Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #211
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That car gives me enough wood to build a boat.
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2011, 08:17 PM   #212
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

About 5 years ago I worked in a car yard and one day I took a phone call from a man who asked if we bought cars to restore.I was about to say no but decided to ask him what it was anyway.
He told me it was a 2 door Falcon and that he bought it new.He said that his wife ran off with the car a few years prior and that it had just turned up and he didn't want it back.The wife left the car in an old brick factory that had been converted into a car park right in the middle of the Melbourne CBD and it sat there for about 3 years.He told me where it was and I went and had a look,not really sure what I would find.
What I found was an XB Falcon 500 GS coupe in Yellow Blaze with black trim and a factory sunroof.It was a 302 auto and it was sitting in a dingy corner of this car park covered in dust.It was locked but looked complete,but was a bit banged up.
I rang the owner and asked him how much he wanted for it and he told me $1000.Needless to say I couldn't get to an ATM quickly enough.
I have pics "as found" but they are actual photographs and I have no idea how I would put them up.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:34 PM   #213
stang777

Just recently i was driving past a place that i know had a fairlane im not very got with models of fairlanes but its the xy shape any way it look to be his daily driver when i first say it about 5 years ago but when i went past it was sitting in the back corner of his paddock. Think ill be asking him about it coz it looks to be in great condition
stang777 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2011, 09:38 PM   #214
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morexbs
About 5 years ago I worked in a car yard and one day I took a phone call from a man who asked if we bought cars to restore.I was about to say no but decided to ask him what it was anyway.
He told me it was a 2 door Falcon and that he bought it new.He said that his wife ran off with the car a few years prior and that it had just turned up and he didn't want it back.The wife left the car in an old brick factory that had been converted into a car park right in the middle of the Melbourne CBD and it sat there for about 3 years.He told me where it was and I went and had a look,not really sure what I would find.
What I found was an XB Falcon 500 GS coupe in Yellow Blaze with black trim and a factory sunroof.It was a 302 auto and it was sitting in a dingy corner of this car park covered in dust.It was locked but looked complete,but was a bit banged up.
I rang the owner and asked him how much he wanted for it and he told me $1000.Needless to say I couldn't get to an ATM quickly enough.
I have pics "as found" but they are actual photographs and I have no idea how I would put them up.
Open up a www.photobucket.com.au account and upload them, would love to see the pic's.
galaxy xr8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2011, 10:52 PM   #215
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Open up a www.photobucket.com.au account and upload them, would love to see the pic's.
he will need a scanner first...
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2011, 11:17 PM   #216
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang777
Just recently i was driving past a place that i know had a fairlane im not very got with models of fairlanes but its the xy shape any way it look to be his daily driver when i first say it about 5 years ago but when i went past it was sitting in the back corner of his paddock. Think ill be asking him about it coz it looks to be in great condition
If it's an XY shape it could be from a ZA to ZD. Do you remember if it had vertical or horizontal headlights?
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 12:57 AM   #217
mrghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

here's my find

Factory 351 4 spd and lsd diff 2 owner car and got if for next to nothing.
mrghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 09:13 AM   #218
dogfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
Must be a recent one. I wouldve spotted something like that by now
I actually Have seen the said car as well but it was moved over a year ago now as I always have a look when heading that way On left from Brissie to Toowoomba you used to see the nose poking out of the shed in winter as the weeds would die off that covered the shed.

THE TOY:2003 CV8R Monaro 6Spd Manual.
dogfish is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 09:14 AM   #219
dogfish

I'm onto a factory K code XY Falcon 500 apparently it's just a roller we have to negotiate a price this may take time but it's not going anywhere soon.

THE TOY:2003 CV8R Monaro 6Spd Manual.
dogfish is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #220
stang777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser '81
If it's an XY shape it could be from a ZA to ZD. Do you remember if it had vertical or horizontal headlights?
They look similar to the xw/y shape
stang777 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #221
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Man, how do you guys find this stuff? I must just have the worst luck.
SSD-85 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #222
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPXR6T
Hmmm, does this count.
Just looked back over this thread and found the above post from 2007. Seems I'm growing my own barn find. It's still sitting in the same spot on my parents property although the shed floor is now concrete. Its a manual rust free 05/74 car that was originally tropic gold complete with original books that hasn't seen the road in 15 years. Honestly in my hands it'll probably be another 10 years before it sees the road again.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 01:01 PM   #223
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPXR6T
Just looked back over this thread and found the above post from 2007. Seems I'm growing my own barn find. It's still sitting in the same spot on my parents property although the shed floor is now concrete. Its a manual rust free 05/74 car that was originally tropic gold complete with original books that hasn't seen the road in 15 years. Honestly in my hands it'll probably be another 10 years before it sees the road again.
Whatever & however long it takes, but at least you have one.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 04:00 PM   #224
ZDI-970
Formerly D3v[]

and at least its in a shed on concrete floor
ZDI-970 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #225
schultzie
Just Images

this is my barn find, well i have known of it my whole life, 68 ZA fairlane v8 auto 100% original down to the hub caps and is 99.9% straight and rust free,

I was my grandmothers car, she called me and said ive finally sold the house so come and get the car... needless to say i was on the road the following weekend to go get it.

Ive now got it hidden in a factory down here in Melbourne till we build our house.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #226
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hows this for a barn find? This 1911 Oldsmobile sold for US$1.65 million.

http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/article...rshey_Auction/

The car has been half restored with a new set of tyres and this is what it looks like now...

http://blogs.canoe.ca/time_machines/...e-originality/
Old 06-02-2011, 04:45 PM   #227
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by schultzie
this is my barn find, well i have known of it my whole life, 68 ZA fairlane v8 auto 100% original down to the hub caps and is 99.9% straight and rust free,

I was my grandmothers car, she called me and said ive finally sold the house so come and get the car... needless to say i was on the road the following weekend to go get it.

Ive now got it hidden in a factory down here in Melbourne till we build our house.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3598/img08173507907.jpg

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1500/img08203569651.jpg
That's a great Fairlane. I'd love to end up claiming an old Falcon or Fairlane that's in relatively good condition like that.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #228
schultzie
Just Images

It hadn't been driven for 15years at a minimum and with some air in the tires and a bit of fresh fuel it started reasonably easily, I can't actually stress just how good of condition it is in, mind you the stitching in the interior has shown its age now,

A good wash and polish would make it look a million bucks again
Old 06-02-2011, 04:59 PM   #229
xccoupe351sa

hello everyone.fatxagt thread on page 2 thread no45 of the red xc gs 302 coupe,happy to say saved and under resto as we speak go to project cars thread check for car resto at projects mark2 by coupes and more.fatxagt sold car to a friend of a friend of a friend,who was going to restore it.restoration never got started,i bought it in 2007 resto almost finished will put finished photos up soon.my plan is to use the coupe with another xc coupe i own for weddings and cruisers. cheers george
xccoupe351sa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #230
te250

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogfish
I actually Have seen the said car as well but it was moved over a year ago now as I always have a look when heading that way On left from Brissie to Toowoomba you used to see the nose poking out of the shed in winter as the weeds would die off that covered the shed.
yeah that would be it
te250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2011, 10:03 PM   #231
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford Rebel
Oh and Laser '81, fantastic find! hope you end up with it. But I must warn you, that spider ain't dead... He's only out grown his exoskeleton and shed it near the bonnet lever... He's still in that sweet TC Cortina, but now he's BIGGER!
LOL, that may have scared me a little.. but that only made me more determined to have a look inside. I had another look at it today and discovered that the front passenger door was unlocked.

That goes to show how long it's been there.

This is another reason why I've been thinking the owner probably won't want it. There's a note that says "AAC Wreckers"

I'm sure that giant spider is still in there somewhere, or at least some kind of nasty surprise just waiting to be unearthed...
Old 08-02-2011, 02:36 AM   #232
FERG_51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by schultzie

Nice car mate, but i think its a ZB. It has ZB badges.
FERG_51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #233
big_landau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i think some people get confused with a barn find and a gararge find.here is a few barn finds i have bought,not fords but real barn finds none the less.
$300 for this

$500 for this

trim cleaned up good

Attached Images
File Type: jpg barn find 1.jpg (49.2 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg barn find 2.jpg (40.0 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg barn find 3.jpg (48.0 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg barn find 4.JPG (53.3 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg barn find 5.JPG (55.8 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg barn find 6.jpg (58.1 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg barn find 7.jpg (53.0 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg barn find 8.jpg (54.7 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg barn find 9.jpg (53.4 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg barn find 10.jpg (22.3 KB, 85 views)
big_landau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 02:08 PM   #234
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

big_landau ... Bravo...

Barn find = Perfect Examples...
Old 08-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #235
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

I knew that Val was a very low km example just from teh condition of the 245 sticker on teh air cleaner snorkel

Great finds the both of them. Yes, even the Series 3 RX7

Any chance of pics of them both cleaned up?
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #236
stevz
Banned

Wow that Valiant looks brand new inside!
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 02:22 PM   #237
nstg8a

id love one of those 7's, awesome wee cars.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 03:21 PM   #238
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does anyone know about this collection shown on Channel 31? Fords, Holdens, Chryslers, everything!

Yes it was staged, but all those cars do belong to someone somewhere in Queensland.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Y1Xq19h7I
Old 08-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #239
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Jeff Bloom

Aussie Muscle Car Museum

he is behind a lot of the repro panels and parts being manufactured
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 03:35 PM   #240
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Jeff Bloom

Aussie Muscle Car Museum

he is behind a lot of the repro panels and parts being manufactured
So that's who it was. I wasn't sure on what the story was or who owns it.