Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-02-2006, 03:15 PM   #11
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by parawolf
Mechan1k: thats great news... a word on situps unfortunately can increase the size of your gut/belly as you will be building the size of those muscle groups. Situps should be done periodically to maintain shape, but core exercises such as running, skipping and similar exercises (including pilates) are far better to ensure a good looking chest. If you build up your abs with situps, and don't do much else to support it - you can end up with similar look to a beer belly.

We've got two sets of scales in the house at the moment, so to report in based on the scales i've been using for all previous measurements i'm 82.5kg! (the new 'digital scales' show me at 84kg).

Either way i'm very happy. I gotta eat more vege's and more protein though.
The belly is slowly going down .... I am just doing it for toning though ... I don't do many situp/stomeach crunches in one go ... 2 sets of 20 reps ... that's all. Not everyday though ... depends if i remember to so it.

My courier work involves a lot of lifting as it is ... and I get my fair share of upper-body and leg work most days .. it's the shiftwork that stuffs me up inbetween ... hence walking of evenings when i can ... although Optus has decided dayshift workers aren't allowed in the underground car park .. the nearest unrestricted "all-day" parking on the street is about 2km away from the office in Chatswood ... so more walking for me.

I have increased my vegetable and fruit intake during my diet time and I find it has been replacing the biscuits/ice cream/cakes/chocolate. Mind you I have had some icecream and chocolate since being on the diet .... but only small amounts to hold the cravings back.

I actually found it was easier to get off cigarettes easier than losing weight.

I am actually feeling better since I started the diet ... I don't feel as lethargic and bloated at times ... I am sure the exercise has helped in this respect.

Last edited by Mechan1k; 16-02-2006 at 03:20 PM.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post