Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #1771
WannabeXP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePearlSP
I guess ALL the panels are really only just hold'en on!!!
Yeah!
The stickers are holden it together
Cheers Jason
05/2000 AUII XR6 5sp|Pacemaker 4480 Competition Headers|Lukey catback|Tickford Azzuro's|Impco LPG Conversion
Old 07-11-2010, 11:26 AM   #1772
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLER351
It appears to have rear steer mate , when he brings the Black one home i will take a pic ,IT is loooonger again takes him 10mins to negotiate the front security gate and too bad whoever is behind him !!!

He only brings it inside the complex so his kids can play in it I'm off to work now to capture some more "Fails" in our local carpark cheerio....
Hey Dazzler, I don't know if it helps, but according to Brisbane Council laws, it is illegal to block your own driveway. Looking at the first pic, the owner has done that.

Maybe check, with Gold Coast council about their ruling and if its the same, well you know what to do.

Oh, and bring on the fails. I love your work.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #1773
nstg8a

Quote:
It appears to have rear steer mate , when he brings the Black one home i will take a pic ,IT is loooonger again takes him 10mins to negotiate the front security gate and too bad whoever is behind him !!!

He only brings it inside the complex so his kids can play in it I'm off to work now to capture some more "Fails" in our local carpark cheerio....
thats gotta suk, id say complain to the body corporate... most have rules about either running businesses from the complex, or parking of oversized vehicles...
Old 07-11-2010, 04:35 PM   #1774
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR

i think its a holden?
also note the million aerials screwed on.

spotted this in a car park on stkilda rd, melbourne on cup day.
Is this a Holden of some sort lol???
Old 07-11-2010, 07:21 PM   #1775
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
thats gotta suk, id say complain to the body corporate... most have rules about either running businesses from the complex, or parking of oversized vehicles...
My missus is the B'Corp Secretary for this complex they havn't cranked the music up since the first night i threatened to kick the door in and rip the power box out of the wall, besides i might need to borrow it one day to do one of these mountain cruises Simon is always planning...
I can absolutely guarantee no-one will be passing me....
Old 07-11-2010, 10:04 PM   #1776
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

http://www.wheelking.com.au/Announce...6/Default.aspx

Quote:
Depending on wheel style popularity, copy wheels are usually ordered by multiple dealers and from different factories in China. The reason they are cheaper is that they are made purely to a price to maximise profits, not to a standard. For those who think that not being able to visually spot the difference means the strength of a copy or replica wheel is the same as the genuine, refer to the articles and images below.

The image below is of a Holden dealer supplied copy VE GTS wheels. Clicking mouse on the images will take you to the actual forum that theis issue was brought up on. Genuine wheels were considered too expensive and copies look the same, so why bother with the extra expens ?? We have never seen any factory genuine wheels fall apart in the way these copy wheels have. Note the image with all the shattered bits. Not much integrity in that casting material used with these copy replica wheels.

Note the lack of imact damage visible on the face. Also how it is visible through the spokes that the inner rim is missing. The advice we have received is that this wheel just failed in service. Even if there was a minor impact, the images below is not the desired was for a wheel to handle the impact.

Note that in the case of the copy/replica VY Signature 20 inch rims below, the centre of one wheel has completely fallen out and the other has also cracked all the way round. This just does not happen with properly engineered and factory genuine wheels.

The image below is of another set of copy/replica VY Signature rims where both centres have failed. Factory genuine wheels must pass impact as well as a variety of critical tests before they are approved for use on public highways. This involves more than just visual inspection by an untrained eye as if it were either a fake watch or handbag.

Click on the image to be taken to the original forum article. The image below is of a copy/replica VY CV8-R, once again, the sellers of these wheels are more interested in your money than your ultimate safety. What a feeling it must be when the centre falls out of wheel while a vehicle is in motion. Note the copy HSV decal in the wheel centre and the marking in the road where it can be clearly seen axle has to a grinding halt.

The image below is another typical of what we have had emailed to us from customers seeking replacements for what they assumed were genuine wheels. In the case below, the NON GENUINE COPY VY SS 18x8 has no signs of impact damage. What is clearly evident on the rim is that it is only held in place by three and a bit spokes and that it has failed as a consequence of the inferior metal content or poor manufacturing process. If you have an image of copy wheel that has suffered the same fate and would like it included in this section, please feel free to forward it with the town or suburb you are from. Brief story will also be included if you wish.

Copy wheels are manufactured by the assorted manufacturers only while the demand for that particular rim style is high. As a consequence, once demand drops, replacement wheels are impossible to find. On the other hand, HSV still have stocks of most of their rims including the 1993 VR Clubsport rims. Unfortunately wheels damaged by impacts are not something most people generally allow for or have any control over. Three wheels are as nearly as useful as none.

We often get enquiries for single replacement rims where as a consequence of the rim having a HSV style decal in the centre, the customer assumes they have genuine rims only to come to the realisation that they have copy wheels that is no longer available. Due to finish, offset and other variations, a genuine rim is not a suitable substitute for a copy wheel.

Depending on popularity, copy wheels are usually sourced from multiple sources and different factories in China. The reason they are cheaper is that they are made purely to a price to maximise profits for the suppliers involved. They have rarely passed any wheel standard and as such have a dubious structural integrity. Materials used are also usually inferior to the genuine item and are often not the correct offset and may also have incorrect hub locating bore hole size. Wheels not correctly located on a stub axle will inherently cause vehicle vibration issues

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 07-11-2010, 10:13 PM   #1777
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Why are these products even reaching our shores? Our government has failed us again in regulating all the wrong things, instead of something that could potentially kill someone.

China = FAIL
Old 07-11-2010, 10:27 PM   #1778
MexicanBatman
Banned

Before we bag out non genuine wheels, I had 2 cracked spokes on a ford probe factory mag 16" not due to pot hole etc... The above could have happened to me too on a factory mag!
Old 07-11-2010, 10:36 PM   #1779
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How about epic fail of whoever typed that article??? Where was it written? It reads like those poorly translated "engrish" pictures......

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 07-11-2010, 10:42 PM   #1780
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
How about epic fail of whoever typed that article??? Where was it written? It reads like those poorly translated "engrish" pictures......
Site sponsor by the look of the link.

I remember a guy with cheap wheels on his Commodore having 3 of them break on him on the free way. Lucky no one was hurt. But the car was a write off.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:47 PM   #1781
huggiebear
Mr. Multiple Projects

yeah mags can get cracks but whole centers snapping out.. thats just plain scary..
2004 Forester Turbo
2006 Corolla Wagon BLAAAAAAACK
Old 07-11-2010, 10:47 PM   #1782
nstg8a

people wouldn't buy them if the factory rims weren't so exorbitantly priced...
Old 08-11-2010, 12:27 AM   #1783
munkky
turbo mafia

this happend to a factory rim on my mums old bmw e36. we took it to the tyre factory to get a wheel balance because it devaloped a vibration and when the rim came off it had a crack on the inner side that was about 15cm big but it wasent loosing any air

2008 FG G6E TURBO
AND YES IT HAS A LSD
ORSM F.C.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:28 AM   #1784
munkky
turbo mafia

win or fail i recon the engine is a win but car is a fail ive seen this on boosted falcon

2008 FG G6E TURBO
AND YES IT HAS A LSD
ORSM F.C.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:33 AM   #1785
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats been photoshopped ^^^^^^^

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
Old 08-11-2010, 12:36 AM   #1786
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd906
Thats been photoshopped ^^^^^^^
I hope so, wouldnt have wanted the falcon to die only for its organs to be dropped in that....
Old 08-11-2010, 12:38 AM   #1787
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

I knew someone in Sydneys west with a VL 5.0L... Or atleast it was badged thAt way... He was very reluctant to talk about whats under the bonnet to only find out he had a Clevo 351 in there... Different but fail I think...
Old 08-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #1788
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Does this come with warp drive?
Carsales Link

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Old 08-11-2010, 11:25 AM   #1789
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fled74
Does this come with warp drive?
Carsales Link
That car is SURELY a relative of the HEKTIK Taurus...
Old 08-11-2010, 02:53 PM   #1790
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Awesome VL in the previous posts, Clevo mafia SPY haha
Old 08-11-2010, 04:34 PM   #1791
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

2007 BF MKII Falcon... maybe not
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
Old 08-11-2010, 04:50 PM   #1792
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkky

win or fail i recon the engine is a win but car is a fail ive seen this on boosted falcon
Anyone know of a cheap BA/BF I can rip the Barra out of to throw in my VL?

Shame it isn't real, but someone has probably already done it.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:51 PM   #1793
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinijosh JWM I6
The wording and VIN atleast suggest a falcon
Old 08-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #1794
huggiebear
Mr. Multiple Projects

im pretty sure i have seen more pics of that VL and it looked pretty real from different angles.. but im willing to let people prove me wrong
2004 Forester Turbo
2006 Corolla Wagon BLAAAAAAACK
Old 08-11-2010, 06:36 PM   #1795
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Its shopped, it popped up on boosted falcon ages back...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 08-11-2010, 06:44 PM   #1796
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Yeah that VL is shopped, for starter's there would be no clearance when the bonnet's down.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #1797
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Thumbs down

Step right up , step right up who wants to see this clowns gonads implanted in the back seat ... or his chin pushing dumbells through the ceiling .. no this aint Photoshopped .. this is a genuine VR Commodore airbag ...electrically taped in postion because of a previous accident i guess and yep it appeared as if the wires were connected and it is a new one

God help me i've seen it all now....
Old 08-11-2010, 10:32 PM   #1798
JimNiki
71Mach1

This is nature taking its course ...
Would he even know who Darwin was?
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
Old 09-11-2010, 01:07 AM   #1799
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Anyone know of a cheap BA/BF I can rip the Barra out of to throw in my VL?

Shame it isn't real, but someone has probably already done it.
There is a VK getting around Adelaide with an EF engine in it, AU rocker cover, and a turbo. The thing has an absolute mint body, but full grandpa spec with no modifications whatsoever, in fact it even has stock rims with mint condition hubcaps on it. To look at it, you would think its just a very well kept VK.

Until you see the thing go.

Met the guy one night at Harbourtown when he stopped and we couldn't believe what he was running in it. I heard a few months ago it was on Carsales so I don't know where it is now.

The thing was absolutely mental.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:46 AM   #1800
Bobman
Regulator

Quote:
Step right up , step right up who wants to see this clowns gonads implanted in the back seat ... or his chin pushing dumbells through the ceiling .. no this aint Photoshopped .. this is a genuine VR Commodore airbag ...
Just for info, that's a standard horn pad as seen on many VR / VS Commodores. Most executives of those models had no driver's airbag.

The way to pick one with an airbag is that it has no dimple where the Holden badge is and it says 'SRS Airbag' under it. The one pictured above is only a horn pad with nothing underneath. Check picture below to see how bare these ones are under the cover.

Still a ridiculous patch job though!

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)