Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-07-2009, 04:51 PM   #151
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVKILLA
"If you are aware of your environment while driving (and you SHOULD be) you will notice a car approaching you from behind and will notice that they are travelling at a faster speed than you. You do NOT know their circumstances for travelling quicker than you so, if it's safe to do so, pull over and let them past.

You eliminate road rage, you keep the speedster happy and you no longer have the need to concentrate on your rear view mirror. Win win for all !!!

Too easy !!!"

So what happens when you pull over and let them go about their speedy way and they go on to cause an accident because they think everyone will get out of their road.I usually give the breaks a few small taps(not so hard that they come crashing through your rear window)but just to show them i know how close they are,also you can flick your lights on to park then off and people think its you putting on your brakes.
Then you Sir, are an idiot.
Not only for tapping your breaks because you think someone is too close.
But also because you've swallowed the "speed kills" line without a second thought.

And as for catching someone speeding and then letting them go - speed cameras do the very same thing so why should I be obliged to act differently?
FalconXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2009, 05:03 PM   #152
HSVKILLA
moonlight rider

[QUOTE=FalconXR6]Then you Sir, are an idiot.
Not only for tapping your breaks because you think someone is too close.
But also because you've swallowed the "speed kills" line without a second thought.

And as for catching someone speeding and then letting them go - speed cameras do the very same thing so why should I be obliged to act differently?

Well Sir i don't mind being called an idiot,as my idiotic ways make me feel better but each to their own.
HSVKILLA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2009, 05:15 PM   #153
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I also hate idiots in corollas and aurions who try to drag you off at every set of lights. Do Toyota salesmen advertise their cars as "being able to beat ford FG turbos" or something?

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2009, 07:06 PM   #154
downthetrack

Parents around school zones, seen enough stupid things done around pick up and drop off time to make anything else look tame.
downthetrack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2009, 07:18 PM   #155
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

People who turn left from the centre or rhs of the road or people who turn right and stay to the centre of left FFS its a corolla not a B double. These people position their cars so others have to wait till they have completed their wide turn instead of positioning their car correctly to allow traffic to continue on past them.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2009, 11:32 PM   #156
1streetmachine1

Dh's who park over the line in car parks or extremly close to it, therefore making you have to sqeeze every ounce of air out of your lungs to get in the car without banging your door on theres.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2009, 11:45 PM   #157
bonspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People who brake, and then indicate.

people who have to pull out in front of you, even when there is no traffic behind you........ and then continue to do 20 klms under the limit.

People who cant do the posted speed...80 is 80 not 70.

People who play blinky with there high beams.

Caravans.
bonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2009, 11:56 PM   #158
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonspeed
People who cant do the posted speed...80 is 80 not 70.
wrong, the posted speed sign is a maximum limit, not a minimum or set speed.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2009, 11:59 PM   #159
bonspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
Don't believe you. Its the posted speed.....If you cant do it you shouldn't be on the road.
bonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2009, 12:08 AM   #160
Spitfire 6.2
V6 3L

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1streetmachine1
Dh's who park over the line in car parks or extremly close to it, therefore making you have to sqeeze every ounce of air out of your lungs to get in the car without banging your door on theres.
But they will have no problem banging their door on your car. :
Spitfire 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2009, 12:25 AM   #161
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Oh right, so I can travel 30km/h down a one lane 90km/h zone because 90 is simply the maximum I can go, if I so choose too. Who cares about the people behind me.

Come on, either do the posted limit or catch the bus.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2009, 12:34 AM   #162
Ibrox90
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
Oh right, so I can travel 30km/h down a one lane 90km/h zone because 90 is simply the maximum I can go, if I so choose too. Who cares about the people behind me.

Come on, either do the posted limit or catch the bus.
No hes right. HOWEVER if you go to slow thats "impeding the flow of traffic" which is an offence

I hate IDIOT P platers for example the ones that pull up next to u (when you have an XR8) in their full pimped VN and try and drag you. (i dont partake, i just ignore them, then the next set of lights they think theyve won.

Or your trying to merge in after turning left in heavy traffic (i usually floor it and join at speed but in heavy traffic) and and they pull out into your space from behind you

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:
Quad Exhaust, Hi-Flow Air filter, BFtiming chain tensioners, Billet Oil pump gears
stage 2 shift kit, riding on G6ET 18's

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Parking your ford after a long day of being Awesome
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parkin...37774932974038
Ibrox90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2009, 12:36 AM   #163
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
that would be just silly and inconsiderate wouldn't it. an unwritten rule generally is to be within 20km of posted limit, however the fact remains - it is a speed 'limit', not a minimum or set speed.

people forget driving is a privilege. if you find yourself always in a hurry, leave 5-10 min earlier.

reading this thread shows why there is such chaos on our roads.
Old 22-07-2009, 01:58 AM   #164
gocruzin
Ford tragic

I have a lot of pet hates on the road as my job is all to do with road travel, but my biggest hate has to be the morons who dawdle down the freeway slow enough for me to pass on cruise control,
only to speed up just as I get near them, and then of course slow back down as soon as i get back behind them boils me blood it does.

Them and the people who sit next to me on the Frw in the passing lane! with nothing in front of them.
I consider that to be very stupid because if i have someone come off of a ramp or out of a intersection,
the first thing I am going to do is swipe them off the road while trying to avoid the other car. pure stupidity. :the_finge
Old 22-07-2009, 02:35 AM   #165
xbrules
/[_][_]==DMC==[_][_]\

Probably been said 20 times already, here in adelaide there are only three things.
1. pedestrians who don't look!!!!
2. Cyclists
3. Buses/trams

Daily: AU series 1 Fairmont Ghia
The Classic: Jan 79 ZH Fairlane, EFI'd 302 Clevo
The Project: Aug 73 Ford Landau Hardtop

During his lifetime, the average man will spend around 5 years behind the wheel of his car.... Make those years count... Drive a Ford.
xbrules is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2009, 08:25 AM   #166
Bmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate all drivers, I mean we all do something wrong at some time in our driving life. I think if you intentionally do something wrong then you should be prepared to wear it.
I don't like those who tail gate, but I'm sure I do somthing at sometime to peve people of,f so can't complain.

I like to pull my deisel Hilux up on the engine compression and rarely use the brakes, so the lights don't come on. If you are too close and not paying attention and you run into me, you will have to pay up. :jab:

>
Bmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #167
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

OOOH, I'm getting good at this, hahaha,

- pet hate #358 , Reverse angle parking here in NSW, what the hell is with that?! Whoever thought that was a good idea needs a good slap. Half the people can't reverse park to start with and every time someone goes to pull up it blocks traffic till they can get it right and park within the lines and at the right angle or they screw it up for everyone around them. Front on angle parking would be so much easier and quicker. Pull straight in without collecting high curbs, sign posts, bins etc. on the edge of the footpath and without stopping the traffic flow for 2 minutes while you get your act together; and when you go to leave it's a damn sight easier to reverse onto an open road first time than back into a gap so you hold up traffic for a hell of a lot LESS time.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Last edited by Bushbasher; 22-07-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2009, 10:06 AM   #168
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

OOOOH, here's a good one; people who spot someone heading to their car in a carpark and block traffic when they pull up and wait for the spot even though it's obvious that mum is going to be another 5 minutes packing away the shopping, kids, pram etc before she even gets it the car to do her mandatory 2 minute pre flight check. MOVE ON DIPCHIT and find another spot!

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2009, 10:20 AM   #169
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saw this one last night one my way home. A guys car broke down last night in peak hour traffic. He was able to start the car again (twice), instead of moving to the side of the road to wait for help, he proceeds to try and keep driving. Car breaks down on a bridge in the middle of the road for no one to get past.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2009, 10:24 AM   #170
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
that would be just silly and inconsiderate wouldn't it. an unwritten rule generally is to be within 20km of posted limit, however the fact remains - it is a speed 'limit', not a minimum or set speed.

people forget driving is a privilege. if you find yourself always in a hurry, leave 5-10 min earlier.

reading this thread shows why there is such chaos on our roads.
I see anyone who is travelling more than 10km/h below the limit as inconsiderate. If there's a reason they're holding everyone up, then ok, but alot of the time we are just dealing with incompetent drivers. I don't mind if they are a little below the limit, but if someone is anywhere near 20km/h below like you suggest then they really shouldn't be on the road holding up a line of traffic. Yes you are technically right, it is a limit, but there's no reason for someone not to be within 5km/h of the limit, unless the conditions call for slower driving. The other day I needed to travel well under the limit because I was transporting some furniture, however I pulled to the side every now and then to let people by. It's a courtesy to others sharing the road, but some people only think about themselves and would happily chug along holding up a line of 20 cars.

It's also not about being in a hurry - some people just time their journeys perfectly and know exactly how long it will take because they go to the same destination every day. It just takes someone who doesn't care for anyone else on the road to travel 10+ km/h under. For example, I drive to work and I know exactly how long it takes. Every now and then, I cop someone who just couldn't be bothered going anywhere close to the limit, and as a result I arrive at work later than I want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrox90
No hes right. HOWEVER if you go to slow thats "impeding the flow of traffic" which is an offence
Yes he's technically right, but "impeding traffic" is what I'm talking about. I couldn't care less if they were going snails pace down a 2 lane freeway. But when they hold up a line of cars then it starts to irk me.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2009, 10:36 AM   #171
Mark s
1.3 Litre Suzuki power

Sydney Taxi drivers

EF 4lt 1995 in Green on LPG. To and from work hack.

XY Fairmont 1971 in Bronze Wine, 302, Top Loader, 9" Still trying to find out if she is a GS or plain jane Monty.

Mustang 1966 coupe, Silver frost, A code, C4, factory bench seat, A/C, P/S rally pac, AM radio with 8 track. Awaiting funds for resto.

K6 Hayabusa....Dead Stock and why would one need to spend thousands on mods.................
Mark s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #172
prydey
Rob

i admit 20km under is a bit extreme. just like your 30 in a 90 was extreme. however i stand by my comments. if i do 10km under every speed limit on my 20km journey to work, it will add maybe 2-5 min to my travelling time. now i'm sorry but if people can't factor in an extra 5 min 'just in case' then therein lies many of the problems on our roads. i normally allow a good 45min for a simple 20km journey. sometimes i arrive 20min early. hasn't killed me yet. i used to rush a lot more and then if i hit slow traffic or roadworks i'd get frustrated thinking about being late. these days i arrive at work feeling much better. patience on the road is fast dissappearing.

tailgaters - go your hardest. i'm looking out the big glass window in front of me. i periodically check mirrors so i'm aware but i couldn't give a rats if you want to drive that way. please yourself. why should i let it upset me.
Old 22-07-2009, 01:42 PM   #173
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark s
Sydney Taxi drivers
+1

I was in Sydney last Thursday and Friday.

Not only are they shocking drivers, but none wear seat belts!!! One car was a Fairlane, the driver has a buckle to stop the beeper, so he could drive without a seat belt! Talk about brainless
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2009, 01:57 PM   #174
gocruzin
Ford tragic

[QUOTE=Adrenaline]I see anyone who is travelling more than 10km/h below the limit as inconsiderate. If there's a reason they're holding everyone up, then ok, but alot of the time we are just dealing with incompetent drivers. I don't mind if they are a little below the limit, but if someone is anywhere near 20km/h below like you suggest then they really shouldn't be on the road holding up a line of traffic. Yes you are technically right, it is a limit, but there's no reason for someone not to be within 5km/h of the limit, unless the conditions call for slower driving. The other day I needed to travel well under the limit because I was transporting some furniture, however I pulled to the side every now and then to let people by. It's a courtesy to others sharing the road, but some people only think about themselves and would happily chug along holding up a line of 20 cars.[QUOTE=Adrenaline]

AMEN Brother! :evil3:
Old 22-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #175
ryanstev

People who make a right turn in the middle of the lane holding up traffic, instead of using the centre/flush median. Or maybe they might have one wheel on the median.

holier than thou people who think they're safe drivers because they've never had a ticket.
Old 22-07-2009, 03:27 PM   #176
LANKY 1
Are the Supercars on yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrules
Probably been said 20 times already, here in adelaide there are only three things.
1. pedestrians who don't look!!!!
2. Cyclists
3. Buses/trams
so true

Think this rule goes for everyone:
anyone going slower then you is annoying
anyone going faster then you is an idiot!

i have enjoyed seeing how angry some ppl get. chillax a bit

Anyone who travels from adelaide to the barrossa would know the 80k speedlimit all the way.. only been like that for well over a year. and prolly won't change for another couple!

V8 dreamteam
1st: 2012, 2021
2nd: 2015, 2016, 2020, 2022, 2023
3rd: 2014, 2018, 2019
LANKY 1 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2009, 04:43 PM   #177
Paxton
Cobblers!

Camrys. The Rolling Roadblock.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2009, 05:12 PM   #178
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
Camrys. The Rolling Roadblock.
There are a couple of ricers here who have some jap import that looks almost exactly like a camry but is RWD and has a turbo charged engine.
One has been decked out with all the camry badges etc and wanders about fast and furiously annoying traffic.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2009, 05:13 PM   #179
cant
CANT !!!!!!!!

Just wait till some doo gooder Pollitition sort of WNKER reads this thread, and decides we all have to do a 6month RE-LICENCING test, paying hundreds of revenue dollars for the privilege.. !!!!!!!!!! :

Though there are plenty of things that (INSERT EXPLETIVE) us all off, it still beats WALKING !......

Better to be late, than
VERY LATE !!!! :

YEAH HA !!!!!!!!
cant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2009, 09:40 PM   #180
dbirdy

PEOPLE SITTING IN THE RIGHT LANE!!!!!

Move over so others and I can pass!!!!

Why do we tailgate??? because you are sitting in the right lane holding not only me up but everyone else!!!

The roads would be so much more effcient if everyone just keeps to the left and let people pass!!!!!

So keep left!!!!
dbirdy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post