Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 24-07-2022, 11:55 AM   #19201
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 12,820 cases for a 10-day average growth rate of 1.0073 (1.0556) and the actual line moves below the predictive trend line.

VIC records 9,501 cases for a 10 day average growth of 0.9884 (1.0015) while the actual line remains below the predictive trend.

Here is the predictive trend graph for four States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st. Total deaths in Australia pass 11,000.

New Zealand data goes back to January 15th and the actual line remains below the predictive trend line.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2022, 01:15 PM   #19202
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT July 23rd 2022.

44,890 new cases for Australia and 102 deaths so the CMR is 0.123% (é).

NZ reported 8,072 cases and 21 deaths for a CMR of 0.123% (-).

116,610 new cases in the USA yesterday and 375 deaths sees CMR at 1.142 (ê).

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 574M;

Japan (196,297) recorded a new high; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2022, 02:44 AM   #19203
mostly_broncos

last month i had the corona for the second time and didn't even realize it until it was nearly over. Its peak pollen season here so i just thought it was my stupid neighbor refusing to cut his hay that was bugging me.

I was told a family member i had contact with had it so i tested and was positive and 2 days later tested negative . Really disappointing that I didn't get to obsess over symptoms for a full week like most people.
joking aside it was very different than my july 2020 bout with the alpha I knew i was sick that time. Scratchy throat runny nose meh , if you haven't had it yet avoid these pathetic 5th and further sequels and request the original version so you can enjoy your isolation. Nothing worse than having to avoid doing things for days when you aren't even sick.

My 80 year old mother got it at the same time and had no symptoms and was going thru chemo at the time. She had 3 moderna shots but no previous infection , I have no shots but was infected almost exactly 2 years ago.

Every damn fool I know with 3 or 4 shots has caught it in the last few months seems pointless to get any further boosters . Some of them quite a bit sicker than me symptom wise and one of them for sure gave it to me .

The shots do nothing
This user likes this post:
Old 25-07-2022, 08:36 AM   #19204
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostly_broncos View Post
The shots do nothing
Except stop you dying...
7 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2022, 11:12 AM   #19205
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Except stop you dying...
That’s why I have him on Ignore.
2 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2022, 11:15 AM   #19206
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostly_broncos View Post
last month i had the corona for the second time and didn't even realize it until it was nearly over. Its peak pollen season here so i just thought it was my stupid neighbor refusing to cut his hay that was bugging me.

I was told a family member i had contact with had it so i tested and was positive and 2 days later tested negative . Really disappointing that I didn't get to obsess over symptoms for a full week like most people.
joking aside it was very different than my july 2020 bout with the alpha I knew i was sick that time. Scratchy throat runny nose meh , if you haven't had it yet avoid these pathetic 5th and further sequels and request the original version so you can enjoy your isolation. Nothing worse than having to avoid doing things for days when you aren't even sick.

My 80 year old mother got it at the same time and had no symptoms and was going thru chemo at the time. She had 3 moderna shots but no previous infection , I have no shots but was infected almost exactly 2 years ago.

Every damn fool I know with 3 or 4 shots has caught it in the last few months seems pointless to get any further boosters . Some of them quite a bit sicker than me symptom wise and one of them for sure gave it to me .

The shots do nothing
Well I'm one of those damn fools that has had all the boosters and so far not have had Covid so I guess the shots do good after all; so don't underestimate the booster shots.
Old 25-07-2022, 11:24 AM   #19207
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 10,769 cases for a 10-day average growth rate of 1.0054 (1.0073) and the actual line moves below the predictive trend line.

VIC records 10,261 cases for a 10 day average growth of 1.0026 (1.0687) while the actual line remains below the predictive trend.

Here is the predictive trend graph for four States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st.

New Zealand data goes back to January 15th and the actual line remains below the predictive trend line.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2022, 11:48 AM   #19208
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT July 24th 2022.

38,046 new cases for Australia and 38 deaths so the CMR is 0.123% (-).

NZ reported 5,849 cases and 14 deaths for a CMR of 0.123% (-).

26,497 new cases in the USA yesterday and 67 deaths sees CMR at 1.141 (ê).

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 575M;
Oceania passes 11M cases (9.1M of those in Australia);
Japan passes 11M cases;

No countries recorded a new high; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2022, 08:51 PM   #19209
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Except stop you dying...
No shots and I'm still alive and out everyday.
2 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2022, 08:57 PM   #19210
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
No shots and I'm still alive and out everyday.

Happy for you, but you’re a clever guy and know that you’ve just been lucky so far. Stay safe.
Old 25-07-2022, 09:12 PM   #19211
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Happy for you, but you’re a clever guy and know that you’ve just been lucky so far. Stay safe.
Luck has nothing to do with it...this isn't TattsLotto.
2 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2022, 09:42 PM   #19212
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Unless you have some new credible information to share we are not going down this road again regarding vaccinations.

We've all had our say on this matter... over and over and over again.

Move on.
6 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2022, 09:58 PM   #19213
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Well I'm one of those damn fools that has had all the boosters and so far not have had Covid so I guess the shots do good after all; so don't underestimate the booster shots.

Just had my no4 today and also to date haven’t had it neither has my wife fully vaxxed as well.

I have 3/4 OS biz trips to do starting Sept no way am I gonna risk being abroad not besides some can’t in otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 25-07-2022, 11:22 PM   #19214
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
So, you had a problem, and in order to fix it and walk properly again you were willing to take that small risk. Thousands do that daily and the vast majority are corrected.

I don't get the flu ( not recently ), nor do I get flu shots so why would I risk my life for a covid vaccine? To make people like you feel better about themselves? Ain't gonna happen.

Brains have been washed more than hands.
Been following this thread awhile To sum up nobody gives a **** wether you get the flu/get a flu shot/get a covid shot/die of covid blah blah,you obviously have made a choice which is wonderful,theres no need to defend that choice nor have a crack at others re there choice.Walk away from the keyboard boil the jug and have a cuppa.
Old 25-07-2022, 11:39 PM   #19215
MrEL
Sick Puppy

It's much the same as the old saying about people with tattoos.
"The only difference between vaccinated people and unvaccinated people is vaccinated people don't care that you are unvaccinated"
Old 26-07-2022, 11:58 AM   #19216
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 14,067 cases for a 10-day average growth rate of 1.0454 (1.0054) and the actual line moves below the predictive trend line.

VIC records 12,339 cases for a 10 day average growth of 1.0286 (1.0026) while the actual line remains below the predictive trend.

Here is the predictive trend graph for four States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 27-07-2022 at 10:34 AM.
Old 26-07-2022, 12:18 PM   #19217
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT July 25th 2022.

36,152 new cases for Australia and 32 deaths so the CMR is 0.123% (-).

NZ reported 7,292 cases and 16 deaths for a CMR of 0.124% (é).

98,249 new cases in the USA yesterday and 349 deaths sees CMR at 1.140 (ê).

Other notable points:
Asia passes 167M cases;
Romania passes 3M cases;

No countries recorded a new high; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 26-07-2022, 03:23 PM   #19218
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

I have had covid for a few days now... wifey is slowly coming good as well , i still cannot smell or taste food ( seems like a week now ) but it hasnt stopped me working around the house and staying active.

I even had a nurse from my company call this morning checking up on my welfare and ready to organise anything i may need personally.

Even though they may be just keeping tabs on me i thought it was a nice gesture

4 users like this post:
Old 26-07-2022, 03:28 PM   #19219
zilo
BANNED

Just got my 5th vaccination and the flu shot.

(AZ,AZ,PFz,Covid,MOD)

I am invincible...

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 26-07-2022, 04:22 PM   #19220
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys View Post
I have had covid for a few days now... wifey is slowly coming good as well , i still cannot smell or taste food ( seems like a week now ) but it hasnt stopped me working around the house and staying active.
Me too, but it was AFTER the initial week of covid. Reckon I lost 30% of my taste buds for a good 4-5 days, but it was mainly salt and bitterness that I couldn't taste. I've got 90% of it back now. My cousin lost all his taste buds for 3 months. Crazy. Of all the symptoms experienced, that would be the one that would drive me insane.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 26-07-2022, 05:24 PM   #19221
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

If it wasnt for my lack of smell i wouldn't have taken my RAT test 3 days early...

Old 26-07-2022, 05:45 PM   #19222
martyal44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As I mentioned missus and I got Covid on a PO ship and I think some people had it and just carried on knowingly or unknowingly; it's stricter now on subsequent cruises but we and over 200 others got it on the last 3-4 days and were confined to cabins (we were lucky with a balcony) almost completely well now and we are triple vaxed. Only advice is to social distance and wear a mask when appropriate.
Old 26-07-2022, 07:39 PM   #19223
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

And the weird thing moving forward is i have been given immunity from RAT self testing for the next month?
How does that help anyone or stop the spread, i'm not immune from carrying it so i really don't understand some of these directions that i have been given over the last few day's.
I would say more much, except my most confusing email has "Highly Confidential" printed all over it.

Old 27-07-2022, 09:31 AM   #19224
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys View Post
And the weird thing moving forward is i have been given immunity from RAT self testing for the next month?
How does that help anyone or stop the spread, i'm not immune from carrying it so i really don't understand some of these directions that i have been given over the last few day's.
I would say more much, except my most confusing email has "Highly Confidential" printed all over it.
If you have recovered you are immune from carrying it. Your immune system has overwhelmed the virus, and for the next month will continue to do so. At first this was believed to last 3 months, now due to the virus's cleverness they are saying one month.

Any medical info for an individual is highly confidential, nothing weird there.

2 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2022, 10:02 AM   #19225
martyal44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To clarify, when we got on the cruise ship all passengers had to declare on an electronic form they had tested negative in the last 24 hrs via PCR or RAT which we had done: had photos, SMS results so a hand on heart approach which is obviously full of holes so by the end of the 9 days there was 200 or more cases, full disinfecting going on and a new notice posted around "must show a negative RAT to disembark" again which can be faked or in error. The RATs we got had the wrong instruction leaflet for the brand of cassettes given, not a huge deal but more 'scrambling to fix' actions, I think.
In short though for us, we hadn't caught Covid in over 2 years although being exposed a number of times and 1st cruise whammo.
Old 27-07-2022, 11:10 AM   #19226
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 16,173 cases for a 10-day average growth rate of 1.0454 (1.0683) and the actual line remains below the predictive trend line.

VIC records 12,653 cases for a 10 day average growth of 1.0346 (1.0286) while the actual line remains below the predictive trend.

As it was the end of our week yesterday, here are the weekly case numbers with NSW having 6,563 more cases than Victoria last week while Victoria recorded 7,380 more cases than the previous week; NSW recorded 18,789 more, Queensland 9,318 more; WA 6,019 less and SA 526 less. The week totalled 328,392 cases, an 8.4% increase on last week.

.. and a closer look at the last 3 months:

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2022, 12:36 PM   #19227
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT July 26th 2022.

46,209 new cases for Australia and 96 deaths so the CMR is 0.123% (-).

NZ reported 9,675 cases and 0 deaths for a CMR of 0.123% (ê).

135,422 new cases in the USA yesterday and 346 deaths sees CMR at 1.139 (ê).

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 576M;
Europe passes 214M cases;

Romania and Slovenia move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while Kazakhstan and Israel drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2022, 10:56 PM   #19228
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TLS View Post
Been following this thread awhile To sum up nobody gives a **** wether you get the flu/get a flu shot/get a covid shot/die of covid blah blah,you obviously have made a choice which is wonderful,theres no need to defend that choice nor have a crack at others re there choice.Walk away from the keyboard boil the jug and have a cuppa.
Cognitive vigilance
Old 28-07-2022, 01:12 PM   #19229
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 15,704 cases for a 10-day average growth rate of 1.0697 (1.0454) and the actual line remains below the predictive trend line.

VIC records 12,154 cases for a 10 day average growth of 1.0346 (1.0242) while the actual line remains below the predictive trend.

Here is the predictive trend graph for four States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st. Queensland passes 1,500 deaths in 2022.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2022, 01:18 PM   #19230
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT July 27th 2022.

49,514 new cases for Australia and 86 deaths so the CMR is 0.123% (-).

NZ reported 9,107 cases and 0 deaths for a CMR of 0.122% (ê).

233,880 new cases in the USA yesterday and 895 deaths sees CMR at 1.137 (ê).

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 578M;

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while Canada and Chile drop below.

Global case numbers are down a a bit to 6,436,953 this week compared to the 6,892,803 last week and the number of deaths also dropped from 13,871 last week to 12,839 this week.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Closed Thread