Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #2221
Andys_GTP

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi all Newby on here, love the Fords but havn't owned one for abot 8 years...That is until yesterday when i traded my 4WD Hilux on a black 05 GTP & all i can say is i absolutely love it .
Looking forward to learning heaps off of all the enthusiasts on here
Cheers And
Andys_GTP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #2222
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Welcome to the forum everyone.

A GTP hey! You will soon be the envy of all your friends. Hope you have years of enjoyment from it.

Cheers
Col
Old 23-07-2012, 11:46 PM   #2223
laineylane
Starter Motor

Default Re: 1991 Ford Fairmont EB

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows anyone that would be interested in buying a 1991 Ford Fairmont EB, Its a V8 5 litre on gas, black in colour

laineylane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2012, 09:49 AM   #2224
rug24
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi all,

Im a newbie to the site. Nothing like a Ford GT!
Family have owned Fairlanes, LTDs, Brother owns a AU Fairmont. Father owns a Ford F250, Cousins own XR6/8s (AU,BA,BF,FG)
Huge fan of the EL Fairmont Ghia and BA GT/FG GTs.
Just wanted to say hi. Also major fan of the Au Tickford models.

Cheers
rug24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #2225
GTphase111
Starter Motor

G'day to all, I'm chasing some Falcon parts for a mate so thought best to join a forum that other like minded folk participate.

Have owned many Fords over the years and just to name a few - 64 1/2 Mustang, GTPhase111 (wish I still had HER) & XA GT Coupe .. currently driving a Falcon and have a project on the go - XL Falcon Windowless Panel Van.

Lotsa people on the net call me GT and have done for years but family call me Al.
GTphase111 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #2226
Wazza_p
Starter Motor

Talking Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi everyone,
Wazza here and it's great to join in the fun with all the ford fanatics. I have a AU Classic series 1 which I've had from new and has 209,000 km to date and still goes great. This weekend just gone though I busted the bobtail spoiler and have not been able to source a new one. would be great if someone has an idea of where I might get one. Look forward to chatting further.
Wazza_p is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #2227
Swaners
Starter Motor

Exclamation Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Gidday all,

I too am a newbie.
I'm having a few issues with a 2003 Ford Falcon BA XR8 sedan I purchased, and was hoping that someone maybe able to steer me in the right direction.

Great to see theres other Ford fans out there!

Andrew S
Swaners is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #2228
E.T.

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Good evening,

I'd been wandering round the internet looking for learnings for a new vehicle of mine and stumbled here. Well run, lots of info, so joined up I did.

I just picked up first running Ford; a 1976 F100, 2WD, Auto. I also have a '32 chassis which is a project slowly in the making.

I've been a Chrysler Valiant enthusiast for around 12 years now, involved in clubs and shows etc.

The F100 has been on my 'I'd like one of those one day' lists and put little thought into it until recently, stumbled across a great deal and it's now in my possession.

All I need now is a RWC and I can relax.

Forgive me in advance for asking silly questions; particularly regarding the I-Beam suspension it has. I can pull a Valiant apart with my eyes closed and I've found even with something as 'simple' as the F100 I've gone 'christ, I need a bloody wiring diagram!'.

Cheers!

-Ev
E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #2229
Julesk_1972

Hi all.
Looking around at the XR6 Turbo's.
Might lash out one day.
Julesk_1972 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #2230
matt bugzy
Starter Motor

Talking

hey guys new to the site, would enjoy some feedback on my ute 2003 ba (non turbo), brought around a year ago and have done minor adjustments, such as 2.5'' exhaust and growler air intake. sure theres more to be done to it, but stuck between good brand and small prices, any help would be appreciated.. link to photo ; https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
matt bugzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2012, 12:01 AM   #2231
TurboMatt

Hi all, new and old.

I can finally say that I own a nice ride again!!
Picked up my 2004 BA XR6 Turbo today.
Only has 67k on the clock so is in pretty good condition.

Just need to de-bling it now, as it has too much chrome.
Will also be changing the 20" wheels to 18".

Will post picks in the near future.

Anyway... glad to be on board now to obtain great info and provide info to others.

Cheers
TurboMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #2232
Xp Rob
Starter Motor

Hi Guys and Girls,

New to the forum, and owning a classic, so better introduce myself and my new project.

I'm Rob from the sunny coast of QLD and a car tragic since just after birth. The old girl is my new project - a '65 XP wagon, 200CU six, auto. After years of looking and dreaming, I've finally got myself a classic.

She's good from afar but far from good - some body rust, bodgy repairs and questionable mod choices, but she runs well, drives pretty good (apart from the brakes...geez, scary), and (most of all) was affordable and cool.

Been looking at the site for a while and found it informative and inspiring. Look forward to getting to know you guys and sharing the fun of owning a classic ford.

Cheers, Rob.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1371.jpg (75.0 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1377.jpg (69.7 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1389.jpg (84.1 KB, 61 views)
Xp Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #2233
hipcat7173
Starter Motor

Gday all,

new member, been lurking for a bit trying to see if anyone else has had the same isseu as me with my EL. Anyway, I;'m a Falcon convert from way back, started with a 90 EA, now got a 98 EL & a 96 EF that i picked up for nothing, eyeing off the mags & a few other bits for the EL.... it's starting to look like the castle here in my backyard..

anyway, it's cold down here in south west vic, hoping to learn a few things & maybe even contributing some info down the track.

cheers,

tim.
hipcat7173 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #2234
Sparky99
Starter Motor

Hi all, thought I would join in and get advice and give advice. Been playing with Fords for 20yrs. Currently have an XP sedan - been sitting in garage for 15yrs. About to bring her back to life.

Cheers
Sparky99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #2235
perrin
Starter Motor

HI im new
perrin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #2236
Moko
Starter Motor

Mauri ora, kia ora or in yaw lingo Gday mate, howaryall nice ta meetya meetya...niiice
65 Z Car Mk III
70 Z Car Mk IV
80 Cortina Ghia
84 Faimont Ghia

Today
03 XR6

Just to mention a few
Moko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #2237
matt bugzy
Starter Motor

hey man would u be able to send a pic on the 20"s looking to upgrade from the stocks
matt bugzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2012, 10:23 AM   #2238
eddytorrezz
Starter Motor

Gday newbie here just saying hi.
joined as i just brought 08 FG Egas ute.
thought it would be good to come here to find out about performance ugrades and tech issues when needed.
cheers
eddytorrezz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #2239
hellrc5

hi, I am a proud owner of a Falcon for roughly half a year now. I have been around for a while to gather some useful information to install a VDO Dayton PC5200 sat nav to my AU2 sedan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0388_W_small.jpg (143.8 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0390_small.jpg (143.8 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0391_small.jpg (144.2 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by hellrc5; 27-07-2012 at 11:34 AM.
hellrc5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #2240
a2007k
Starter Motor

Unhappy Re:XR8 drama

Hi all, would be great if someone could help out or point us in the right direction. I'll give the brief step by step to where I'm at:
Motor is a boss 260 (2005) started running rough & got to the point that it would not run. took it to a local midas store as there appeard to be muffler insulation comeing from exhaust system, thinking that there may be a blockage, after a week they tell me the left back is stuffed with little compression. Searched around and purchased (not cheaply)from a Well known Sydney recycler a boss290 that came with harness & ECU. Fitted the engine went to fire up and security codes etc don't add up. Took it to local ford dealer to sort out and they tell me the ECU is needs an ID tag to reprogram it. Used to old 260 ECU to start it but it ran exactly as the old 260. At this point the engine seller & I can't find an ECU for a 290 anywhere. It's been 6 weeks since motor was fitted.
Help..................
a2007k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2012, 12:29 AM   #2241
Carillo73
Starter Motor

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and thought I'd say G'day. Owned too many Fords over the years to mention, but currently have 3x XB ( one of which is a GT), an XC, an XT ute- a resto project beyond resto- and a V6 Capri.

Also have the dubious honor of owning a Leyland Marina as my first ever car (given to me by mum!).

In all honesty they're really not as bad as their reputation, they are actually much, much worse- that's not a joke, either.

Anyway, looking forward to getting involved and contributing to the forum.

Carillo73
Carillo73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #2242
GaryJFord
Starter Motor

Default ;o)

webgreetings.

Thanks to my birth certificate, I can honestly say that I have been a Ford man since 1961 and, as you would expect, I have owned many Fords in the 51 years since, the one pictured below is probably the most memorable of them all.

a 1984 XE S Pack wagon, 4 speed, alas, now in the crusher.

At the moment, I am driving a 2002 AU Falcom Futura Series III with L.P.G.

And, thanks to the cost effectiveness of L.PG, 'the silver bullet' is the perfect car for me at the moment as I am busily engaged in promoting and distributing a childrens story I wrote....

till next

peace

GjF

The first part of the first story- Little Cars go to Rainbow Town.

There is a family of little cars that live at the end of a gravel road deep in the forest and high in the hills above Rainbow Town and this is one of their stories.

There was a red one named little red

There was a blue one named little blue

There was a green one named little green

There was a pink one named little pink

and the little orange one?

his name was pobb

That's Pea Oh with a Double Bee. Everyone called him pobb because that was the sound he made when he zoomed along the road.

pobb-pobb-pobb-pobb-pobb-pobb

p
o
b
b

pobb

anyway, one day all the little cars was driving down the gravel road together and they came to a fork in the road.

Yes, an actual fork, stuck in the road.

and there was a horse standing in the field near the fork in the road and all the little cars pulled up in a neat little line, next to the horse, that was near the fork, that was in the road.

little blue asked the horse which was the way to the ice cream shop.

little green asked the horse which was the way to the library.

little red wanted to know who left their fork stuck in the road.

little yellow, who I hadn't mentioned till now because he's been hiding behind little purple, wanted to know the way to the flower shop.

little purple didn't ask the horse anything because her horn wasn't working properly.

little pink blinked his blinkers.

blink, blink, blink.

The horse listened to all of the questions from all of the little cars.

But, because he was a horse, he didn't answer them. Horses can only talk to each other, not to cars or people.

So all the little cars drove past the fork that was in the road.

Except for pobb that is.

pobb stayed behind and tried to talk to the horse.

pobb kept trying to talk to the horse, but after a very short while, the horse walked away because when a car talks to a horse, all the horse hears is beep beep beep.

This story goes on for a very long time and we haven't even got to the part with the helicopter yet and before I can even begin to talk about the helicopter, I have to ask you my child, what is the name of the little orange car.....

If you don’t say pobb.

I will know that you are asleep and I can save the next bits of the story for later........
GaryJFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #2243
kus
Starter Motor

g'day joined to get some info 4a mate(no computer)hope someone can help.he's going to check out 62 thunderbird our mate is selling just need info what to look for, rust spots, any common problems will log on to the forums and see how i go thank's marKUS
kus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #2244
98XH
Starter Motor

Default Re: XE x interceptor for sale??

Hi everyone, just saying g'day here
I own a 98 XH xr 8 maybe post a pic when I figure out this website a bit more.
I was wondering does anyone have or know of where I could find an XE intercepotor 1982 351 4v heads. I use to own one and would love to find another one if there was one for sale
98XH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #2245
Rusty 60
GT

Default RE . Key pads

Hi everyone,
Just joined Ford Forums. I purchased a FPV GT 335 KW FORD a few weeks ago, very nice car goes real well. I just have a little issue with the remote control key pads. One of the key pads locks and unlocks with no noise as intended to do, the other one does the same but makes a high Beep noise , once for unlock twice for lock. Can anyone help me out on the second key pad how to make the high pitch beep go away.

Best Regards , Rusty.
Rusty 60 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #2246
keno49
Starter Motor

Hi Guys,
Still totally frustrated with this site.I have logged in and I am trying to view the wiring diagram for my eb.The blank page comes up on the screen . It dosen't do anything. As a member am I resricted to view this section.The section first came as being corrupted but I thought I'd gotten around that. At least the page numbers come up but are blank. Your help please.
Cheers keno49
keno49 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #2247
Dark Princess
Starter Motor

Exclamation Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi everyone,
I've got a 1st Gen AU XR8 I'm having a problem with. I'm not getting any power to the fuel pump. Anyone who understands the electrics on these please get back to me.
Cheers
Dark Princess is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #2248
guidedog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Princess
Hi everyone,
I've got a 1st Gen AU XR8 I'm having a problem with. I'm not getting any power to the fuel pump. Anyone who understands the electrics on these please get back to me.
Cheers
might be a blown fuse
guidedog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #2249
Dark Princess
Starter Motor

I changed the fuses first, also changed the fuel pump. It definitely seems like an issue with the wiring ...
Dark Princess is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #2250
wen1
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi all,FFF members.Loved xd's since my father had one as a company car in early 80's(bench seat,4.1 alloyhead,column auto).Just purchased a 2/82 factory 5.8l 4 speed fairmont ghia,no rust in original condition.Cheers.
wen1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post