Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-07-2024, 07:08 AM   #1
None-ya

Default Venting frustration

Why the F is it so hard to find a/1 70 CFM carby's (let alone 6),
No there was to spelling mistakes ( 70 . . . 700)
No I don't give a F about your holly that keeps surging
No I don't give a F about your VH bom*adore with its 355 stroker
" As above " Chev / Mopar
" "Holly vs quadujett ( can't remember how to spell it)

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

( CAN ONE OF THE MOD INSERT THE EMOJI THINGY WHERE THE THING THROWS THE COMPUTER AGAINST THE WALL??)
Old 08-07-2024, 07:28 AM   #2
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default Re: Venting frustration

Side draft / Downdraft?

A bike carb might be an option for sidedraft. Twin barrel holley might be good for downdraft. Even 6 x stromberg. Weber DCOE/IDA will fit the bill but are a bit spendy

I assume you are fabricating the intake?

If you have moved past venting and are looking for ideas share some of the details about the application.
Old 08-07-2024, 08:54 AM   #3
None-ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
Side draft / Downdraft?

A bike carb might be an option for sidedraft. Twin barrel holley might be good for downdraft. Even 6 x stromberg. Weber DCOE/IDA will fit the bill but are a bit spendy

I assume you are fabricating the intake?

If you have moved past venting and are looking for ideas share some of the details about the application.
Have been trying to find 6 X single barrel side draft carby's for a while for a ITB sent with a ED 4L(1), ( time to confuse people) 7L(2). AMR500 supercharger is a small 500cc positive displacement super 500x6=3000cc/3L, 3L+4L=7L ( had to get a laugh) lol forget about that.
The intake so far is just a ed log manifold that's been 'hacked of' 5ish cm from the head with the plan of welding (getting someone else to) a flange onto each port to bolt the carby's to . . . .
Old 08-07-2024, 01:13 PM   #4
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

This is just my thoughts

I don't think a PD blower is a great match for ITB setup. You will need to feed the blower into a common plenum, then through the ITB.

I don't think the ITB is a great match for the ford 6 either. You will be forever chasing your tail trying to tune it, especially in a boosted application. EFI might offer some more tune ability over carbs

I would go with the more tried and true setup of a blower to a standard intake manifold.

But if you're keen on that setup I would recommend bike carbs. Select one that has a throttle size around the size of your inlet diameter.

Worth visiting this guy's youtube as well. He did an ITB setup for a mini
https://www.youtube.com/c/makingformotorsport

Good luck!