Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-03-2011, 04:55 PM   #181
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The old lady has the global shut windows in her Focus, funnilly enough, no body has lost their fingers, no one has been decapitated, the cat still has his head and the dog still has his tail.
Maybe we're just smarter than everyone else, but this should have been a standard feature with at least BF.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #182
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra265t
Hmm, tried out this feature in a peugeot 407 and ended up with badly bruised fingers . Lucky I wasnt crazy enough to put my neck there.
The VW I had nearly 2 years ago had that option. Auto upped the window one day and swung around in such a manner that the back of my arm got caught between the glass and the door frame. Grabbed it that hard that I felt I couldn't yank it out. Took some awkward stretching for a few minutes to reach the window controls as the keys were still in the ignition. Was rather badly bruised.

Shame no-one had a camera, I'd probably be $50k richer from funniest home videos. :(
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #183
rtm
Starter Motor

Default Xr6 sat nav

Just finished installing touch screen sat nav in my xr50 . All up cost $432 After months of searching the net for the best deal I came across a russian company that offers a sat nav box and touch screen overlay. It's a easy install and the finished job looks OEM. Had to get the maps on eBay ($32) and now have a great little unit. The web site is car-solutions.com. They delivered the product from Asia in 4 days. Note that I already purchased from asl the video converter for my rear cam for $265 and the cam cost $35. Still it's a lot cheaper than the $2400 quote I got from installers.
rtm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post