Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-02-2014, 08:45 PM   #181
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: Second hand car market

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZA-289 View Post
6 months later and nothing has changed. Trying to sell a clean 2000 nissan patrol which is low kms and almost the cheapest one In the country. 1 call in 3 weeks. Mate cant sell his 2010 hilux either
What engine does it have? If it's not the TD42 it will be hard to sell. The TD42 patrols have actually gone up in value in the last 2 years. 15-18 big ones for a clean unmolested TD42 GQ these days, outrageous pricing for 20-25 year old 4x4s.

Good luck with it mate, if it is as clean as you say and it's priced right it will sell. There is always someone out there looking for a clean patrol as they are few and far between.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2014, 08:56 PM   #182
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is a td42
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2014, 09:08 PM   #183
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I'm surprised by that, it must be the price for the condition then. When i see a TD42 that is in great condition go up on patrol4x4 forum they are gone within the week. These are very sought after vehicles, obviously if it has high KM and isn't in tip top shape the price needs to reflect that.

I still maintain from my own experience if you present a car properly and price it right it will sell within two weeks. It has never taken me longer than 2 weeks to sell a car.
Old 27-02-2014, 09:42 PM   #184
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

226000kms. $16000
This user likes this post:
Old 27-02-2014, 09:50 PM   #185
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Yeh just found it on carsales mate, i wouldn't put in that you did an engine swap. Keep that for when someone rings to ask about it. It looks great but that reason alone would make me move on to the next one. It looks like a clean truck and that engine would have cost a bit to swap over.
Old 27-02-2014, 10:20 PM   #186
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hear what your saying but its not as though im asking the same price as a factory fitted td42. Im asking about 5k less.

Ill just keep waiting I guess.
This user likes this post:
Old 27-02-2014, 11:32 PM   #187
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try putting the price up...Often people are put off because its too cheap.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2014, 06:16 PM   #188
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For anyone interested I have a 06 300c 5.7 Hemi for sale. Grey in colour. 93,000kms
$23,000
Small dent in bonnet is the only problem with it.
I bet that is going to turn some people off.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2014, 12:25 AM   #189
Xauterus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
For anyone interested I have a 06 300c 5.7 Hemi for sale. Grey in colour. 93,000kms
$23,000
Small dent in bonnet is the only problem with it.
I bet that is going to turn some people off.
If its a small dent, have you tried a paintless dent repair place to see if they can push it out?
Xauterus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #190
shayne93
66 Mustang

I was selling my 04 Hyundai Accent 2 Door, 150000ks, 6 months rego and RWC for $4000.

I had one guy come and look at it, take it for a drive, complain about how it wasn't as powerful as his wife's Commodore wagon and that it didn't have cruise control. He said "I'll have a chat to my wife and let you know." Needless to say, I never heard back.

I got a phone call about a week and a half later after I was thinking it would never sell.
An American guy and Equadorian girl studying over here were staying at a backpacker hostel, wanted to look at the car but had no transport, they asked if I was coming into the city, could I drop in and show them.

I took it straight in, they had a test drive and liked it. They wanted a 3rd party mechanic to check it over, I had no issue at all with this. It passed with no drama. They needed to get an 18+ card to transfer the rego so I drove them to the transport dept and they did that.
I went the extra mile with them and sold it.

I was also trying to sell my AU XR8 ute at the time as I wanted to buy a new car.
Its a 2001, 200kw handbuilt, Tickford Brakes, Leather trim and momo steering wheel.
Wanted $7000. One bloke called and said I've only got $5500 but I want it.
I said I wanted $7000. I had another guy look at it, test drive it, give it a gut full and complain how he recons "these 'andbuilt motors aint got as much go as i fout" (mind you, the car isn't under powered by any means). His wife/partner/mistress proceeded to tell me how she looking forward to going to the pub this afternoon so she can play the pokies.

I've decided to keep the ute and not buy new, however the right money would own it.
Certain cars attract certain types.
shayne93 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2014, 05:16 PM   #191
Danford2
Starter Motor

I guess most people have trouble selling second hand. When I sold a Camry Sportivo a few years back I had a guy come and look at it haggle price and we agreed on a deal. He said he didnt have any money and would call me in a few days, i made it clear I had other interest and a week later sold it to someone else. I tried to make contact with the original guy before the deal was done and no answer. 2 weeks later he calls me and asks to inspect the car again then when i said its sold he cracked it and had a go at me. Saying how he bought the car and how he will complain to consumer affairs.
Some idiots out there
Danford2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post