Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-12-2009, 11:19 AM   #1
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default VCE 2009 results!

So guys, anyone here done VCE/(insert other state here) this year? Our results for VCE come out today, I got a 47.55 ENTER haha, which is shithouse but it shows you can do nothing all year in year 12 and fly by the seat of your pants and get a year 12 pass.

I'm happy I got a pass, anyone else here happy with their results?

Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #2
Sam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

47.55 is a pass?
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2009, 11:31 AM   #3
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

I think 45 is passing mark lol
divine_afg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Nah you can pass with any VCE enter I'm pretty sure, as long as you pass all your subjects.

A mate got 27 a few years back and thats a pass too.
Old 14-12-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

yeah its just a ranking....so I take it your going into a trade?

give it a couple of years and only the will still be talking about there enter scores. If your happy with your work then congrats, one thing out of the way.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2009, 12:20 PM   #6
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
yeah its just a ranking....so I take it your going into a trade?

give it a couple of years and only the will still be talking about there enter scores. If your happy with your work then congrats, one thing out of the way.
Just going to find a job or two and see where it takes me, I got no plans set out so I'm just gonna go with the flow, what ever offers I get I'll take them up.
Old 14-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #7
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your ENTER score is the most overrated thing in the world.
Yes, it is crucial if you want to go into medicine or any medical field, but outside of that, if you have a goal and want to reach it enough, you can get there.

I finished in 2002 and my score was a bit below 80 (which for me, was crappo), but I've still done bugger all (almost finished a teaching degree, and also have a Diploma in Biz/Admin). A fellow student of mine got about 65, did a TAFE course, then went to Uni, now is doing a Masters of Business.

So if you didn't get what you want, in almost all circumstances, there are ways to still reach your goal, just not as directly. If anything, you'll be better off having both TAFE and Uni under your belt. You'll have the theory AND the practice.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2009, 10:39 PM   #8
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Yes, it is crucial if you want to go into medicine or any medical field, but outside of that, if you have a goal and want to reach it enough, you can get there.

I finished in 2002 and my score was a bit below 80 (which for me, was crappo), but I've still done bugger all (almost finished a teaching degree, and also have a Diploma in Biz/Admin). A fellow student of mine got about 65, did a TAFE course, then went to Uni, now is doing a Masters of Business.

So if you didn't get what you want, in almost all circumstances, there are ways to still reach your goal, just not as directly. If anything, you'll be better off having both TAFE and Uni under your belt. You'll have the theory AND the practice.
Exactly, people have been acting like its the end of the world and a few people have been in tears because they didn't get what they wanted. Its very overrated. Also I believe once you get into the workforce, they dont give a fat rats *** that you scored 99.95, just as long as you do the job and do it well.
Old 15-12-2009, 10:23 AM   #9
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't think they have the nasty words "pass" or "fail" anymore? just a ranking score?
Apparently its too damaging for their self esteem and stressful for the petals to cope with...

Last edited by 4Vman; 15-12-2009 at 10:30 AM.
4Vman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2009, 12:36 PM   #10
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
I don't think they have the nasty words "pass" or "fail" anymore? just a ranking score?
Apparently its too damaging for their self esteem and stressful for the petals to cope with...
You can still fail, fail English and your VCE is gone, you need to pass 16 units out of 22 to pass VCE.
Old 15-12-2009, 12:55 PM   #11
MAD
Petro-sexual

I finished VCE in 1998 with a score of 27.
I went on to TAFE to do computer systems, decided I hated computer users, then got a job. After being in the job for a couple of months I decided to go back to school to do something else. I applied to a few schools and was accepted by RMIT TAFE in to their mechanical engineering course as a mature age student (21) in 2002.
I finished my degree at RMIT University in 2007 with first class honours.

ENTER scores are a stupid idea. I didnt have an aim in VCE so I didnt give a rats.
Old 15-12-2009, 01:04 PM   #12
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought I was going to be a chippy when I left school so I made sure my woodwork marks were excellent and stuff the rest, then I didn't get an apprenticeship and I was up the river. However, nobody cares about your enter score outside of medicine, law etc. I ended up with a job I love but had no idea even existed when I finished school.
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2009, 09:25 PM   #13
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got 45.

Enrolled in Electrical engineering degree RMIT 4 years. Same as with enter, enters mean nothing.
Old 16-12-2009, 12:49 AM   #14
LOCO XP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
...and still, if you have a strong enough desire to go into medicine etc, it's not neccesarily crucial. A close friend of mine finished his secondary education in year 10 and worked as a mechanic and completed his apprenticeship, worked for about 10 years in workshops and driving trucks, grew tired of that and then decided to do a TAFE course to get a year 12 equivalency. That enabled him to enter uni and commence, and successfully complete a B. Med Science. But this degree was purely a stepping stone to bigger things, and he is now in his 3rd or 4th year of Medicine. By no means a hardcore bookworm, but a real hard worker and totally determined and practical guy, and no doubt once he has completed medicine, you will be hard pressed to come close to a totally genuine down to earth doctor. I recall when I was studying during exam week for pharmacy in Wagga, most of the exams were commmon with his med science course, he was taking on callouts for ReCar in between exams.... he even pulled a 2-day, no-rest session of driving up to the Qld border and towing a truck back, and this was in exam week. He was also the Residential adviser for the campus I was living at at this time. Crazy bugger and a top bloke, and probably the best example I can think of to illustrate that your entrance score etc is not the be-all and end-all....
LOCO XP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2009, 07:26 PM   #15
Psi-Pop
on the way to the RSL

I got 48 ish in 2005, I wasn't pleased, but i did waste pretty much year 12 between cars girls and drinking so I was not that surprised. I got accepted into RMIT Tafe for Aerospace Engineering due to the subjects I did. It was pretty crap, so left there and got a trade.

Now I'm a qualified Fitter and Turner and couldn't be happier, Schools place way to much stress on a VCE scores.
Old 18-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #16
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Yeah I wasted my year 12 as well, what was interesting though was I did nothing and my cousin was the opposite, studying hard for everything and he only got 10 more points than I did.

What was funny with me is that I put so much effort into everything from year 7 to 11, where nothing really mattered and then in 12, I changed my mind on going into IT industry so didn't bother with school anymore.
Old 19-12-2009, 02:32 AM   #17
ToxikXR6
Enthusiast

i know a friend who just completed SACE [South Australia] ..did all the sciences etc.
a TER of 73.. (plus any extra bonus points)

i was very surprised that she only got that score.
SCALING!!
ToxikXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post