Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
White_sr_taxi

Default blocks

hey chaps

302 block out of a e series falcon, possible to mod and bring up to au II fairmont specs? aside from the intake manifold what else is diffrent? can you mod 302 injected windsors easy to retro fit into au's?

cheers

White_sr_taxi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2010, 03:19 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_sr_taxi
hey chaps

302 block out of a e series falcon, possible to mod and bring up to au II fairmont specs? aside from the intake manifold what else is diffrent? can you mod 302 injected windsors easy to retro fit into au's?

cheers
The block will be the same but heads, manifold, cam, intake etc are different from E series to AU (and even some of the AU series had changes too).

Your best bet would be to get a 220kw engine out of a wrecked AU2/3 sedan and drop that in. Provided your car came with a V8 it's a straight fit - if yours is a 6 you have some work ahead of you.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:28 PM   #3
White_sr_taxi

yes, conversion it is, slowly mind you, i just thought as i can find e blocks ok but not au's, anyone done a build thread on v8 convrsion? i know i need the following: Rad, power steering pump, loom, ecu, bcm, rack, engine mounts, tranny and full exhaust, what else have i missed? i don't have A.B.S would i need to retro fit this too?
White_sr_taxi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post