Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-06-2010, 03:07 PM   #1
Squiggle
Starter Motor

Default Au Xr6 Problem!!!

Guys i've got an AU2 XR6. Trying to find the problem with it. It stuters like it has a cam, stepper motor opens to try keep it running almost dies and then picks up again and runs fine. Does it everytime on start up whether it is cold or warm.
Runs fine with coolant temp sensor disconnected... Brand new plugs, leads, coil, coolant temp sensor, O2 sensor, fuel pump, filter, injectors. Anyone heard of this problem? Also if you put the boot in around a corner the car goes to idle then picks up again when it wants to...
The only thing else i can think of is a fuel pressure regulator?!

Thoughts and opinions welcome...
Cheers

Old 16-06-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

when you mention the cornering, it sounds like fuel tank is surging.

have you had it on diagnostics? any fault codes?

tried cleaning the AFM ? (at least thats free)

seems youve covered the usual suspects. ECU could be playing up. tried doing a reset/relearn on it?
AUIIPURSUIT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2010, 09:08 PM   #3
XR6_4EVA
Hardcore I6 Enthusiast

Try cornering and booting it with a full tank of fuel, apparently its something to do with the fuel pump position? ive heard of people have the pump rotated and it fixes the problem. When i try to get some dry road side ways action mine always cuts out anywhere under full/almost full tank.

Im guessing when you throw the fuel in the tank to the side the pump doesnt pick up anything. Which explains why mine doesnt do it on a full tank, and i mean FULL full...

Full Momo and Leather Trim.
Redback exhaust, high flow cat and Pacey Extractors.

SELLING MY GENUINE 18" AZZUROS WITH TYRES.
FRONT TYRES 95%
REAR TYRES 50%
XR6_4EVA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 08:18 AM   #4
JK EX CHASER
Formally kotevski22

Remove vacuum from the fuel regulator and see if any fuel inside the pipe of the vacuum pipe.Check base idle,worm engine disconnect idle motor check idle, and re set computer. good luck.
JK EX CHASER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 02:49 PM   #5
Squiggle
Starter Motor

OK disconnecting a stepper motor kills the engine... Already know that. Putting a fuel pump on its side there is no way that would work... When you think logically about that the pickup is at the base of the pump. Rotating it 90 degrees will cause no pickup from half tank and below, aswell as it wont fit into fuel pump holster... Already checked vacuum line for leak down of fuel, no luck with that. Supposably there is a little filter inside the fuel pressure reg that cannot be changed and strarves the line of fuel.
Old 17-06-2010, 05:16 PM   #6
JK EX CHASER
Formally kotevski22

If the motor stalls when the stepper motor is disconnected the base idle is not set,start engine there is a screw at the throttle body you set base idle at 650 rpm with idle motor disconnected engine at operating temperature turn car off and restart should be all good.
JK EX CHASER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post