Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-11-2011, 10:48 PM   #1051
thedutchman92

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Anabolic steroids are one of the single worst things you can do for your manlyhood . They cut off natural testosterone production and shrink the testes, severe overuse can even kill a testicle (as is the little known fact about Arnie). Eat a high testosterone diet and work bloody hard, there is no substitute.
thedutchman92 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2011, 11:51 PM   #1052
sexyxe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting. I just read an article in MD about testicle size - changes, during use of performance enhancing drugs PED. Several people on PEDs noticed no change in size, where as a general rule people did. What occurs is the over all mass of the teste shrinks, so some peoples testicles remain the same density ie shrink, where as others become less dense ie stay the same size.

But, on a different note, im super keen for training the next few weeks! Keep dieting and looking good till new years, then up my carbs and gain a few kg and hopefully rebound positively off my diet and see some good strength gains!
sexyxe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2011, 12:23 AM   #1053
thedutchman92

I think when you come full circle training actually becomes as addictive as eating. I'm so full of energy I feel like I have squandered big time if I take a day off
Old 28-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #1054
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedutchman92
Anabolic steroids are one of the single worst things you can do for your manlyhood . They cut off natural testosterone production and shrink the testes, severe overuse can even kill a testicle (as is the little known fact about Arnie). Eat a high testosterone diet and work bloody hard, there is no substitute.
That's possibly true mate, but lets not get confused with the average user and Arnie, or any serious competing body builder...

Natural testosterone will commence again if given the chance to do so. If you abuse the roids, then your natural test may never start to come back.

People have very negative views on roids due to the athletes like Arnie. There are plenty of people out there who do it much more cautiously, and respect the need for going off it.

I train naturally, they're just something about being able to say that my strength and size is all natural!
jimmyxr6t04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #1055
thedutchman92

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyxr6t04
That's possibly true mate, but lets not get confused with the average user and Arnie, or any serious competing body builder...

Natural testosterone will commence again if given the chance to do so. If you abuse the roids, then your natural test may never start to come back.

People have very negative views on roids due to the athletes like Arnie. There are plenty of people out there who do it much more cautiously, and respect the need for going off it.

I train naturally, they're just something about being able to say that my strength and size is all natural!
Amen to that!
Old 28-11-2011, 11:52 PM   #1056
sexyxe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A lot of interesting information is out there to be read. T-nation has a section devoted to PED and BB both natural and enhanced. Its good to get both perspectives - current users, past, interested members and natural.

I am a long way away from reaching my peak. Keep hitting PRs. No wonder why I'm enjoying it so much lately
Old 29-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #1057
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i used a tribulus (pink magic) and it definitely increased testosterone in the body. I was waking up all hours of the night toey-er than a roman sandle and ready to **** anything that moved lol. Slight noticeable difference in the gym was a little more energy and vascularity in the arms, shoulders and top of the chest. I went through 2 bottles.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2011, 10:55 AM   #1058
thedutchman92

Is that stuff natural? Also everything I read says there is no evidence it works, so confusing
Old 29-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #1059
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it is meant to be natural. It is meant to be a plant extract which tricks the body into producing more testosterone. I only trialed it myself because i was curious. Regarding being toey as hell, the affects were noticeable within a fortnight. The extra boost in energy and vascularity was not a huge boost and was only noticeable at the end of the first bottle and going into the second. Probably better used when trimming down. I used it summer this year.

Current
Previous

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Old 29-11-2011, 04:34 PM   #1060
sexyxe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Power eating by Susan Kleiner puts a lot of those supplements to the test - theoretically and the research and studies dont show much support for them. Its all marketing hype and mainly placebo.
Old 29-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #1061
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyxe
Power eating by Susan Kleiner puts a lot of those supplements to the test - theoretically and the research and studies dont show much support for them. Its all marketing hype and mainly placebo.
I get that, thats why i tried it. I contacted Massive Joes, and they told me some of the benefits that they found (what i found also). Massive Joes are bodybuilders who provide theyre own reviews on the products they sell, however, not being one to be sucked in by marketing, i tried it out of cusriosity and went in open minded. As i mentioned already, benefits were not huge, but noticeable... and waking up to crank it 2 to 3 times after midnight mustve meant something... and i hadnt eaten an oyster in months

Current
Previous

Old 29-11-2011, 09:15 PM   #1062
sexyxe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lol! Nice. Must have been doing something then!
Old 29-11-2011, 09:18 PM   #1063
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys
and waking up to crank it 2 to 3 times after midnight mustve meant something... and i hadnt eaten an oyster in months

Hahahahaha
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2011, 09:24 PM   #1064
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I started using D-Aspartic Acid and creatine in early november. Since then, my brother has been questioning what i'm on... I can't say that it's been working as a test booster, but i have noticed a few more pimples then i would usually get. My brother certainly thinks it's working for me, as he says i'm putting on size relatively quickly... I usually put it on quick though, so i can't be certain that it's from the supps.

My dumbbell presses have increased from 44kg to 50kg (10reps). I can't attribute that solely to the supplements, as i'm sure i prob had it in me anyway, but hadn't tried it..

Either way, it's an interesting supp, and i'll probably keep using it and see how things go...
Old 29-11-2011, 10:50 PM   #1065
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

10x50kg dumbell press isnt bad.

D-asparatic acid looks alright. Have seen it but not bothered to look at it. I need help to trim up though. I have increased weight it most exercises, but struggling to lose that little bit of side fat. Unfortunately though, i know it comes down to cardio... ugh!

Current
Previous

Old 29-11-2011, 11:03 PM   #1066
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i used a tribulus (pink magic) and it definitely increased testosterone in the body. I was waking up all hours of the night toey-er than a roman sandle and ready to **** anything that moved lol. Slight noticeable difference in the gym was a little more energy and vascularity in the arms, shoulders and top of the chest. I went through 2 bottles.

Same i find pink magic works really well , Good hit of caffeine and some tribulus and hit the gym . Works really well
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2011, 11:42 PM   #1067
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
10x50kg dumbell press isnt bad.

D-asparatic acid looks alright. Have seen it but not bothered to look at it. I need help to trim up though. I have increased weight it most exercises, but struggling to lose that little bit of side fat. Unfortunately though, i know it comes down to cardio... ugh!
Yeah, i should be lifting more, i'm doing a good 4 sets with 10 to 8 reps each set. The dumbbells in my gym only go up to 50kgs though. Unfortunately i usually train by myself so dumbbells are easier to use.

I lost 20kgs by just riding an hour on the exercise or push bike. Whilst it's cardio, i found it suited me better because it wasn't such high intensity. I aimed to cover 20-25km in an hour. I did that a few times per week.

I'll aim to keep putting on size and then i'll look at shredding more fat after the new year.

If you're thinking of buying some DAA, have a look at bulkpowders. Next day delivery, and very good prices. 150g of DAA was about $22+$12 for shipping, but if you buy other stuff at the same time it's worth it.
Old 30-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #1068
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyxr6t04
Yeah, i should be lifting more, i'm doing a good 4 sets with 10 to 8 reps each set. The dumbbells in my gym only go up to 50kgs though. Unfortunately i usually train by myself so dumbbells are easier to use.

I lost 20kgs by just riding an hour on the exercise or push bike. Whilst it's cardio, i found it suited me better because it wasn't such high intensity. I aimed to cover 20-25km in an hour. I did that a few times per week.

I'll aim to keep putting on size and then i'll look at shredding more fat after the new year.

If you're thinking of buying some DAA, have a look at bulkpowders. Next day delivery, and very good prices. 150g of DAA was about $22+$12 for shipping, but if you buy other stuff at the same time it's worth it.
Ive used the 50kg dumbells only a couple of times. Using only quality protein, mesomorph and trying to eat a bit i have increased my incline smith machine bench to 110kg's, but struggling
lol, yeah, im not that keen on riding that much. Walking in the AM + a little cardio after weights will do me.
Which brand DAA are you buying? Thats cheap.

Current
Previous

Old 01-12-2011, 08:06 AM   #1069
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ive used the 50kg dumbells only a couple of times. Using only quality protein, mesomorph and trying to eat a bit i have increased my incline smith machine bench to 110kg's, but struggling
lol, yeah, im not that keen on riding that much. Walking in the AM + a little cardio after weights will do me.
Which brand DAA are you buying? Thats cheap.
Just using the bulk powders DAA. Has a slight lime taste, but a terrible sandy texture... not too bad if you drink it really fast!! I think 500g is about $70 or you can get a kg for $120 or something like that... Pretty good value!
Old 02-12-2011, 04:57 PM   #1070
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
I get that, thats why i tried it. I contacted Massive Joes, and they told me some of the benefits that they found (what i found also). Massive Joes are bodybuilders who provide theyre own reviews on the products they sell, however, not being one to be sucked in by marketing, i tried it out of cusriosity and went in open minded. As i mentioned already, benefits were not huge, but noticeable... and waking up to crank it 2 to 3 times after midnight mustve meant something... and i hadnt eaten an oyster in months
I was stacking pink magic with prime for a full course...Aside from my veins popping out a bit more at the gym...no noticible difference. But I've heard it works for some, others it doesn't.

I've put on a couple of kg in the last few weeks just from eating a little bit extra and doing the 5x5 program...Finding that a lot of my shirts are getting tight around the chest/under my arms.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 01:23 AM   #1071
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH
For now i'm going to take it day to day since I have exams at the end of the month. Will try at least go for a bike ride most afternoons if I get home from university early enough.

Will get more serious midway through next month after exams are out of the way for a while.
Well, I kept going for a while then lapsed.

As of this friday I will (hopefully) have absolutely no excuses left to use!

Will have three weeks off until I start work assuming I pass all my exams.

Game On!

Will just need to keep myself away from MW3 & Forza 4.....

Current:
2012 Ford Focus Sport - Petrol/Manual/Black
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2011, 11:07 AM   #1072
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH
Will just need to keep myself away from MW3
lol. When this came out i found it hard, but doing some summer subjects atm, and beginning to find it boring... they need an update for CTF hardcore.

Current
Previous

Old 09-12-2011, 03:00 PM   #1073
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Let me share my recent fatness story.

well i'm 5ft11 (180cm) and usually around 85KG with a large frame, broad shoulders etc. After working for a really crap company with too much pressure, and taking a course of meds i went up to 100.7KG. Pretty bad, but to be honest with my large frame it didn't look anywhere near that bad. Most people were shocked when i told them including my parents. To be honest it was mainly from too much home style cooking. In the last 4 weeks i've completely eliminated:

1) Pasta
2) Potato
3) sweets/cake/chocolate/buscuits of any kind
4) all snacks between meals
5) coffee/tea
6) alcohol (was minimal anyway)
7) all takeaway except healthy options from time to time
8) soft drink

I have been walking up to 2KM of hilly streets every single morning for the 6 weeks, before eating anything to burn fat stores. I have two meals per day, a very modest breakfast consisting of the same thing every day, wholemeal bread and tuna spread, mmm delightful! not. It's about 6g of fat. For dinner i'll have lean meats and salad, or veg. Chicken mostly, fried with no oil, basic seasoning with fresh lettuce, tomato, and usually some type of bean, butter bean or canilini just to give the meal a bit of staying power so i don't get hungry. I have avocado sometimes as well which has fat but a good kind. Other days it could be enchilada type wraps with healthy components. Low fat plain yoghurt is used to substitute sour cream.

I love curry so we're going to try making a low fat version with coconut flavoured milk instead of the shockingly fatty normal coconut cream. Could work.

All i drink is water too, no soft drink, milk, or anything like that.

Dessert is always low fat fruit yoghurt. 2g-ish of fat.

My target fat intake per day in order to lose weight according to the experts is 55-58g. I try to keep it at 30 or less.

So far in the 4 weeks i'm down to 91KG which is pretty good going.

Boy could i go a big plate of lasagne though?

Last edited by Professor Farnsworth; 15-12-2011 at 01:58 PM. Reason: spelling
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2011, 03:08 PM   #1074
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Damn i wish i could eat as clean as you!

Good going thats for sure, any further fitness/workout additions planned or just wanting to lose some KG's?
Old 09-12-2011, 03:13 PM   #1075
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
Boy could i go a big plate of lasagne though?
Wholemeal pasta is good, i actually like the taste of it, but not many do. Wholemeal isnt as heavy, and obviously breaks down easier. Switch mince to kangaroo or turkey. You can still have your lasagane, just not the normal heavy greasey one.

Carb up in the day before 1pm and protein down in the arvo.

To lose weight isnt about cutting out carbs, but switching to simple carbs rather than complex, and increasing you metabolism. Decereasing your meal size by quater/half and increase numbers of meals, based on healthier options, to 5/6 (inc. fruit meals) meals will increase your metabolism.

good luck and well done on your current efforts.

Current
Previous

Old 09-12-2011, 03:13 PM   #1076
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Damn i wish i could eat as clean as you!

Good going thats for sure, any further fitness/workout additions planned or just wanting to lose some KG's?
thanks mate

i'd like to get a bit more upper body strength going on, but for now i'm just aiming to drop down to 83KG-ish. Might do something about it then.

it's just like quitting smoking was, only worse
Old 09-12-2011, 03:16 PM   #1077
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
thanks mate

i'd like to get a bit more upper body strength going on, but for now i'm just aiming to drop down to 83KG-ish. Might do something about it then.

it's just like quitting smoking was, only worse
best time is now. You'll burn fat and turn some into muscle. Body weight exercises right now would be good. Will help increase your metabolism also.

Current
Previous

Old 09-12-2011, 03:16 PM   #1078
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Wholemeal pasta is good, i actually like the taste of it, but not many do. Wholemeal isnt as heavy, and obviously breaks down easier. Switch mince to kangaroo or turkey. You can still have your lasagane, just not the normal heavy greasey one.

Carb up in the day before 1pm and protein down in the arvo.

To lose weight isnt about cutting out carbs, but switching to simple carbs rather than complex, and increasing you metabolism. Decereasing your meal size by quater/half and increase numbers of meals, based on healthier options, will increase your metabolism.

good luck and well done on your current efforts.
thanks for that

i've been kick starting the metabolism with the morning walks. Keeps me energised during the day while my resting heart rate has dropped later in the evening. I have tried the multiple small meals to use my body as a fat burner, but it didn't seem to do anything for me. I've never really eaten more than 2 meals a day, never seemed normal for me for some reason.

I've tried wholemeal pasta but it's just not my cup of tea. I'd rather get to my goal then reward myself occasionally with a bad one lol
Old 09-12-2011, 03:24 PM   #1079
TZENU
XY Driv3r

If you can stomach it, throw some green tea in the mix too... A cup a day if you can!
Old 09-12-2011, 03:25 PM   #1080
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Wholemeal pasta.. not my favorite thats for sure!