Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-04-2009, 01:52 AM   #1
FLYXR8

Default question bout AU

hi all!!!
my partner is looking at buying an AU XR6 and wants to know afew things! what would average price be for a standed one? and how different are they from a standard AU? she likes the xr6 but hates the round headlights, so is there much difference between the standed au and the xr6 apart from the obvious?? and how hard would it be to change the lights, would u need to change the actual lights or just the bumper?

thanks in advance

FLYXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2009, 02:54 AM   #2
Phyber
BF= Backend's Farked

Set the record straight, those round lights look awesome. I drive a BF turbo but love staring at XR6/8 AU's. Mean look to them from the front, especially in black or red!

Shame, shame, shame...

Good luck finding a nice AU for her!

-------------------------------------------
BFII XR6T - ZF box
Racewars 2017 result - 800m @ 229km/h - 1000m @ 241km/h
PB: 317rwkw - 11.94 @ 120mph - 2.093 60'
PB: Stock/208rwkw - 13.594 @ 105mph - 2.297 60'
-------------------------------------------
Phyber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2009, 08:24 AM   #3
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wow its weird to find someone who likes the base model over the xr.
differences, less power in the non xr6's
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2009, 09:07 AM   #4
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

plus softer and taller suspension

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #5
big-e
In the jungle

Lights will also need to be changed.
XRs have the round lights, standard have ..... ummm that other shape.

Have you thought about a TE50? a few going around and they don't have the round lights. Get yourself a series 1, or even try for the better interior of a series 2.
But wait, they are V8. Sorry to put bad ideas in your head. :
---->T2 TS50 (#42) Venom<---- T2 TS50 factory manual :
big-e is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2009, 09:23 AM   #6
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza
hi all!!!
my partner is looking at buying an AU XR6 and wants to know afew things! what would average price be for a standed one? and how different are they from a standard AU? she likes the xr6 but hates the round headlights, so is there much difference between the standed au and the xr6 apart from the obvious?? and how hard would it be to change the lights, would u need to change the actual lights or just the bumper?

thanks in advance
i'd gladly swap my fairmont lights and front bar for your xr6 lights and bar :

both need to be changed, and most probably the bonnet too, unless you find an AU 1 forte front bar and grill
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2009, 01:39 PM   #7
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
i'd gladly swap my fairmont lights and front bar for your xr6 lights and bar :

both need to be changed, and most probably the bonnet too, unless you find an AU 1 forte front bar and grill
Bugger - you beat me to it! Maybe I'm closer to christie downs (or was that a reference to his g/f, lol?).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2009, 03:15 PM   #8
dreadly
Banned

Thats just cray talk! The au xr series is one of the best lookers ford have released.... No offence tell her just to get a base model and do it up for how she'd like it to look, get her a fairmont series..... Please leave the tickfords for people who appreciates them ;), wants an xr6 but doesnt want the round head lights? lol Thats what and xr is... and why i wouldnt get a ba-fg lol, all xr's should have round head lights.
The only one i want without round head lights, is a T3 so i can drive to parking lots, secluded spots- and give it a good stroking lol
dreadly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2009, 07:53 PM   #9
FLYXR8

thank you all for your replys

i have tried telling her to just get a AU with a kit on it
the xr6 she likes is bout $6000 but from wat i have seen AU with a kit on it is bout $10,000 for 1 but im not buying her a car for that much lol just have to take her out and look at some different cars and see
FLYXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2009, 08:49 PM   #10
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Tell her to buy a AU Fairmont Ghia. They have the VCT I6 which is good for 168kw/374Nm when in that car.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post