by 50% in trial stages = exactly what we need.

Interesting conclusion....
Apparently.

I think he's just frustrated with the lockdowns which is fair enough but spend the time being better informed than ranting with misinformation.
This user likes this post:
Old 04-10-2021, 07:23 PM   #15632
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Apparently.

I think he's just frustrated with the lockdowns which is fair enough but spend the time being better informed than ranting with misinformation.
This. You'd think that after being in a pandemic for two years and feeling so strongly about these things, you'd use that time to learn about these things that you feel strongly about.

If you're ever curious about why it's taking so long to get out of the pandemic - and out of lockdowns - look no further than the anti-vaxxers who have no idea what a vaccine is.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-10-2021, 08:30 PM   #15633
BA-XT
2003 BA Falcon XT

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CUd3euH...dium=copy_link

Complete far right wing miss information as usual. I follow a few doctors and scientists who spend waaaaaay too much of their valuable time debunking this garbage.

Stop it please.

IMPCO LPG Vapour Injection.

DETAILING
Meguiar's NXT Car Wash
Collonite #845 Insulator Wax
Bowden's Own Happy Ending & Fully Slick
Chemtech CT-18 Truck Wash (Wheels & Chassis)
Bowden's Own Wheely Clean & Tyre Sheen
Bowden's Own Three Way Paint Decontamination Spray

OILS AND FILTERS
Nulon Full Synthetic 10w-40
Nulon Long Life Coolant
Ryco Oil & Air Filters

My Instagram Account: @ba_falcon2003
Old 04-10-2021, 09:39 PM   #15634
Metdevil

Don't forget to wash that down with some gomutra.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2110D5
Old 04-10-2021, 09:58 PM   #15635
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooDog View Post
Is that you Don?
That's his hero..............
Old 04-10-2021, 10:15 PM   #15636
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
yep your right with another on of your libs leaving
thats 3 now
I'm neither a Liberal voter or a New South Welshman, so not sure why they're 'my' libs?

But, you are right, they seem to be throwing in the towel like it's the latest craze.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 04-10-2021, 10:41 PM   #15637
HIPO
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA-XT View Post
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CUd3euH...dium=copy_link

Complete far right wing miss information as usual. I follow a few doctors and scientists who spend waaaaaay too much of their valuable time debunking this garbage.

Stop it please.
Bent far lefties.obviously.

You guys do any research into the mounting side affects of the jab, or the tons of whistle blower doctors & nurses coming forward.... nah leave it to your MSM.
Old 04-10-2021, 11:23 PM   #15638
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO View Post
Bent far lefties.obviously.

You guys do any research into the mounting side affects of the jab, or the tons of whistle blower doctors & nurses coming forward.... nah leave it to your MSM.
"mounting". In NZ, out of 4.3 million doses administered, only 666 (someone is going to read too far into this, I know it) cases of serious adverse effects were reported.

That's 0.015% of doses resulting in serious adverse effects.

There are also 60 deaths reported to date, only one of which has been linked to the vaccine, but even if they all were, well, to quote the report...
"To date, the observed number of deaths reported after vaccination is actually less than the expected number of natural deaths."

https://www.medsafe.govt.nz/COVID-19...-report-28.asp

If you're calling 0.015% "mounting" then what do you call the tens of thousands of people in ICUs all over the world with covid?

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-hospitalizations
Old 04-10-2021, 11:31 PM   #15639
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2nd dose next Monday.
Bought forward the appointment because the stipulation on construction about traveling regional to metro is simply unworkable for any business or sole trader.
I was actually pretty annoyed reading through it. I kinda feel like we're doing all we can here, give us a break already!
But no matter what target we reach there'll just be more rules, more "COVIDSafe Practices".
They should put a date on it. 1st December, back to normal. If you want it you coulda got it. Enoughs enough already
2 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2021, 01:09 AM   #15640
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
I'm neither a Liberal voter or a New South Welshman, so not sure why they're 'my' libs?

But, you are right, they seem to be throwing in the towel like it's the latest craze.
4 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2021, 06:14 AM   #15641
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO View Post
guess that proves it wrong then....
The burden of proof remains.

It means that YOU have to prove your argument with facts not bias.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:07 AM   #15642
Trevor 57
is now there

so, is the Ivermectin that is used here as a cattle drench, the same as the Ivermectin used to treat COVID in the States. I am led to believe they are different drugs, but the same name

Apparently America has the same drench for cattle but it is not the same as the COVID treatment. We are laughing at the Yanks for taking Ivermectin, but what if their 'Ivermectin' is a treatment for COVID?
Old 05-10-2021, 08:16 AM   #15643
PhilT2

Ivermectin is a treatment for parasites, works in horses, cows, people...Been around a long time and works well, at killing parasites.
Old 05-10-2021, 09:06 AM   #15644
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
Ivermectin is a treatment for parasites, works in horses, cows, people...Been around a long time and works well, at killing parasites.
I said that is my post, I am not sure why you replied with that. You haven't answered my question
Old 05-10-2021, 09:47 AM   #15645
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

1763 cases for Vic today, from 62,189 tests.

That's a new daily case record for both Vic and the country.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 05-10-2021, 09:54 AM   #15646
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
I said that is my post, I am not sure why you replied with that. You haven't answered my question
im not your google

do your own research
3 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2021, 10:03 AM   #15647
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
1763 cases for Vic today, from 62,189 tests.

That's a new daily case record for both Vic and the country.
This is genuinely sad; for the state to spend so long under stricture, and still be hampered by these figures when contrasted against levels of Covid vaccination. From an outsider’s view it feels like watching Sydney at half speed.
3 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2021, 10:13 AM   #15648
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
so, is the Ivermectin that is used here as a cattle drench, the same as the Ivermectin used to treat COVID in the States. I am led to believe they are different drugs, but the same name

Apparently America has the same drench for cattle but it is not the same as the COVID treatment. We are laughing at the Yanks for taking Ivermectin, but what if their 'Ivermectin' is a treatment for COVID?
Here's a snippet from the wiki page for Ivermectin:

Brand names
It is sold under the brand names Heartgard, Sklice[73] and Stromectol[1] in the United States, Ivomec worldwide by Merial Animal Health, Mectizan in Canada by Merck, Iver-DT[74] in Nepal by Alive Pharmaceutical and Ivexterm in Mexico by Valeant Pharmaceuticals International. In Southeast Asian countries, it is marketed by Delta Pharma Ltd. under the trade name Scabo 6. The formulation for rosacea treatment is sold under the brand name Soolantra.[2] While in development, it was assigned the code MK-933 by Merck.[75]

Hope that helps answer your question, Trev?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 05-10-2021, 10:21 AM   #15649
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed
International borders opening jusssst in time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
This is genuinely sad; for the state to spend so long under stricture, and still be hampered by these figures when contrasted against levels of Covid vaccination. From an outsider’s view it feels like watching Sydney at half speed.
Hopefully 80% first dose keeps the hospitilisations and deaths in check. We were running behind in the hunger games, that was always going to put us at risk. Although spending time outdoors you wouldn't know we've hit the 1000s....people out and about doing their thing, moreso than when we were in the 100s, but pleased to observe most are compliant.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2021, 10:27 AM   #15650
PhilT2

Ok I'll try again; There is to my knowledge only one Ivermectin, discovered about 25 years ago long before Covid. It comes in different forms depending on whether it is intended for human or animal use. But it's the same drug. It kills parasites. There is no other drug with the same name, as far as I know, developed for any other purpose.

There were claims that people were taking Invermectin meant for horses and while it may be the same drug, the dose for a horse is a bit more than what is suitable for a person.

Sometimes a drug developed to cure one problem works with other issues, or sometimes people just believe it may help. But Ivermectin was never developed to treat Covid and its manufacturer has not claimed it will do so. There has been some studies on how effective it is in treating Covid, the Internet will provide you with evidence for any opinion you want to hold.
Old 05-10-2021, 10:33 AM   #15651
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
It really is this bloody Delta is nasty ......looks like NZ could be heading the same way the government has finally admitted elimination is not happening they're going to keep working on it but concentrate on vaccination...on a positive note Auckland is 85% vaccinated they expected it to be 90 by now......don't know if that's going to be achievable

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
3 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2021, 10:37 AM   #15652
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I hope the government are able to continue vaccinating everyone who’s willing, and promptly. I expect to be back next year (first time since January ’87, sure it must’ve changed ), preferably with no more than a few days in home quarantine.
2 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2021, 10:49 AM   #15653
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack91 View Post
2nd dose next Monday.
Bought forward the appointment because the stipulation on construction about traveling regional to metro is simply unworkable for any business or sole trader.
I was actually pretty annoyed reading through it. I kinda feel like we're doing all we can here, give us a break already!
But no matter what target we reach there'll just be more rules, more "COVIDSafe Practices".
They should put a date on it. 1st December, back to normal. If you want it you coulda got it. Enoughs enough already
Geez mate, didn't even know you had your first one!
Old 05-10-2021, 10:52 AM   #15654
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:

Just be a very diluted version Trev, but very pricey for the dilution process!
Old 05-10-2021, 10:53 AM   #15655
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
Ok I'll try again; There is to my knowledge only one Ivermectin, discovered about 25 years ago long before Covid. It comes in different forms depending on whether it is intended for human or animal use. But it's the same drug. It kills parasites. There is no other drug with the same name, as far as I know, developed for any other purpose.

There were claims that people were taking Invermectin meant for horses and while it may be the same drug, the dose for a horse is a bit more than what is suitable for a person.

Sometimes a drug developed to cure one problem works with other issues, or sometimes people just believe it may help. But Ivermectin was never developed to treat Covid and its manufacturer has not claimed it will do so. There has been some studies on how effective it is in treating Covid, the Internet will provide you with evidence for any opinion you want to hold.
thank you for a reasoned response
Old 05-10-2021, 10:57 AM   #15656
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
thank you for a reasoned response
your laziness has been noted
Old 05-10-2021, 11:56 AM   #15657
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
your laziness has been noted
who ripped off your head and **** down your neck?
Old 05-10-2021, 12:08 PM   #15658
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

NSW/VIC

NSW records 603 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 0.9542 (from 0.9539) while the actual line remains below the predictive trend line and based on the 3rd order polynomial, that trend line now has a downward curve again.

VIC records 1,763 cases in the current period (a new record high) and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.0986 (from 1.0834) while the actual line is now well above the predictive trend.

Week 12 in Victoria ended today with 23,819 cases to date compared to 20,145 at the same point of the 2020 outbreak and 33,891 for the NSW 2021 outbreak. Weekly case numbers sees Victoria closing in on NSW and I expect that those numbers will pass NSW in the next week or so bearing in mind that we are comparing historical data for NSW with current data for Victoria as NSW is about 3.5 weeks ahead. It should be noted that this last week is the first time Victoria has more cases than NSW although they are at different stages of their respective outbreaks.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 05-10-2021, 12:42 PM   #15659
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT October 4th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,990 new cases for Australia and 12 deaths so the CMR is 1.187%.

30 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.616%.

The UK had 34,256 cases yesterday and 33 deaths for a CMR of 1.726%.

93,171 new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,161 deaths sees CMR at 1.617%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 236M, the last 1M in 3 days;

No countries

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while Norway, Montenegro and Bosnia drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 05-10-2021, 01:07 PM   #15660
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

I forgot to add that the 1,763 cases in Victoria yesterday is also a new high within the country, topping the previous NSW high of 1,603 on 11/09/2021.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Closed Thread