Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2020, 10:31 PM   #1441
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Investigation into COVID-19 and Chinese culture.
Old 11-04-2020, 10:33 PM   #1442
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
But what about easter egg hunts!??
Clever swear fllter avoidance there.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
4 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2020, 10:41 PM   #1443
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

January 15th: Trade deal between Trump and Xi Jinping
January 15th: Articles of impeachment forwarded.
January 15th: First case of coronavirus from China to America.

Close enough.
This user likes this post:
Old 11-04-2020, 11:33 PM   #1444
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

I miss joining my friends down at the beach.

Bloody virus

8 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2020, 11:47 PM   #1445
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here's a quote from Godwin in an interview with Ashley Hoffman of Time magazine;

"We have to be patient because when you have freedom of speech, it’s 100%. Open societies need to tolerate that people use their freedom badly sometimes."

I agree!!

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

Last edited by AlanD; 11-04-2020 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Capitalisation required
3 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2020, 11:59 PM   #1446
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
I miss joining my friends down at the beach.

Bloody virus

I'd like to see that lot at Maslin's Beach

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Old 11-04-2020, 11:59 PM   #1447
blue sleeper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I think after that post you deserve a holiday......

Have: 1JZ Soarer dump pipe, exhaust, coilovers , 17" mags
Old 12-04-2020, 12:04 AM   #1448
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue sleeper View Post
I think after that post you deserve a holiday......
Thanks for proving my point on the previous page, I love virtue signallers who take offense on others behalf.

Are you a Jew? Even then I haven't posted anything anti semitic.

I've just pointed out that people seem to overwhelmingly support restrictions in civil liberties and are partaking in behavior that has similarities to what happened 70+ years ago.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 12-04-2020 at 12:10 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 12:08 AM   #1449
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
My observations about Australia and Australians in general is they cant handle others who value their freedom, which doesn't surprise me as the country was founded as a prison colony - convicts, can't live without someone else telling them what to do.
Not all of it Franco, us in good old SA are free settlers who also happen to have a tight reign on COVID19 compared to our convict brethren in the Eastern States, we just do whatever it takes, there might be something in that...
I guess sleepy old Adelaide has its moments.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 12:09 AM   #1450
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Not all of it Franco, us in good old SA are free settlers who also happen to have a tight reign on COVID19 compared to our convict brethren in the Eastern States, we just do whatever it takes, there might be something in that...
I guess sleepy old Adelaide has its moments.
You also don't have such ridiculous restrictions that Victoria has, you still allow groups of up to 10 people.
Old 12-04-2020, 12:10 AM   #1451
blue sleeper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks for proving my point on the previous page, I love virtue signallers who take offense on others behalf.

I don't know if I am a Jew, but my Grandfather was in Buchenwald Concentration Camp. So yeah virtue signalling...... Not so much....

Old 12-04-2020, 12:13 AM   #1452
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
I don't know if I am a Jew, but my Grandfather was in Buchenwald Concentration Camp. So yeah virtue signalling...... Not so much....
Cool story bro - Nonno was also a POW used as a slave labourer in WWII.

It's not uncommon for anyone of European heritage to have relatives involved directly in WWII.

So yes, you still are virtue signalling.
Old 12-04-2020, 12:21 AM   #1453
blue sleeper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Cool story bro - Nonno was also a POW used as a slave labourer in WWII.

It's not uncommon for anyone of European heritage to have relatives involved directly in WWII.

So yes, you still are virtue signalling.
I was going to write a reply with rage but you are not worth it..... Mods sign me out of this thread for a while.....

Old 12-04-2020, 12:38 AM   #1454
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is absolutely ****en ridiculous to compare what were are doing here right now to Nazis.

My grandparents escaped Europe at that time and despite their troubles they never whinged about that or how hard it was. They certainly never compared Australia to Nazis like some people would like to assert now.
5 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 12:42 AM   #1455
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
I was going to write a reply with rage but you are not worth it..... Mods sign me out of this thread for a while.....
What this amounts to is that you don't like my opinion, have called on the higher powers to moderate it, since you are yet to get your way you've decided to play the victim.

So not only are you virtue signalling you're now playing the victim as well.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 12:55 AM   #1456
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
It is absolutely ****en ridiculous to compare what were are doing here right now to Nazis.

My grandparents escaped Europe at that time and despite their troubles they never whinged about that or how hard it was. They certainly never compared Australia to Nazis like some people would like to assert now.
Travel restrictions, having to have certain reasons for being outside of your home, people dobbing each other in and restrictions on business - you can certainly draw parallels.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:03 AM   #1457
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Travel restrictions, having to have certain reasons for being outside of your home, people dobbing each other in and restrictions on business - you can certainly draw parallels.
You could, but it's to keep people safe and we have to cater to lowest dumb ****s in the country.

The measures aren't permanent mate. We just have to make it through and get on with it when it is done.

Jeez imagine if we were in an actual war right now. A few people can't just chill out at home
5 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 01:34 AM   #1458
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
You also don't have such ridiculous restrictions that Victoria has, you still allow groups of up to 10 people.
Exactly my point, we don't need them as us civilized folk here in Sadelaide are well behaved in comparison.
3 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 02:24 AM   #1459
blue sleeper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What this amounts to is that you don't like my opinion, have called on the higher powers to moderate it, since you are yet to get your way you've decided to play the victim.

So not only are you virtue signalling you're now playing the victim as well.
I'm going to quote myself below....
"I was going to write a reply with rage but you are not worth it..... Mods sign ME out of this thread for a while....."

See the Emphasis. Not you ME! But make it about you, as you seem to enjoy....

3 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 03:28 AM   #1460
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
You're forgetting the 'prerequisites' for CV19 to be fatal - 3 co-morbidities and and age of at least 80.
Statistics don’t lie... Do they?
Over here, 33.3% of our fatalities have been young/ middle age with zero previous health problems!

(3 deaths as of today... 2x 87 yr old males and 1x 45 yr old male with NO underlying health issues.)
We have 545 cases... (110 cases per million people) and 3 deaths..
(0.6 fatalities per million)...
We are on full lockdown with essential travel allowed ONCE per week... And not a whine or a whinge outta anyone (even with zero wages coming in for Tico locals)
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )

Last edited by Charliewool; 12-04-2020 at 03:38 AM.
3 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 06:23 AM   #1461
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I've just pointed out that people seem to overwhelmingly support restrictions in civil liberties and are partaking in behavior that has similarities to what happened 70+ years ago.
I'd call what you posted trivializing the Holocaust and outright offensive.
Comparing temporary measures designed to limit the spread of a potentially deadly virus with death camps and blind hatred towards a single group of people is about as ludicrous as it gets.

I've heard the same comparison made years ago re the introduction of crushing of cars for hoon behaviour.

It's easy to try to create a tenious link between govt policies and Nazi Germany but it's not factual, it's simply emotive bs and is denying the valid medical evidence that is behind these measures.

I personally don't find the current measures draconian.
The notion that governments around the world have gotten together and come up with varying but still basically similar methods of people control but using Covid 19 as a cover is frankly absurd.

On a side note, i despise racism in all its forms. The last few years saw here in Australia lots of hatred towards Muslims and used the various face coverings of Muslim women to justify it claiming it was wrong, oppressive etc.
Well guess what? Go pretty much anywhere here now and you'll see lots of those same hater Anglo women and men too wearing a face covering that hides much of their face. It's called a facemask.
4 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 07:57 AM   #1462
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Here at home we have now started a roster for dinner cooking, daughter #2 made chicken burgers and they were a treat. Daughter #1 still thinks GYG is ‘cooking dinners’. Cracked open a bottle of champagne and sat around the dinner table talking about stuff, the good the bad and some utter crap - felt like a family again.

Daughter #2 and her friends use Skype as a virtual alternative to having a session at the local, each armed with their various drinks and giggling the night away, as long as she doesn’t spew in her bed...
3 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 08:22 AM   #1463
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
I'd call what you posted trivializing the Holocaust and outright offensive.
Comparing temporary measures designed to limit the spread of a potentially deadly virus with death camps and blind hatred towards a single group of people is about as ludicrous as it gets.

I've heard the same comparison made years ago re the introduction of crushing of cars for hoon behaviour.

It's easy to try to create a tenious link between govt policies and Nazi Germany but it's not factual, it's simply emotive bs and is denying the valid medical evidence that is behind these measures.

I personally don't find the current measures draconian.
The notion that governments around the world have gotten together and come up with varying but still basically similar methods of people control but using Covid 19 as a cover is frankly absurd.

On a side note, i despise racism in all its forms. The last few years saw here in Australia lots of hatred towards Muslims and used the various face coverings of Muslim women to justify it claiming it was wrong, oppressive etc.
Well guess what? Go pretty much anywhere here now and you'll see lots of those same hater Anglo women and men too wearing a face covering that hides much of their face. It's called a facemask.
After all of that and what you berate FC for, you equate an archaic religion requiring women to wear oppressive garments to some (just as easily brainwashed) white people temporarily wearing face masks during a so called pandemic
BTW it isn’t racist to criticise or oppose Islam as many races follow it.
And buggered if I know why you picked out anglos as Catholic Filipinos or some Hindu Indians despise Islam 100 times over than large populations in the bad white west.
3 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 08:37 AM   #1464
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
You've shot your argument down with one word - want. You want to go for a drive, you don't need to.
I used the XR6 as an example...I haven't actually taken the car anywhere in the past couple of weeks , not even for my 'essential' requirements just so you know. She's just sitting there looking pretty , doing nothing. Five minutes if that trip to work is not worth getting her out of the garage.

Mind you , the first opportunity that some distance needs to be travelled for essential reasons , guess what one of my two Falcons comes out of the shed . It's a real disappointment but understandable that I can't use it for a nice drive somewhere if the mood takes me but I can't at the minute .

At the moment my return drive to work and shops is done by the old AU and the old Honda Accord carts the dogs to the Forestry Commission tracks for exercise .

Tell you what though...I have all of next week off and social distancing / no more that two people fishing is still allowed in Tasmania as we speak so I might have to chuck the rods in the XR6 if I end up going one day . That's 20 or so minutes drive at least.

Last edited by roddy1960; 12-04-2020 at 08:54 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 09:18 AM   #1465
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
After all of that and what you berate FC for, you equate an archaic religion requiring women to wear oppressive garments to some (just as easily brainwashed) white people temporarily wearing face masks during a so called pandemic
BTW it isn’t racist to criticise or oppose Islam as many races follow it.
And buggered if I know why you picked out anglos as Catholic Filipinos or some Hindu Indians despise Islam 100 times over than large populations in the bad white west.
I'd call Catholicism archaic too, just.like probably all religions.
It excludes women from the priesthood and has blokes sitting in a box hearing anonymous naughty tales.

Some racists yell abuse at Muslim women wearing head or face coverings yet claim at other times they are opposed to those coverings only and that they actually support the women personally.
And I'd call it racist to oppose Muslims like you seem to suggest

I'm an athiest btw
Old 12-04-2020, 09:54 AM   #1466
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Back on topic i see so more people than usual exercising responsibly in my local area.
We'll be going for a walk later today ourselves
3 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 10:06 AM   #1467
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post

Not sure why you are intent on spreading false information.
I'm not watching the short form media grabs from MSM to get my 'facts'. Do your research.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:13 AM   #1468
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack91 View Post
Am i the only one expecting a big movement/civil unrest if this goes on much longer?
Im not even a socially active person, and im still working, but I'm angry.
If stage 4 comes in in vic and construction stops, grab the popcorn. I never, ever, EVER thought id say this, but thank god for the cfmeu.
I'm surprised people are putting up with the false information from the CMO and government health. Typically, you would only quarantine the sick and infirm. Yet the whole population is being told to stay at home.

I'm going to enjoy watching the rebellion occur in the next couple of weeks if Chairman Dan and the Berijokelian government doesnt relax social distancing laws.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:15 AM   #1469
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
January 15th: Trade deal between Trump and Xi Jinping
January 15th: Articles of impeachment forwarded.
January 15th: First case of coronavirus from China to America.

Close enough.
Pain is coming. Barr is alluding to this in his recent interviews with Ingraham.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:34 AM   #1470
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
Back on topic i see so more people than usual exercising responsibly in my local area.
We'll be going for a walk later today ourselves
Good idea. Freezing cold windy day here today but me and the muttleys will once again be going about 7km to an old timber track for an hour of peace and quiet with no phone and radio to 'escape ' from the mind numbing coronavirus crap on media that is now just blending into a huge melting pot of overdone. Do all the media realise that any sane rational person is going to get sick and tired pretty soon if not already of hearing the same old diatribe every five minutes..

Normal news services of course, maybe a couple of minute updates every hour or so and the Public Service announcements is fine but the continuous breakfast shows especially and 'special news shows' like The Latest that just seem to base themselves inexorably to coronavirus stories for the vast majority of the shows has to be considered a bit over the top by the mainstream channels ..

I wish I could get them to pace themselves a bit better in this regard and think that maybe more focus on other stuff might actually be a good thing for mental wellbeing for many watchers , listeners or readers .

I can't so I'll switch them off and do something else to escape the saturating never ending flood of virus news ..New meaning to the term "It's gone viral."
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread