Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 24-11-2011, 12:44 AM   #1
Loco
Starter Motor

Default 2006 LS ac outer clutch plate has gone missing need help

Hi ya all, Am hoping for some help here, problem is the air cond on my LS Focus stopped working and I sort of just assumed after checking fuses that it might be low on gas and triggering the low pressure switch, so took it for a regas I was told by auto electrician I needed a new compressor as the plate was missing! and that would cost $1450 all up.Stunned and bewildered I said no as I could not afford it and was charged $65! for their brilliant diagnosis and now have discovered since they have not replaced 2 gas line valve caps as well. OK so enough with the rant, the thing is all really need to fix this myself is just the (outer clutch plate only + some shims+ a bolt and some locktite) maybe I should ask ford for the amount they forgot to use ,ranting again sorry.So now the thing is can someone I.D. this compressor so I might possibly buy clutch kit and or know where I could just get the outer plate as that is all I really need ,Thanks for listening,Regards

Loco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2011, 01:28 AM   #2
Loco
Starter Motor

Default Re: 2006 LS ac outer clutch plate has gone missing need help

Hi, just to let you know decided to ring a few wreckers,got 3 prices for a complete compressor $175,$250+$100 guess which one I chose.Removed the bits I needed and fitted to car, so all is good now , working fine and I'm happy .Total cost $100+12 for the loctite is a big difference to $1450 auto electrician quoted but in fairness to them must point out that whole clutch assembly new from ford costs around $450 alone (can not buy just outer plate) wouldn't you know! so adding labour cost for them to remove compressor from car , fit and replace to that probably cheaper for them to just fit a new complete unit, re-gas and be able to provide warranty knowing all good. I also went back and got those valve caps back .Cheers
Loco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post