Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs down We bashed Blake.....

Following on from the Animal Cruelty thread, as it was mentioned in there

For those who didnt see it on the news :

Quote:
Flood hero's brother bashed and bullied
Rachel Olding
April 8, 2011

Blake Rice ... has a broken collarbone.

Blake Rice ... has a broken collarbone. Photo: Jacky Ghossein

THE brother of the Queensland flood hero Jordan Rice has been bullied and bashed by other youths apparently because of the media attention his family has received after the disaster.

Ten-year-old Blake Rice's mother, Donna, and brother, Jordan, were swept to their deaths in the flash flood that swamped Toowoomba on January 10. Jordan, 13, was hailed a hero after he told rescuers to save his brother first.

Blake's father, John Tyson, told the general manager of Lifeline Darling Downs, Derek Tuffield, that his son was assaulted by up to six youths last weekend at a skate park in Toowoomba. The youths reportedly bashed Blake with sticks, leaving him with a broken collarbone. They then created a Facebook page titled ''We bashed Blake Rice''.

Mr Tuffield said the family has been repeatedly harassed, bullied, abused and picked on since the floods.

''John wants to relocate now from Toowoomba to the Gold Coast. He believes he can no longer stay in Toowoomba. He needs to move on and what happened on the weekend was the last straw,'' he said.

The Prime Minister, Julia Gillard, visited Toowoomba on Tuesday and met flood victims, including Mr Tyson and Blake, who wore a sling for his broken collarbone. They also met Prince William on his tour of cyclone- and flood-affected communities last month.

A family friend, Debbie Anderson, told the Toowoomba Chronicle that certain members of the community had ''laughed in our face about Jordan's death''.

Toowoomba is a conservative town by nature, Mr Tuffield said, and something akin to ''tall poppy syndrome'' had caused some in the community to react negatively to people who had received ongoing media attention over the loss of loved ones.

''Words can't describe how embarrassed we are as a community here that this son has been assaulted,'' he said.

''These people are really good people. I can't imagine what goes through some people's minds to make prank calls and assault them.

''Overall, Toowoomba people are … horrified by what's happened to this family.''

The mayor of Toowoomba, Peter Taylor, said the attack was ''absolutely appalling''. Queensland Police would not comment on any investigation.
Seriously what the hell is wrong with these kids to bash up a child whos family has suffered so much and then laugh about it????

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 08-04-2011, 10:58 AM   #2
pitpal
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: We bashed Blake.....

The youth of today are f%&#@d. IMO a lot of the blame is the lack of proper parenting. A lot of the youth are just feral. You just have to go to the shopping centeres and see them.

They probably had nothin better to do as getting some of them in the workforce is near impossible. My heart goes out to young Blake. God bless him

FOR SALE oil catch cans and cats back exhaust to suit BA|F GT. PM FOR MORE INFO
Old 08-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
buggo
[BU66OS]

I've heard about this on the news but I'm still not entirely sure why this happened? They say this the floods he has been harrassed etc, but why? Are the other kids gealous he's on TV because he lost his family?

Whatever the reason, this is a dog act and I'm sure karma will catch up with those who have done this.

BA XR8 Manual
Old 08-04-2011, 12:38 PM   #4
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Where's Casey heynes when you need him!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #5
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I read that this morning and humanity just took another step down - loses his mother and his brother and gets beaten up because he was seen on TV and then a page made on Facebook to brag about it.

I'm struggling to think of anything more callous than that and the mentality one must have to get any sort of enjoyment and pride from it only questions where these people are headed in life.

We're headed in the wrong direction.. and the foot seems to be to the floor.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:53 PM   #6
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
I read that this morning and humanity just took another step down - loses his mother and his brother and gets beaten up because he was seen on TV and then a page made on Facebook to brag about it.

I'm struggling to think of anything more callous than that and the mentality one must have to get any sort of enjoyment and pride from it only questions where these people are headed in life.

We're headed in the wrong direction.. and the foot seems to be to the floor.
Agreed, until our judical system starts handing out real penalties to these low lifes things will keep getting worse.

I wouldnt be surprised if people start taking the law into their own hands (not suggesting I agree with that) a lot of people are getting fed up with this sort of stupidity)

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
Old 08-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #7
Chopped
as in chopped

Right at the very bottom of the heap.
I'd love to see faces and names published of the offenders.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #8
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped
Right at the very bottom of the heap.
I'd love to see faces and names published of the offenders.
I was thinking that...if they want to act so smart it should be inflected back on them.

I think we can all safely say we did some dumb **** when we were kids....but some of the things that go on now are beyond comprehension...

How was he possibly a tall poppy? (this term shits me to tears BTW..yeah right Aussies are the only ones that do this).
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 08-04-2011, 04:20 PM   #9
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope these deadbeat scumbags have the absolute living SH$$ kicked out of them by their families, their friends, their neighbours, the locals and everyone else. They don't deserve the air we breathe.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:20 PM   #10
Addz08
"FEED IT"

Eye for an eye I think....
BA XR8 UTE ,PACEMAKER 4/1'S,MAGNAFLOW METALCORE CATS,TOYS CUSTOM TWIN 2 1/2 SYSTEM, CAPA TUNE, K&N FILTER, LIGHTENED BILLET STEEL FLYWHEEL, DCS CLUTCH, SS INDUCTIONS BIGMOUTH CAI, 20" FR20 SIMMONS....
Old 08-04-2011, 05:58 PM   #11
Brent
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I must have been totally dysfunctional as a kid. Never had the slightest urge to get into a gang and go thump some poor kid (who's lost half his family) into a pulp. Nor go and stone a swan to death either come to think of it. Never realised how damned insular I was. Seriously, I'm just lost for words as to how this sort of thing happens. I just can't relate to it.

For argument's sake, if the perpetrators ever appeared before a Children's Court judge, how would you (as the Judge) sentence such a thing? No really (leaving aside the hang 'em high bravado), how do you honestly address it? Its go me stuffed. Its the human equivalent of a write-off.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:02 PM   #12
vibe_xr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

edit, god this is discusting
Old 08-04-2011, 06:08 PM   #13
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
I must have been totally dysfunctional as a kid. Never had the slightest urge to get into a gang and go thump some poor kid (who's lost half his family) into a pulp. Nor go and stone a swan to death either come to think of it. Never realised how damned insular I was. Seriously, I'm just lost for words as to how this sort of thing happens. I just can't relate to it.

For argument's sake, if the perpetrators ever appeared before a Children's Court judge, how would you (as the Judge) sentence such a thing? No really (leaving aside the hang 'em high bravado), how do you honestly address it? Its go me stuffed. Its the human equivalent of a write-off.
No idea.

My 'gang' was a bunch of mates that got together and played cricket, soccer or basketball. To get together to seek out someone who's lost their mother and brother to beat them up, then brag about it... just doesn't compute.

Given today's constraints, I don't know how you sentence someone under 18 for that act.. because the sentences handed down are so weak. 20 years ago, police would have caught up to them and given them flogging. No trial, no jury, just justice.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:09 PM   #14
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Should send Casey Heynes their way, see if they'll do the same to him.

This is horrible, yeah what a bunch of heroes, it took 6 of them with weapons to beat some kid who has a little bit of fame (which came among unfortunate circumstances) to his name.

My "gang" we where kicking each others asses..... On Nintendo 64.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:42 PM   #15
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

My thoughts will be removed if i posted on here

SCUM
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 08-04-2011, 06:44 PM   #16
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We bascially had our "gang" (about 8 of us regulars) and then the "extended" gang of about 30 of us which would meet up at parties or clubbing etc....
I can only recall being in a fight once at a party, but usually the worst we ever did was a bit of neighbourhood hijinx..... stealing bins, putting signs in yards, knocking on doors and running... (rebels i know!)

But a lot of time we mostly just played jokes on members of our own group or extended group.

We would sometimes pick on others but this was rare and never got violent or over the top. The best gag we did was to pretend we were gay (all boy college) when a new guy from victoria arrived at school, then ask him if he wanted to join us in the toilets at lunch time!

Even when drunk i dont recall any of us going overboard or nuts.... we never bragged about beating up others.
I do recall fights, but these were usually arranged outside school at a certain time and place and rarely went for long!
Once the fight was over it was done and dusted and no retaliations, life went on. You loose and you moved on, if you won you shut up about it and moved on..... if you bragged about winning eventually people got sick of it and told you off.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 08-04-2011, 06:45 PM   #17
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Six kids...I can understand kids having a barney and having a one on one punch on, but for six kids to beat the crap out of this poor kid, who, by the way has already been through enough...is just beyond words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent

I guess a short answer would be to stop their parents dole payments (ltd's comments are rubbing off on me), nothing seems to affect people more than removing their crutch.

In all seriousness, bring back the ability for the police and teachers to discipline kids if they see this kind of thing happening, remove all these 'you can't touch me' laws that we have in place, and really teach these kids what it was like to grow up when if you lipped off you got a clip over the ear.

Name and shame them, just as they did with that little Ritchard prat, see what their parents have to say for themselves as to why their kid has turned into a thug, and then lock them all up.

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 08-04-2011, 07:57 PM   #18
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

For once, I'm lost for words!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
Old 08-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #19
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was going to say "vigilanty group "(my bad on spelling)(But that would be bad+illegal) Some people REALLY need to be removed from the `gene pool`
No excuses for these little bastards and their parents . ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !
Political correctness has got way out of hand
Hmm rant over.......
Old 08-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #20
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB076
Agreed, until our judical system starts handing out real penalties to these low lifes things will keep getting worse.

I wouldnt be surprised if people start taking the law into their own hands (not suggesting I agree with that) a lot of people are getting fed up with this sort of stupidity)
tuffer penalties would`nt hurt, but i think its after the event....... half the problem is the parents are not disciplined themselves and don`t have a clue how to bring up kids, perhaps part of school curriculum should be some training on parenting.

Last edited by mik; 05-11-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #21
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickxr8
I was going to say "vigilanty group "(my bad on spelling)(But that would be bad+illegal) Some people REALLY need to be removed from the `gene pool`
No excuses for these little bastards and their parents . ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !
Political correctness has got way out of hand
Hmm rant over.......
So is bashing sombody (especially a kid FFS) for absolutly NOTHING.

Like i said in the other thread...sign me up..

Otherwise i totally agree with you.

Subaru Outback '02
Old 08-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #22
Scott

mik - what I see isn't that parents don't know how to bring up kids, it's that they're just too self centred to care.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:33 PM   #23
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
mik - what I see isn't that parents don't know how to bring up kids, it's that they're just too self centred to care.
you may be right , i still think better brought up kids will make better brought up adults and then kids.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:39 PM   #24
StrokedXT
Banned

Maybe they bashed him because he's a ******** and deserved it
Old 08-04-2011, 09:42 PM   #25
zdcol71
zdcol71

Probably not related , but given the topic, I thought I would share this. I have posted before that I am at odds with recent road works outside my place, that has turned a lovely treed round-about into a concrete, traffic lit , 1/4 mile launch pit!
5 minutes ago, another smash out the front...so I'm listening to the discussions as they are "politely" exchanging details in my driveway, next thing...all hell breaks loose, 10 mates round,fist fights, cops, tow trucks carting off 2 x P plated POS (that are probably worth less than it takes to get rid of them), and everyone looking for blood over something that, in my day, would have been "buffed out" over a couple of beers... I have kids myself, and I have defended them, and others, to the hilt, but some of you, (some on here as well as a whole bunch of others who are not), really should start waking up to what is really an issue and what is not!!
We parents have to start talking to our kids to tell them what is right and wrong, (so if this is "talking" to some kid then all well and good), but it's all up to those of us who have them to make sure they are getting the right message from the start.
If you think you may not be getting that message across, there is help out there... If you don't care if the message is getting across, then we will keep churning out this type of heritage.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:44 PM   #26
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrokedXT
Have a little bit of heart - he was set upon by a group of 6...who deserves that? Further to that, if it is just some jealous little fruitbats because he's getting attention, well then they really deserve a public lynching. I think the 10 year old, has been through enough.

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 08-04-2011, 09:49 PM   #27
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrokedXT
Who exactly deserves a bashing??
And who exactly determines that someone actually deserves a bashing??
Old 08-04-2011, 09:49 PM   #28
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"The youth of today are f%&#@d"

No they're not. People have been saying that for thousands of years.
Unfortunately they are human, and it seems that a lot of people tend to be selfish and/or stupid if they can get away with it.
Some people do wrong, and can and should be rehabilitated.
I know plenty of people (myself included) who have done bad things when young and turned out okay.
Unfortunately virtually all people who do the sorts of things in question are psychopaths. What should be done with them ?
Castration / sterilisation is effective in the short term but doesn't stop genetic variability producing more thugs down the track.
My inner fascist wants to enslave kids like this to protect everyone else as I don't believe in capital punishment. Think railway from Gladstone to Port Hedland built by chain gangs. No work, no eat.
My inner 'progressive' thinks that they didn't get enough hugs from a ravenous grizzly bear.
On the goldfields of the 19th century thieves had their ears cut off so that decent people would know what to expect from them.
But I don't want to live in a Saudi-Arabia type culture.
So I really have no idea about what is a suitable response to this sort of thing.
But I do think that the boys' facebook stunt is no different from the act of putting a bit of Barry Hall-type thuggery on tv as a promotion for the AFL.
We as a society have a lot to do in reconciling human behaviour with moral behaviour.
Hitlerian social controls are not the answer, but the present lack of consequences for wickedness certainly isn't deterring the non-psychopath naughty kids from misbehaving at will.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:56 PM   #29
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor
So is bashing sombody (especially a kid FFS) for absolutly NOTHING.
Please expand on this comment ?
Old 08-04-2011, 10:22 PM   #30
Perko
Loving The Blown Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedcoupe
the present lack of consequences for wickedness certainly isn't deterring the non-psychopath naughty kids from misbehaving at will.
This is the problem with society in a nut shell. All kids misbehave..fullstop. The degree to which they misbehave is the question as kids (and adults) will push the boundaries of right and wrong. The issue today is that for wrong the consequences have been watered down by civil libertarians so that they punishment does not fit the crime and in many cases the victim gets off worse then the criminal.

Discipline, common sense, and proper punishment for crime needs to be re-introduced. If you do something that you know is wrong then expect to take the consequences. These little b$#@ards should be caught and punished. I was no angel. So when I got caught the local copper gave me a kick up the **** and then took me home to Dad who then gave me another. I soon learned what was acceptable. I still did stupid stuff but I knew that their were consequences for my actions. Today's society has lost that concept. The quicker it comes back the quicker we will all get along and this sort of c$%p will soon be weeded out.

Previous 2003 BA XR8 Ute Phantom
Ford Forum Build Thread

The Project 1991 EB XR8 Sedan Monza Red
Project Build Thread
Closed Thread