Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-12-2007, 06:10 PM   #211
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hrmm the boost graph is a little disheartening.. but good results tho....
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2007, 06:13 PM   #212
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nothing a pulley change wont fix tho.. right
Old 08-12-2007, 06:16 PM   #213
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are there any picks of it installed?
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2007, 06:17 PM   #214
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah theres pics. head over to www.raptorsc.com.au then click on gallery at the top and theres some in there on the bottom right
Old 08-12-2007, 06:31 PM   #215
StevenAu2
Irregular Member

Ok ive just read through 9 pages of comments lol.
Just wanted to say good job Death351 for keeping us all informed and its great to see another Go Fast option for currently N/A 4.0 Litre guys.
StevenAu2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2007, 06:34 PM   #216
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackers10
nothing a pulley change wont fix tho.. right
i was more refering to the rpm/boost ratio....
assuming i am reading the graph correctly... 3250rpm and 2.5psi? and doesn't hit 5psi till 5000rpm?
Old 08-12-2007, 07:21 PM   #217
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackers10
yeah theres pics. head over to www.raptorsc.com.au then click on gallery at the top and theres some in there on the bottom right
If you want more than the 5 pix in the gallery, he's just sent me 15... check them out:

The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2007, 07:40 PM   #218
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eu-GenixX
i was more refering to the rpm/boost ratio....
assuming i am reading the graph correctly... 3250rpm and 2.5psi? and doesn't hit 5psi till 5000rpm?
The y-axis legend is misleading. The lines are actually 2,4,6,8 and 10psi, 5psi is unmarked and falls between the lines you can see. So at 3520 (not 3250 unfortunately) boost is a smidgin over 3psi, and it reaches 5psi at about 4500.

Thing is, in the midrange where the old longstroke donk is most efficient, it doesn't take a lot of boost to muscle up the torque curve, that's why the outputs are still encouraging.

I'd still like to see a chart for a manual car though starting at about 2000rpm. I wonder how it would compare with this Landcruiser? At 2000rpm with just 1psi of boost it's making almost 40% more power than stock...

More detail at http://www.turbofast.com.au/supercharger.html
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?

Last edited by sly; 08-12-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:47 PM   #219
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenAu2
Ok ive just read through 9 pages of comments lol.
Just wanted to say good job Death351 for keeping us all informed and its great to see another Go Fast option for currently N/A 4.0 Litre guys.
I was lining up one these kits when I still had the XR. I've kept in touch with Tim even after selling it, since the intrest was fairly high in the kit.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2007, 07:50 PM   #220
sly
Sly like a G6

...and a couple of us who were sceptical at first have come around...

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 08-12-2007, 09:12 PM   #221
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm still sceptical, I doubt this unit would last long if the boost was cranked up. Given the size of the unit, I'd be suprised if it lasted long between rebuilds on 9psi
Old 08-12-2007, 09:53 PM   #222
JoesAu

oh yeah there sweet pics, one hell of an ugly Au thou, Tim said they can make pulleys to suit each application to raise booost, im still awaiting a email on the price and stuff. i would think a new pulley is required get it going,
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2007, 10:38 PM   #223
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i believe it was mentioned earlier possibly in this thread that the charger will only take about 11psi before it reaches it's limits...

certainly a cheap and effective way of increasing power tho... with the pure ease of bolting on and away you go.... no turbo setup will be this easy

i think i'd like to drive one or even see a vid before i decided to spend the cash tho....
Old 08-12-2007, 10:48 PM   #224
StevenAu2
Irregular Member

What was the unit above this one in the kit? I think its a pretty good value kit and like others have said a relatively easy upgrade.
Especially for just an every day driver.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:51 PM   #225
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

would also like to see a vid of the kit on a falcon

but then look at the commodore item..
cant be too bad
theres a few vids on youtube of it
stock VZ .. fryed its tyres pretty easily
Old 08-12-2007, 11:03 PM   #226
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
i believe it was mentioned earlier possibly in this thread that the charger will only take about 11psi before it reaches it's limits...

certainly a cheap and effective way of increasing power tho... with the pure ease of bolting on and away you go.... no turbo setup will be this easy

i think i'd like to drive one or even see a vid before i decided to spend the cash tho....
The spec says it will go to 14psi but is only warranted to 10.

He is a site sponsor on http://www.brisbanecommodore.com/ as he has been doing Commodore kits for a while. Not sure how far from Brissie he is, is Mt Pleasant near Mackay? You should be able to find a Commy owner nearby with one to take you for a spin.

Had another email from Tim couple of hours ago, he's looking to buy a non-VCT AU ute ASAP to get the non-VCT kit tuned & ready to go.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 08-12-2007, 11:07 PM   #227
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenAu2
What was the unit above this one in the kit? I think its a pretty good value kit and like others have said a relatively easy upgrade.
Especially for just an every day driver.
There is a Raptor R in development, due out Feb '08, with a spec of 17psi (I think that may be the warranty limit), also the Raptor V hybrid is supposedly due out this month, with a 17psi limit.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 09-12-2007, 09:59 AM   #228
StevenAu2
Irregular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly
There is a Raptor R in development, due out Feb '08, with a spec of 17psi (I think that may be the warranty limit), also the Raptor V hybrid is supposedly due out this month, with a 17psi limit.
Good 1,thanks for the info,would love a kit like the 1 thats available only with abit extra maybe up my sleeve.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:14 AM   #229
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Quote:

Please mate, either ring Tim directly or read the thread thoroughly. 11psi is the warranted limit. The head unit can go to 14psi.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:26 PM   #230
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well you will still only want to run it to 11 if they aren't going to warrant it.. and 11 psi on a standard motor is more then enuf.....
Old 09-12-2007, 07:22 PM   #231
StevenAu2
Irregular Member

Just a quick observation,the top radiator hose appears to go pretty close to the s/c bracket.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:39 PM   #232
347 mont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The psi on forced induction is really only a measure of an engines restrictiveness, ie eg ;
two I6 falcons with with the same pulley ratios wil have different boost if one of them has a free flowing exhaust and the other had a stock exhaust set up, the one with stock set up will be showing more psi, this would include factors like head work type of manifold etc.My point well, I'm not sure???? 11 PSI with mods will see good power, or if you want more then use a different head unit, Vortec, Paxton.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:06 PM   #233
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly
I talked to Tim last month, he said the hybrid will be a tad more expensive, due to the new impeller design etc.. He estimated around $5600 for the kit.

Hybrid will offer more low end response than the standard raptor V, but it could be 4-6 months away

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2007, 02:34 PM   #234
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death351
I don't know when your 'other day was', but I an got email directly from them saying the dyno tuning was done, and what the output was.

Ask any of the other aftermarket makers of kits - like Chris and his Bluepower kit for the Boss motors - these things take time to do properly.

Ballpark prices have been quoted already.
The email I got was on the 14/11/07, yes things have changed since then. They posted dyno results, stock 127rwkw, supercharged 197rwkw.

You find me someone that has a stock AU falcon pushing out 127rwkw and i'll show you a dodgy dyno graph. So that obviously puts 197rwkw in doubt.

Sure there have been indicitative prices posted in this thread but the price for the complete kit with tuning started out at $3500 and it now up to $5000.

As for these things take time apparently 4 1/2 months ago everything was complete except for tuning, I know these things take time but Maztech can build a new national dyno record holding RX3 from scratch in 8 weeks.
As posted these guys have done heaps of cars here and in the US and there is no reason why tuning should take more than 4 months.

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2007, 02:50 PM   #235
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Mine was 123rwkW stock.

That aside, it's not the 127rwKW nor the 197rwkW that matters - it's the 70rwkW increase relative to the baseline figure.

$3500 did not include the flash tuner in the price, nor the injectors that were added to the kit. As has been said already that you've conveniently ignored, the kit is actually quoted on application so anyone with a flash tuner wouldn't pay for one again.

Enjoy your RX3, Raptor do other kits for other vehicles and no one knows what kind of staffing the company has or how they manage resources and for you to make a comparison like that is rather juvenile - since a one off 8 week job differs greatly for a engineered kit to suit a general application.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:58 PM   #236
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dyno's aren't out by KW's, if they are out it is by a percent. So if the 127 and 197 are wrong, so is the 70rwkw gain
Old 10-12-2007, 03:08 PM   #237
stiddy
Banned

Sprjenkins, mine was 136.7rwkw and backed up a year later with 137.2rwkw (only cat back exhaust.)
Who cares that Maztech can pull out a record car in 8 weeks, they are spending all there time focused on that one car to make it the best they can. 1 car, 1 set up, 1 record. Fair enough.
The boys doing these Raptor kits are building them for many different cars not just the AU6. If they put every other R&D car aside and just solidly worked on an AU6, like Maztech did with the RX3, Im sure they can have a kit on the market in 2 months aswell.
Death is right though, its the gain that you should be more interested in.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2007, 04:12 PM   #238
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

But it's not about KW's gained, if the dyno is out by a margin of 13% then the gain would only be 60.9rwkw's. But either way, no matter how much the dyno is out by, it is still a 55% gain over stock power, and for $5k thats not a bad improvement.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:34 PM   #239
xr8ute
Back on the road

Are you guys serious? 127rwkw doesnt sound at all like a high reading for an AU XR6 VCT with extractors and aftermarket exhaust.

The results are pretty much what you would expect for a blower of that size (like a powerdyne BD11a), although it would be really good to know what the impeller speed of the blower is so that we know just how close to capacity it is running. Not much point changing pulley size if the blower is already at or near its peak impeller speed at engine redline.

Intake temps would be nice to know as well.

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2007, 05:10 PM   #240
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ute
it would be really good to know what the impeller speed of the blower is so that we know just how close to capacity it is running. Not much point changing pulley size if the blower is already at or near its peak impeller speed at engine redline.
Peak impellor speed is 57,000rpm, peak input shaft speed 19,000rpm. That and other info can be found at http://www.928m.com/parts/raptorsuperchargers.php. Surprising that there is more info there than on the manufacturer's site.

Sleeper, anyone?