Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-05-2006, 08:52 PM   #1
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking AU2 Dediacated Gas.......

I've found a AU2 (Silver) dedicated gas, awsome condition besides a few scrathes outside & inside there is a couple of little scracthes as well!

It's done 197,000 Kms and im looking at buying it and selling my car as in i wont to have a dedicated gas enigne....It's selling for $8,999- and i reckon i could get them down further! Is there any problems i should no about with the dedicated gas engines or any problems with the AU2 it's a 2001 model!

What doe's everyone think i should pay fot this?

Cheers

Simon :king:

OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 08:55 PM   #2
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

6500 max--

Daniel

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 08:58 PM   #3
OZFORDAU
Banned

Default I doubt it......

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR_AU
6500 max--

Daniel
I don't see my self getting it for that much!
Old 23-05-2006, 09:07 PM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Dedicated gas vehicles are worth more and retain their value over the petrol models.
197,000km is young for these engines.

I guess look for the same issues as all other normal AUs.

My AUII ute has done 170,000km now and it is an 01 model as well.

Things to look for are:
faulty fuel gauge
power steering leak
clunking noise from steering rack
alternator issues due to leaking power steer.
oil pressure switch leakage.
sump gasket leakage.
Make sure it starts well first time (there are a few things that can be checked/cleaned/replaced to help this though.

See how old the plugs and leads are if you can.

Take it for a drive as well and make sure it runs nice and clean .. it will be sluggish compared to the petrol models .. but that is to be expected.

AUII comes with better brakes than AUI .... but make sure they are in good condition as well.

Anyone else got other things to check on these??? Tibbo might have a few more to add.

I reckon with a bit of talking down you could get them to sell for $8,000 .. a fraction more or a fraction less ... it depends on the quaity of the vehicle.

Interior scratching can be fixed at a later date with replacement parts ... exterior stuff can be fixed with a respray

But for running cost wise .... it's cheap transport in comfort and an upgrade for you as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 09:09 PM   #5
ZH_302
DJR 17

Neither do I, but 9k is too much. Paid $10600 for an 02 AUIII with 710000klms on it 2 weeks ago. Full service history yada yada. It's not on gas but still, it should give you a rough guide.

You might get them down to 7500 but I reckon you should find one with less k's and spend 9-10
ZH_302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 09:14 PM   #6
I6corp
Was V6corp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZH_302
Neither do I, but 9k is too much. Paid $10600 for an 02 AUIII with 710000klms on it 2 weeks ago. Full service history yada yada. It's not on gas but still, it should give you a rough guide.

You might get them down to 7500 but I reckon you should find one with less k's and spend 9-10

Was it a TAXI?
Planned Engine Mods: ; Extractors; Tickford CAI; Twin Mufflers; Shift Kit; Hi-Stall; Cam; ECU Flash
Bling Mods: Tinted Windows; JVC CD/DVD HU
Planned Bling Mods: TS50 Front; High Series bonnet; Rebel Skirts and Rear Bar; SL Springs; Clear Side Indicators; Rear Spolier; Mags
I6corp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 09:17 PM   #7
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

8kish would be max for 197,000
FUEL GAUGE!
i've replaced 5....and will be having another soon.
if it's been maintained and serviced regulary, you won't have a problem.
like mechanik said, fuel gauge, power steering, sump, starting, oil pressure switch.
check, boot strut mounts for rust.
door hinges for rust, make sure all the door/boot seals are in good nick.
Power windows? if so make sure they work well.
make sure you get a mechanical check, and you'll be fine for the rest.
Orbit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 09:18 PM   #8
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Good Stuff OZFord Au- Sounds like an Ok price to me E-gas hold value well

I paid 12k for my 01 Au with 72k on the clock 4 weeks ago- If you got it for 8k or even 8.2k, i reckon your doing ok, aslong as its in decent shape.

As for problems listen to Mechan1k, but ive done 5,000 klms in mine and ive got no problems yet.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 09:31 PM   #9
ZH_302
DJR 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by I6corp
Was it a TAXI?
hehe, got carried away with the 000000's
Old 23-05-2006, 09:35 PM   #10
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking

Quote:

Yes but, like everyone else has said it's gas and therefore it makes the car more expensive!

Has ur car done 710,000???????????????????? LOL.....I think u mean 71,000kms

Cheers

Simon
Old 23-05-2006, 09:37 PM   #11
OZFORDAU
Banned

Default Racv Test!

I'll just get a RACV test done on the car! Or is there another test that is out there that i should get done?

Cheers

Simon
Old 23-05-2006, 09:40 PM   #12
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Isn't yours running very well Simon? Wouldn't you be throwing in a lot of money?

Just a few questions. What's your rationale for getting rid of the old beast?

GK

BTW, the car you're looking at getting has almost done 40,000 kays per year!

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 10:18 PM   #13
ZH_302
DJR 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZFORDAU
Yes but, like everyone else has said it's gas and therefore it makes the car more expensive!

Cheers

Simon
errr, yeah I even said that in my post. 9k is still too much. I have seen AUII's on DG advertised for 9-10 with 100000 on 'em.
Old 23-05-2006, 10:23 PM   #14
OZFORDAU
Banned

Default Find me one.......

Quote:
errr, yeah I even said that in my post. 9k is still too much. I have seen AUII's on DG advertised for 9-10 with 100000 on 'em.
Fine me one as i can't find any!

Cheers

Simon
Old 23-05-2006, 10:58 PM   #15
I6corp
Was V6corp

Quote:
hehe, got carried away with the 000000's

haha i thought so ;) py:
Planned Engine Mods: ; Extractors; Tickford CAI; Twin Mufflers; Shift Kit; Hi-Stall; Cam; ECU Flash
Planned Bling Mods: TS50 Front; High Series bonnet; Rebel Skirts and Rear Bar; SL Springs; Clear Side Indicators; Rear Spolier; Mags
Old 23-05-2006, 11:12 PM   #16
ZH_302
DJR 17

Quote:
Fine me one as i can't find any!

Cheers

Simon
Do I get a commission?? :
The ones I have seen are in Perth. In the quokka and Sunday times

Be patient and the right one will come along, offer them what YOU think it's worth (be reasonable) and dont be tempted to go any higher. Leave them your number and most people will call you back within a week to take your offer.
It's a buyers market with large cars ATM, even gas ones I reckon.
Old 24-05-2006, 12:39 PM   #17
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

Realisticaly, is it worth getting dedicated Gas??? i mean price wise you guys say that they cost more to begine with, which is true. And with them you maintain boot space, much better engine wear cause of always having a much cleaner fuel running through them, blah blah blah. or would it just be better to gas your current car??? For example my bro is looking at getting a BA (Upgrading from his EL), and has looked at standard XT's or dedicated gas. The dedicated gas ones are a fair bit dearer to begin with, so would it be worth the extra cash for one of them, or to simply buy an XT and gas it?? i know you loose boot space and it adds more weight, but what are the real advantages of dedicated gas over a normal after market Gas conversion????

I know for you OZFORDAU it is an upgrade from series 1 to series 2 but normally, would it be worth it or not?
TS50 Front Bar with Fog lights, TS50 Rear Bar. Injected LPG System,
autickfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2006, 01:28 PM   #18
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking I'll keep my car!

My car is already on dual fuel! Im prob just going to keep my car now, and get the gas tuned and fixed up! And then i'll spend some money on moding it then keep it for a while and sell it and then buy another car later on!

Cheers

Simon :monkes:

PS: I was just sick of the gas problems im having and i saw this newer car and i thought gezz it's cheap and it's on dediacated gas and it's a series 2 futura! Where could i go wrong?????? It would be a diffrent story if i was looking to buy car but i've got my car now so i'll just get the gas sorted out and see what happens!
Old 24-05-2006, 07:06 PM   #19
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
My car is already on dual fuel! Im prob just going to keep my car now, and get the gas tuned and fixed up! And then i'll spend some money on moding it then keep it for a while and sell it and then buy another car later on!

Cheers

Simon :monkes:

PS: I was just sick of the gas problems im having and i saw this newer car and i thought gezz it's cheap and it's on dediacated gas and it's a series 2 futura! Where could i go wrong?????? It would be a diffrent story if i was looking to buy car but i've got my car now so i'll just get the gas sorted out and see what happens!
Smart choice. For the $3k changeover it would cost you, you could install sequnetial gas injection on yours instead, and still be in front (cos you wouldn't need to pay for a gas tank etc, just the injection bit and the computer.).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2006, 07:24 PM   #20
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exactly... Because you have to go ahead, and do all the registration, insurance, tax, etc.

Keep your car, your practically there from making it a real head turner. Just keep your eye open for bargains, etc. And you can probably make your car better than a AUIII XR6.

If I were you:
- Full S-Pack/Classic Interior
- Momo Gear Knob & Steering Wheel
- CF Center Pod
- High Series Cluster/Dash

Your interior's set.

Exterior:
- C2R or Havoc Grill
- Lowerage

Then performance is up to you.

After all that, which would probably cost $1.5k - 2k. You'll be satisified with your car for an easy 5 years. In that 5 years, imagine the money you'll save. And then the car you can get after that.

Just my 2c, lol.
Old 24-05-2006, 08:03 PM   #21
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Well Spoken!

very very well spoken LG!

Thank you for the comments!

Quote:
Keep your car, your practically there from making it a real head turner. Just keep your eye open for bargains, etc. And you can probably make your car better than a AUIII XR6.
I like that one!

What's a CF Center Pod?

And what's in the Full S-Pack/Classic Interior?

Cheers

Simon
Old 24-05-2006, 08:27 PM   #22
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Smart choice. For the $3k changeover it would cost you, you could install sequnetial gas injection on yours instead, and still be in front (cos you wouldn't need to pay for a gas tank etc, just the injection bit and the computer.).
Definitely have to agree with JC on this one ... if you can afford the sequential gas install ... do it ... it will work out cheaper than $3000 to do it as you already have the tank and a lot of the lines there as well.

It will run the same as petrol ... and very similar economy too ... and no need for worrying abot dual tunes ... as both are looked after by seperate computers.

Keep the AUI ... and update the gas system ... it will also have more power than a factory dedicated system as well.
Old 24-05-2006, 08:37 PM   #23
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The AU1 Classic & S-Pack, came out with full Warm Charcoal Interior. The seats were more sporty & blue-black. The Dash was black, the center console was black. The door trims were also black.

These are the seats:

I reckon you can have one of these interiors for $5-600.

Then the CF Center Pod Piece - see attachment. Otherwise get a Futura Center Pod piece.

They just suit the black dash more than the light grey look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dashafter.jpg (21.6 KB, 49 views)
Old 24-05-2006, 08:49 PM   #24
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What i'm trying to say, is that the AU1 wasn't a bad car. You don't need to spend much money to make them stand out really good. Hamo's car is an easy example.

As for the performance issues. Do a few things, and get the gas updated. You'll be laughing.
Old 24-05-2006, 08:53 PM   #25
OZFORDAU
Banned

Default Hmm....

My Interior is in perfect condition, nouthing wroung with it! It still looks brand new! The seats just need a steam clean n thats it!

Cheers

Simon
Old 24-05-2006, 09:04 PM   #26
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

XLS ute has the same front interior as the S-Pack models as well.

There's a few bling bits you can add here and there that will make it stand out and look much better than the grey bits and pieces.

LG: Is there a part number for the CF centre pod????
Old 24-05-2006, 09:07 PM   #27
I6corp
Was V6corp

Quote:
My Interior is in perfect condition, nouthing wroung with it! It still looks brand new! The seats just need a steam clean n thats it!

Cheers

Simon
Same with mine, tho oneday its going to have the full leather treatment ;) :thebirds:
Old 24-05-2006, 09:33 PM   #28
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
LG: Is there a part number for the CF centre pod????
There is no part #. It's aftermarket.

You can get them for AU1, and ones for AU2-3.

Picture:

Cost:
~$350

Not worth it for the AUII-III, because I reckon the Onyx Pearl looks sweet enough.

If I did still have my Auto, I'd buy there CF Auto Surround. It replaces the black piece around the chrome housing (~$100). You might need to get the other CF pieces, to not make it look out of place though.
Old 25-05-2006, 12:48 AM   #29
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Keep your AU simon, not worth the extra for an AU2.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 12:54 AM   #30
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Yup!

Yup im keeping her alright! I just washed it and omg it came out looking brand new!!!!! I also did the interior and it looks the goodz for sure! It bloody blew off n backfired AGAIN today! I've goota get that gas sorted out ASAP!

Cheers

Simon :

PS: Smoked were on the same about of posts! Hahaha! out: