Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2021, 09:38 PM   #15781
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
I honestly don't know why you are venting about the parent since the RCH allowed visits for a very good reason which is beyond your comprehension.

You have no idea what people are going through over here in the Eastern states and be glad you don't have our problems in your state otherwise you be changing your tune.
Enough said.

OBTW Martial Law does not exist for Australia; not in our constitution.
There is nothing at all that I do not comprehend, simple really,
follow the rules, bad luck you live in a State that has lost control of its people, we never had the problem here in Perth, I wonder why?
Simple really, we follow the rule of State law, your State dident, so simple!
Won't be changing my tune brother, everyone in WA is " Whistling Dixie " not " Woe is me "
See Section 51 of the Defence Act!
Enuff said!

Last edited by slowsnake; 07-10-2021 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-10-2021, 09:43 PM   #15782
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
It turns out it was the mother of the child, so not a normal visitor but someone who should of realised just how delicate her child's immune system is, I mean did she remove her mask to kiss her child's forehead or cheek?
I think it has already been pointed out that the Mother had NO symptoms.

Quote:
The mother should be named and shamed, positive or negative to covid!
Lock em up for a month, they will learn the rules but the hard way, seems the nice way has no effect on some deadheads
So what you are pretty much saying that regardless of the how healthy the mother is she should be banned from seeing her kid.

Perhaps you should put yourself in the kids place. On your own in a scary environment with strangers prodding you 25/7 and no Mum allowed in.............seriously?
Old 07-10-2021, 09:51 PM   #15783
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

My most recent ICU experience, I say this with some apprehension because I don’t want the facility to be excoriated, but when it was a matter of someone in extremis the rules became very flexible. No head count limit (within reason), no mask rules enforced in the actual room.

I don’t think people would go into a ward callously; for sure unthinkingly, but it’s a situation I would give some grace to.

Aside from that the announcements per NSW rule changes have been popularly implemented by many already. Aldi was full of couples shopping, this isn’t how it was even a week ago. Any policing now is really cherry-picking.
4 users like this post:
Old 07-10-2021, 09:54 PM   #15784
cosworthfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
The problem I have is this, and this is the kicker...

Customers are now requesting only vaccinated staff and contractors from our company enter their homes... Fair enough, that is their right since I am entering their private property. Their rules.

But... Let's look at the other side of this scenario.

I have to go into people's homes everyday. Probably 20 homes a week.

But I do not have the right to refuse going if the occupants or home owners are not vaccinated themselves... I still have to do the work, or lose my job.

Now, I am the one running the risk, even though I take precautions like wearing a mask, gloves and being fully vaccinated, etc.

And there are 1000's like me in my situation... Tradies, estimators and contractors going into private homes everyday.

How is that fair?
I think you raise fair points, and I’d certainly have no issues being upfront with a tradie on our status (we’re both fully vaxed). I’d also be happy to take whatever steps were needed to reduce any risk to them as much as possible.

To give you some comfort, the precautions you’re taking reduce your risk a lot.
3 users like this post:
Old 07-10-2021, 09:56 PM   #15785
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Customers are now requesting only vaccinated staff and contractors from our company enter their homes... Fair enough, that is their right since I am entering their private property. Their rules.

But I do not have the right to refuse going if the occupants or home owners are not vaccinated themselves... I still have to do the work, or lose my job.

Now, I am the one running the risk, even though I take precautions like wearing a mask, gloves and being fully vaccinated, etc.

And there are 1000's like me in my situation... Tradies, estimators and contractors going into private homes everyday.

How is that fair?
I think all this vax unvax issues should be covered by health and safety and businesses, staff and customers all have a responsibility to protect each other imagine if a chef prepared food while having a disease that could be passed on the company will go for a skate

This virus is no different companies need to know they have put all protections in place ......I think governments are to scared to legislate they're all worried about the repercussions and are waiting for business to do the dirty work for them which seams to me pretty clear it's their business and if they deem it's a health and safety issue then if you want to work for them or contract to them you have to comply or no job

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 07-10-2021, 10:16 PM   #15786
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

NZ Government has just mandated that all teachers ,health workers and caregivers must be vaccinated....nothings been said about repercussions? Least it's a start the pressures going to steadily increase on the anti vaxxers

It will be interesting to see how the unions react they could react either way, I'm a union member and I will be disappointed if they reject this ,normally I'd be all for people rights but I think this is different it's a pandemic and it's time people pulled together and protect each other or this is going to drag on forever

524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
This user likes this post:
Old 07-10-2021, 11:24 PM   #15787
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have my second dose scheduled on Monday arvo

Pretty **** timing for work considering we have a change going on this weekend and despite all the planning and testing things only reveal themselves fully during business hours.

I had no side effects the first dose other than the sore arm but apparently they are usually worse for second one. We will see.
Old 07-10-2021, 11:35 PM   #15788
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Just been notified of a positive case at my daughter's school during her GAT.

Awaiting more information from departments; education and health.

Parents fully vaxed and relaxed, daughter first jab concerned she will kill us.

This **** just got real....
Old 08-10-2021, 12:22 AM   #15789
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
There is nothing at all that I do not comprehend, simple really,
follow the rules, bad luck you live in a State that has lost control of its people, we never had the problem here in Perth, I wonder why?
Simple really, we follow the rule of State law, your State dident, so simple!
Won't be changing my tune brother, everyone in WA is " Whistling Dixie " not " Woe is me "
See Section 51 of the Defence Act!
Enuff said!
Billy boy please look at the attached link which may explain what I'm on about and hopefully you may understand instead of being pig headed.

https://www.rmhc.org.au/
2 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2021, 12:37 AM   #15790
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Quote:

How is that fair?
We have an agreement at work.
Our booking staff tell customers that they have to wear a mask , have windows open to ventilate the building and keep at least 1.5m away while we are there.
If the customer refuses to do so , the company backs us walking away.
Basically us techs have agreed to work providing the risk level is no worse then we have going to the shops.
We can't hide forever.
2 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2021, 01:12 AM   #15791
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEL View Post
We have an agreement at work.
Our booking staff tell customers that they have to wear a mask , have windows open to ventilate the building and keep at least 1.5m away while we are there.
If the customer refuses to do so , the company backs us walking away.
Basically us techs have agreed to work providing the risk level is no worse then we have going to the shops.
We can't hide forever.
Agree with you, that's how it should be.

It must be remembered that under OH&S regulations, businesses have a duty of care not to place its staff knowingly in a situation that could be unsafe or affect their health in the workplace.

A workplace is not only a company's premises, but any remote worksite or home, even a company vehicle the employee may be in at the time.

I remember when they brought in the rule, that all company owned cars used by employees had to have a first-aid kit supplied.

The argument was that if you required first aid at the office / factory, there was a kit available... So a company car being a "workplace" should also have one.

Same reason why smoking was banned in many company cars if it was not allowed in their physical business premises.
2 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2021, 08:32 AM   #15792
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I have my second dose scheduled on Monday arvo

Pretty **** timing for work considering we have a change going on this weekend and despite all the planning and testing things only reveal themselves fully during business hours.

I had no side effects the first dose other than the sore arm but apparently they are usually worse for second one. We will see.
Ask then to give it in the gluteus or ****, they will say it's less effective, that is an outright lie, it is more or equally effective, from the Doctors mouth, not mine.
Old 08-10-2021, 08:36 AM   #15793
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Billy boy please look at the attached link which may explain what I'm on about and hopefully you may understand instead of being pig headed.

https://www.rmhc.org.au/
I said it was the end, finite, don't show me a pre covid ad, 2018, show me a post covid or current ad, it's finished!
Old 08-10-2021, 08:38 AM   #15794
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ask then to give it in the gluteus or ****, they will say it's less effective, that is an outright lie, it is more or equally effective, from the Doctors mouth, not mine.
I'd rather have a sore arm than a sore ****

524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
4 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2021, 09:40 AM   #15795
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Just heading back to the dilemma businesses face regarding the safety of their employees and the covid pandemic, I see that Worksafe have announced they are investigating the death of an employee at a call centre. This will be an interesting one to watch as it may set a precedent.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-...eath/100521852

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
2 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2021, 09:52 AM   #15796
slowsnake
Banned

See that a bunch of coppers who attended the Melbourne protest marches are testing positive, one in hospital on a ventilator!
Old 08-10-2021, 09:53 AM   #15797
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Have just seen the latest for new Victorian coronavirus cases, and the story that ADF staff will be doubling as ambulance drivers. Not good.

Interesting that in NSW a number of different bodies are expressing concern about the way in which a “return to normal” has been expedited. We might be comparing case count with Victoria again soon…
4 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2021, 10:04 AM   #15798
slowsnake
Banned

They used the ADF IN 2020 at the WA/SA border, that was for helping the local cops control the crossing, I often wondered if they went north from the border to stop people crossing through the bush and cutting back South!
Old 08-10-2021, 10:06 AM   #15799
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Just heading back to the dilemma businesses face regarding the safety of their employees and the covid pandemic, I see that Worksafe have announced they are investigating the death of an employee at a call centre. This will be an interesting one to watch as it may set a precedent.
They don't have a great record on health and safety which isn't going to help them but why are they still insisting that their agents work on-site?

We support a couple of large businesses in the contact space and all but one (secure) government campaign have been migrated to working from home for more than a year and that one has all 40 staff spread across an entire floor that would normally seat 200 with heavy duty protocols in place.

The reality is, that if there is a safer alternative and they chose not to use it then they are probably going to be found in breach of their duty of care at the very least.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2021, 10:09 AM   #15800
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
See that a bunch of coppers who attended the Melbourne protest marches are testing positive, one in hospital on a ventilator!
Have you got a link for that please?.
Old 08-10-2021, 10:09 AM   #15801
slowsnake
Banned

So Victoria has broken the Australian record for daily cases, geez, that's a lot of cases 1,838 and 5 deaths!....that's crazy,
Old 08-10-2021, 10:11 AM   #15802
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Ch 24 news about 2 hours ago!
Live not on the net!
So dident give link, sorry!
Old 08-10-2021, 10:16 AM   #15803
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Have just seen the latest for new Victorian coronavirus cases, and the story that ADF staff will be doubling as ambulance drivers. Not good.
SES & St Johns volunteers too. At least some SES vols have been trained to drive lights and sirens
Old 08-10-2021, 10:17 AM   #15804
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...0-7e52226b774f
Old 08-10-2021, 10:27 AM   #15805
slowsnake
Banned

Thanks for posting that Trev!
Old 08-10-2021, 11:18 AM   #15806
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

That's going to raise some hard question for the Police service in terms of their duty of care although I suspect that a lot of the 'safe workplace' stuff is not applicable to them or other emergency services given that the very nature of their job is often the antithesis of safe. I would presume that as long as they took whatever risk minimisation strategies were available to them, they'll be covered but if I was a serving member, I'd be asking some question of my own.

Observatio Facta Rotae

This user likes this post:
Old 08-10-2021, 11:54 AM   #15807
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

The high covid case numbers in Vic are continuing to impact upon those who would otherwise not be directly impacted.

Two dead after Victorian triple-0 callers left waiting
Ambulance Victoria has confirmed two people have died in recent days after their calls to triple-0 went unanswered for five minutes.

Executive director of clinical operations at Ambulance Victoria, Mick Stephenson, said he understood the Emergency Services Telecommunications Authority was looking into the incidents.

"I know those cases are being investigated and the failure to pick up calls is being investigated," he told ABC Radio Melbourne.

"We do know about it, we're very concerned about it and we certainly hope it doesn't happen again."

Mr Stephenson said the emergency health system in Victoria was under unprecedented pressure due to the high number of COVID-19 cases needing medical help.

He said hundreds of patients each week are waiting on stretchers for two hours outside hospitals.

"I've never seen the system under as much pressure as it is now," he said.

"And what that does, of course, it reflects down to the people working in the systems: nurses, doctors, paramedics, allied health staff are all working extraordinarily hard."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2021, 12:10 PM   #15808
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

NSW/VIC

NSW records 648 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases slightly to 0.9746 (from 0.9741) while the actual line is now above the predictive trend line and based on the 3rd order polynomial, that trend line has a downward curve.

VIC records 1,838 cases in the current period (another record high) and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.1016 (from 1.0920) while the actual line is further above the predictive trend.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 08-10-2021, 12:16 PM   #15809
slowsnake
Banned

Just received an email from eldest brother David, he lives in Cheshire UK, haven't had any communication from him for 2 weeks!
Of course he is very concerned about me and my cancer diagnosis and I was starting to worry having not received an email, usually twice a week.

But I let it go in case he was on a holiday with his wife after being released from lockdown, both are vaccinated with AZ six months ago, he has fought his cancer battle for 7 years, he was given a 100% all clear, he has a pacemaker due to sinus rhythm issues etc.

So he tells me he just got out of hospital, he was in 8 days, had a very rare type of stroke!
Cerebellar stroke, so in the back part of the brain in the cerebellum of course, says they didn't or couldn't find a cause, and he's home now and slowly recovering, which is good, says he just walks like a drunken sailor!

My reply to him besides the niceties was about the latent effects of AZ vaccine, am sure it was mentioned in this thread about it, but is the type of stroke he had the same or similar to what has been published regarding negative side effects of AZ vaccine?
Just replied to him, so not sure yet if doctors looked into the AZ being the culprit, more than 6 months since his second shot!
Old 08-10-2021, 12:47 PM   #15810
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

News coming through from NSW of a different Delta strain variant.

Different Delta strain identified
NSW's Chief Health Officer Kerry Chant a strain of Delta "which has a different genome sequence to the current strain circulating in Sydney" has been identified in the state.

She says there's no indication this strain presents any differences to transmission, vaccine effectiveness or disease severity.

There are eight cases — seven people in one household and one other person.

Dr Chant said investigations into this strain were continuing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6 users like this post:
Closed Thread