Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-07-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 
Default Legal Minded, Not So Legal Minded, Opinionated, Maligned, Cheesed Off Or Plain Scared

As members of the AFF we have become (or were to begin with as it may be) incredibly passionate about many things – The vehicles we drive, own, who we share the roads with and how they drive as well.

With these points in mind, and noting the passion that I see in many members posts, I come to you with a proposal (and an approval from Russ – cheers for that! - I've posted it here as I believe it's technically automotive related, but feel free to move at your whim! )

Whilst people will suggest that there is little that we can do as individuals to deal with these frustrations, as a collective body of people, we hold a much stronger voice.

I believe from this collective voice (and with enough publicity behind it), it is possible to actually make the voice of the majority heard.

The concept that I have in mind is a draft proposal, available for all members of AFF to contribute to prior to a final draft and submission to the Federal Minister for transport as well as every single State and Local Government minister in your area regarding what we, as regular road users and enthusiasts, and just plain concerned citizens, believe are the best options to ensure that we as road users are all safe.

As a collective body, we talk a lot about these such rules and how they continually effect us, a small percentage of us actually write to our local MP's etc., this may just provide the tools to attempt to have some impact of the current legislation.

This proposal will not just entail the current stipulations for driving regulations but also how easy it is to obtain a licence, keep a licence, and what legislation should be when it comes to policing of minor speeding infringements, ADR's, etc.

Currently there are numerous state based laws which are seen to be overruled by commonwealth laws (as applicable).

My proposal is to target each individual issue in depth, and any issue that you as members of a democratic society deems suitable for discussion and collaboration.

Yes, it is a pie in the sky idea, but so was Einstein and his theory of relativity (among others). :P

We can remain quiet and continue to grumble about these things or we can put some action behind the grumbles and make it virtually impossible for us a society to remain unheard.

If anything a politician wants to be elected (or re-elected as it may be), I think most you would find, particularly the opposition, will jump on the bandwagon if it means some extra votes for them.

So, in saying all of this – if you do have suggestions as to what needs to be raised in this proposal, please let me know. If you have factual evidence behind it, please also include this, as it will save me a lot of time.

Whatever it is that grinds your gears (legitimate), please do post.

If you make note of education in road users, please note the particular area you see as the concern, as specific as possible, and it will make it much easier for me and anyone else who decides to help me work on this mammoth project

NOTE:

- I DO NOT want rants about revenue raising – this proposal will NOT make any allegations or purport to know this as fact (regardless of feelings or media coverage on such matters).

- This proposal will be based around FACTUAL and STATISTICAL information, experience and possible legal precedent (if required or deemed necessary, or if there is any).

- So please, be constructive and be considerate. The last thing I want is this thread closed because people start bickering or slipping away from the actual cause here.

- This will not be a quick fix, as a proposal of this nature will require quite some time and effort to ensure that it actually will be heard – patience is a virtue, and perhaps, just perhaps, we might get a positive outcome for everyone.[/list]

EDIT: If you can please also let me know roughly what area you're from and I will endeavour to find out information where possible on local/state laws applicable to your area (if they are local/state issues).

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez

Last edited by SEZ213; 13-07-2010 at 11:11 PM. Reason: additional info...
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post