Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-09-2020, 10:19 PM   #31
SumoDog68
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Stop-Start - is it worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
My 2009 Smart Fortwo MHD has a starter generator, it looks like a alternator and spins the drive belt to start the car, the car does not even have a starter motor

Its quite a odd feeling when the start stop is working, you can feel the motor turn over silent with no stater noise, then it fires up

When I had it on the hoist the last time I had a good look around and it actually has a place for the starter to go cast into the engine and its machined to accept a starter, but it just has a thin tin block off plate covering the opening.

I think all the different manufacturers have their own way of starting with the start stop set up, be it starter motor, generator, fuel and spark or a combination of two for the most efficient and quick start it requires.

I have the small circuit board fitted now so it does not come on unless I press the button for it to be on, the way it should come from the factory I think.
Starter motor and alternator (generator) are combined in one unit - so technically it still has a starter motor . Engine is conventional Mitsubishi 3cyl that has starter motor deleted .
SumoDog68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post