Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-07-2014, 11:39 PM   #2731
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 
Default Re: who amongst us have gone solar

Check .. http://diamondenergy.com.au/solar-credits/
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-07-2014, 12:02 AM   #2732
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

Thank you very much ebxr, will check it out in the morning.
gossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2014, 01:52 PM   #2733
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

I thought some in here may be interested in this story in our local informational report:

First solar modules installed at Nyngan.

A major milestone has been achieved with the installation of the first solar photovoltaic (PV) modules at AGL’s 102 MW Nyngan Solar Plant in western New South Wales (NSW).

AGL representatives together with Government, local council, project partner representatives and local workers gathered on the 250 hectare site to install the first solar PV modules.

When completed, the Nyngan Solar Plant will be Australia’s largest utility-scale solar plant with approximately 1.35 million advanced thin-film solar PV modules installed. If placed end-to-end, the modules would measure more than 1,600 kilometres, or the equivalent distance of Nyngan to Uluru as the crow flies.

AGL General Manager Power Development, Scott Thomas said AGL is very pleased with the progress of the project and achieving such an important milestone on schedule.

“Once operational, the Nyngan Solar Plant will produce enough renewable electricity annually to supply more than 33,000 homes,” said Scott.

The Nyngan Solar Plant is expected to be completed by June 2015. The Broken Hill Solar Plant began construction earlier this month, with an estimated completion date of November 2015.

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2014, 02:10 PM   #2734
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Had the 5kw system now for 21 months and withdrew out first credit the last quarter which was showing about $1600. Took $1500 out of the account and wondered if I should have left a bit more for this quarter. Bill arrived this week now showing $500cr. Extremely happy with the decision to jump on board.
Currently the Inverter shows 7000hrs with 13200kwh generated at $6600 before any usage. The meter is showing 7600kwh from the grid and 9500kwh exported.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-08-2014, 02:15 PM   #2735
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidpunx View Post
Had the 5kw system now for 21 months and withdrew out first credit the last quarter which was showing about $1600. Took $1500 out of the account and wondered if I should have left a bit more for this quarter. Bill arrived this week now showing $500cr. Extremely happy with the decision to jump on board.
Currently the Inverter shows 7000hrs with 13200kwh generated at $6600 before any usage. The meter is showing 7600kwh from the grid and 9500kwh exported.
48c FIT?
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2014, 02:15 PM   #2736
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
I thought some in here may be interested in this story in our local informational report:

First solar modules installed at Nyngan.

A major milestone has been achieved with the installation of the first solar photovoltaic (PV) modules at AGL’s 102 MW Nyngan Solar Plant in western New South Wales (NSW).

AGL representatives together with Government, local council, project partner representatives and local workers gathered on the 250 hectare site to install the first solar PV modules.

When completed, the Nyngan Solar Plant will be Australia’s largest utility-scale solar plant with approximately 1.35 million advanced thin-film solar PV modules installed. If placed end-to-end, the modules would measure more than 1,600 kilometres, or the equivalent distance of Nyngan to Uluru as the crow flies.

AGL General Manager Power Development, Scott Thomas said AGL is very pleased with the progress of the project and achieving such an important milestone on schedule.

“Once operational, the Nyngan Solar Plant will produce enough renewable electricity annually to supply more than 33,000 homes,” said Scott.

The Nyngan Solar Plant is expected to be completed by June 2015. The Broken Hill Solar Plant began construction earlier this month, with an estimated completion date of November 2015.

Craig H

south australia is on target to become 100% "green" by 2024 apparently, despite our fools in government doing all they can to stop the construction.

we are falling behind the rest of the worlds thinking, well with our fools in powers thinking, while everybody else is going renewable we will still be digging up and burning coal if Abbott gets his way.

Hopefully Port Augusta gets the solar go ahead shortly and that filthy power station can go the way of it's twin.

Gossy also have a look here

http://www.solarchoice.net.au/blog/w...eed-in-tariff/

there are a lot of energy comparison sites, just poke in Feed in Tariff comparisons or similar to your search engine, a heap will come up.

also talk to your retailer about Feed In Tariff's and ask that they compare, sometimes you get a better deal again.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!

Last edited by poppa smurf; 08-08-2014 at 02:39 PM.
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2014, 03:14 PM   #2737
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260 View Post
48c FIT?
44c FIT and 6c top up from retailer.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2014, 08:24 PM   #2738
Sam_Boss260

Question for anyone with an SMA inverter.... What have you used for downloading to your phone, ipad, PC? What app?
Old 29-08-2014, 06:40 PM   #2739
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Not really anything to do with solar, but I just got two text messages from my gas/electricity supplier (AGL) announcing that with the removal of the carbon tax that they estimate "average" domestic electricity costs will be reduced by 8.2%, and natural gas will be reduced by 3.2% in QLD.

I won't hold my breath, probably cold comfort - nice thought though!

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2014, 07:24 PM   #2740
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes origin is supposed to be dropping our gas price by 4.5% .......so much for the "cost of carbon" being the reason for massive increases.

be interesting to see what happens when they drop the RET.......another "supposed" price hiker.

never mind, just pulled out of the coldest, darkest winter I can remember with huge usage of our reverse cycle air-con and still came out $300 on top of our previous credit.

soon be able to pull another grand from the thieving mongrels.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 30-08-2014, 10:23 AM   #2741
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

agl only giving 5.2% in sa WTF??????
Old 09-09-2014, 11:56 AM   #2742
Sam_Boss260

Question for those who have a 5kw system, what sort of output are you getting per day?

In your response, provide the number of panels, aspect of panels, eg north facing.

I'm interested in seeing how I am comparing to the rest of the country....
Old 09-09-2014, 12:06 PM   #2743
fnm17

I think I posted this up in a previous post, but now with the sun starting to be up more with the summer period looming, I am getting back up to near 30kw a day, with my 5kw system, with I think 20 panels, North/west facing panels.
fnm17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2014, 12:47 PM   #2744
Sam_Boss260

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnm17 View Post
I think I posted this up in a previous post, but now with the sun starting to be up more with the summer period looming, I am getting back up to near 30kw a day, with my 5kw system, with I think 20 panels, North/west facing panels.
30kw a day. That is impressive. Where abouts are you?

On a fairly clear day, all day, I got 25kw. That was about 2 weeks ago, so the days were a little short still. Panels facing due North.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:03 PM   #2745
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Hey Sam, I've got a 5kw (20x250w) system here in Brisbane
about 27kw on a cloudless winter/spring day. Facing almost due north, no trees in the way.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:25 PM   #2746
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

I've only got 12x190w panels facing NNW hooked up to a 2kW inverter averaging 10kW/day over winter in Brisbane.

Doing the math on Mr Hardware's system I'm not too far behind on his averages - pretty happy with that!

Cheers!

Old 09-09-2014, 02:46 PM   #2747
Sam_Boss260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware View Post
Hey Sam, I've got a 5kw (20x250w) system here in Brisbane
about 27kw on a cloudless winter/spring day. Facing almost due north, no trees in the way.
That is pretty good!! Mine is facing north, no trees from the north, only some trees from the west and so far the max has been 25.36kw. That was the week before last when we had no clouds anywhere all day. I guess that is the best I can do.

Note that the angle of my roof is 36 degrees, so fairly steep. Not sure if that makes a difference
Old 09-09-2014, 02:51 PM   #2748
Legit290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just paid the deposit on a 6.5 system.
I hope i have done the right thing. Wife thinks the panels are going to look ugly!
No uglier than the freaking bill!
Legit290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 09-09-2014, 03:33 PM   #2749
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legit290 View Post
just paid the deposit on a 6.5 system.
I hope i have done the right thing. Wife thinks the panels are going to look ugly!
No uglier than the freaking bill!
I was worried about my panels looking ugly(north is the front of my house), so I went with LG all black panels..IMO they look better than the standard panels.

Also, I've got a 3.5kW system and on a good day here in Perth I produce 21kWh.

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan

Last edited by Cashie; 09-09-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Cashie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-09-2014, 04:16 PM   #2750
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

4.8Kw system.
20 panels facing due north.
1.855Kw per hour since February.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2014, 04:21 PM   #2751
Mr Hardware

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260 View Post
That is pretty good!! Mine is facing north, no trees from the north, only some trees from the west and so far the max has been 25.36kw. That was the week before last when we had no clouds anywhere all day. I guess that is the best I can do.

Note that the angle of my roof is 36 degrees, so fairly steep. Not sure if that makes a difference
Where in Bris are you? Are you sure it's proper north? In Brisbane many streets are on a slight angle, so when people say their block faces north, it doesn't, its actually slightly north north east, i know mine is. Not that matters hugely.

also 36deg is pretty steep, they say about 26-27 degrees is ideal for Brisbane.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:44 PM   #2752
Sam_Boss260

I'm at Indooropiily. Maybe its not exact north. Will have to check that. But of all my roof aspects, that was the best one.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:19 PM   #2753
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashie View Post
I was worried about my panels looking ugly(north is the front of my house), so I went with LG all black panels..IMO they look better than the standard panels.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - when I look at a house and think it's nice, the very last thing I would consider about a house is colour of the roof or what's on it mate. How often do you look at the roof of a house? Think about it.

If it's got solar panels that makes it all the more attractive to me!

Cheers!

2 users like this post:
Old 09-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #2754
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashie View Post

Stick em on your shed then, if possible.........we did. Had to get rid of a few trees around the shed thou...............
Old 09-09-2014, 09:42 PM   #2755
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Makes me wonder why they haven't changed the regulations to force all new houses being built to have AT LEAST a 3KW solar system, sure it adds extra cost but so does everything else anyway.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-09-2014, 01:29 PM   #2756
Mr Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
Makes me wonder why they haven't changed the regulations to force all new houses being built to have AT LEAST a 3KW solar system, sure it adds extra cost but so does everything else anyway.
Quite simply, because solar is becoming a pest for the power companies. Over voltage issues in the middle of sunny days, and then BOOM everyone starts pulling stacks from the generators at tea time when the sun's gone down.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:53 PM   #2757
zeuss000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yea my heart bleeds for the poor bast***s
zeuss000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-09-2014, 03:28 PM   #2758
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuss000 View Post
Yea my heart bleeds for the poor bast***s
^^^ especially now I'm not working for them..^^^
Keep in mind it's the state gov ripping too ..
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2014, 03:33 PM   #2759
fnm17

Sam I am in Gladstone, so a little bit more North and probably a fraction more sun per day, also I have no shade impacting on my panels during the day.
fnm17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2014, 07:44 PM   #2760
CJR09
RPO 77

Wonder if this will catch on?!?

LINK

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

CJR09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post