Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 01-06-2020, 11:23 AM   #1
mourati

Default Activate Anti-Hijack Auto Locking MC Mondeo Titanium

Hi there - it has been covered off prior, and I did take my Mondy into the Ford Stealership only to be told not possible (cannot enable the auto door lock feature when you drive off) - is there anyone out there that has a modified ELM327 OBD with Forscan that is based in Melbourne that would be prepared to add this feature onto my vehicle - will happily drive out to you and cover your time $$ wise - happy to hear back from anyone in Victoria that could offer me this service please? Thanks
mourati is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2020, 01:53 PM   #2
11ford11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Activate Anti-Hijack Auto Locking MC Mondeo Titanium

This might work

Get into the car and close all the doors. Insert your key into the ignition, but leave it in the off position. ...
Turn the key to the on position and press the power door lock button three times in a row. ...
Push the power door unlock button once to turn on the auto lock feature.

Or this

Put the key in the ignition and turn it to on.
Press the Unlock button three times.
Turn the ignition off.
Press the Unlock button three more times.
Turn the ignition back to on.
The horn should beep once. ...
Press the Unlock button, then press Lock again.
11ford11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2020, 02:36 PM   #3
mourati

Thank you - will give it a go shortly and provide feedback for all.

Being the Titanium Spec, there is no key to insert.
I'm assuming to "turn on" the ignition only but no start the car (like putting it into accessories).
Where you say turn the key to the on position and press the power door lock button three times in a row. ... (is that via the remote fob?) I don't see how else that is possible? Becasue I can lock the car from the inside but only once as I would need to unlock it via the latch if I had to do it 3 times?
and again...when you say "Push the power door unlock button once to turn on the auto lock feature." The remote??

Or this

Put the key in the ignition and turn it to on.
Press the Unlock button three times. (The Remote Unlock Button?)
Turn the ignition off.
Press the Unlock button three more times.
Turn the ignition back to on.
The horn should beep once. ...
Press the Unlock button, then press Lock again.

I give it a go and see what comes of it? If the offer of a local modded config member is in Melbourne and you're ok to enable it that would be great too? if the above does not work?
Old 02-06-2020, 01:13 PM   #4
mourati

Hi 11ford11 -tried both sequences and neither one did the trick to activate this features :( will look and see if there is any other way to activate it? Unless anyone has any other magic up their sleeve, please send through? Cheers
Old 02-06-2020, 01:47 PM   #5
11ford11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was worth a try
Do you know if ford checked if it was possible to set thru central configuration with scan tool Perhaps contact a different dealer
Is possible it is no longer available but thought that was for a later model - gtlegend ??
Old 04-06-2020, 12:19 AM   #6
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Auto locking when driving off has become illegal due to the introduction of an ADR that basically states that in an accident all four doors must be able to be opened from the outside after an accident. When they crash test the vehicles, there is obviously no one in the car but under testing conditions if there is auto drive away locking, the vehicle cannot be opened from the outside and there for does not pass that particular ADR. There were a couple of recalls on cars that came out with the function, but then had to have it permanently turned off.

This was discussed a while back, see thread below:

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showth...ight=auto+lock

Last edited by GTLEGEND; 04-06-2020 at 12:24 AM.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2020, 10:17 PM   #7
mourati

I understand the change in ADR and when this was implemented (I too once upon a time worked at the Ford Motor Co) - however as listed in the link above, vehicles that have the auto locking enabled, have the logic through the BCM and PCM to unlock all doors during an accident (only when air bags are deployed).
Secondly, the MC Mondeo was built prior to the ADR change - this feature still exists on many new modern vehicles that are still sold in dealerships today; and yes...they are ADR compliant.
Not sure of the thinking that was applied here, as anyone can still lock their door within by flicking the lock snib too.
Just would be handy for the this auto locking to occur automatically. But thanks for sharing
Old 05-06-2020, 10:20 AM   #8
11ford11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your assuming thinking was applied
Had this already been implemented in Europe
Try a different dealer perhaps
Old 05-06-2020, 08:46 PM   #9
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You can use FoCCCus to do it.
Be wary though as worst case scenario you brick the module and the car could refuse to start.
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2020, 10:15 AM   #10
mourati

Hi all - enabled it! Now operational...method; OBDII and Forscan - took no more than around 10 mins to re-write it in the BCMii section. Happy to assist anyone in Melbourne too!
3 users like this post: