Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2022, 01:54 PM   #17911
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

The current fortnight of UK data for cases and elapsed mortalities has finished.

There were 1,389,776 cases in the period to 27/12 and 2,606 deaths between 28-11/1 for a CMR of 0.181% which is lower than the previous period which was 0.221%. Case numbers, however, are up by 680k (96%) over the previous period so there will be some flow on.

Thus, in the 165 days since 'freedom day' they have totalled 6,727,740 cases and 21,026 deaths for an overall CMR of 0.313% which is below the 0.345% at day 150.

Here it is graphed - note that the base column at the end is the 2 week period prior to freedom day.

On an annualised basis, that’s 14.8M cases and somewhere between 27k (at the most recent CMR) and 46k (at the average CMR) deaths and just over one quarter of the adult population would get COVID in the year.

It should be noted that the lower figure is very close to the pre-COVID annualised deaths from Influenza and Pneumonia (26,342 in 2019) but still well above that for Influenza on its own (1,223).

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 12-01-2022 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Added Flu comparison
3 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2022, 02:07 PM   #17912
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
the sceptic might say this is to deter people testing.

No, a silly person would say that.

NSW has consistently outperformed VIC in making testing accessible. Especially since Omicron. Yesterday 130000 tests, you line up for 6 hours or get turned away if VIC gets near 80000

2 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2022, 02:11 PM   #17913
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Nothing any of us can do now..
Grab a coldie, sit back, be happy and enjoy the tennis
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
3 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2022, 02:30 PM   #17914
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:

My parents have started to prep for dooms day, getting supplies ready for the inevitable, disposable gloves, PPE, panamax ....only thing they can't get is RAT kits. Fortunately my sister's friend runs a pharmacy and they reserved us a small handful.

Hunger games with vaccines, and now with RAT kits and looks like chicken next.....
Oh please! That’s crazy!.. In a doomsday scenario, a RAT test kit, gloves, ppe etc would be the last things I’d be hoarding!
Wouldn’t it be cases of tinned baked beans, tinned sausages & veges, Cadbury twirls, cherry ripes, and a pallet of Carlton draught cans?
What sort of apocalypse are they imagining?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
This user likes this post:
Old 12-01-2022, 02:34 PM   #17915
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Oh please! That’s crazy!.. In a doomsday scenario, a RAT test kit, gloves, ppe etc would be the last things I’d be hoarding!
Wouldn’t it be cases of tinned baked beans, tinned sausages & veges, Cadbury twirls, cherry ripes, and a pallet of Carlton draught cans?
They are thinking what to do if someone in the household gets it. Mum is autoimmune, she is really anxious. I don't blame her, we are fed this 24/7.

So for example if I get it, they'll probably lock me in my room for 7-14 days....maybe 21 for good measure. Gloves and PPE to handle things like bringing cutlery to bedroom isolation room. This is what our family and friends overseas have been doing throughout the pandemic when members of the household gets it.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2022, 03:06 PM   #17916
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
They are thinking what to do if someone in the household gets it. Mum is autoimmune, she is really anxious. I don't blame her, we are fed this 24/7.

So for example if I get it, they'll probably lock me in my room for 7-14 days....maybe 21 for good measure. Gloves and PPE to handle things like bringing cutlery to bedroom isolation room. This is what our family and friends overseas have been doing throughout the pandemic when members of the household gets it.
If you're over 18 you shouldn't be living with Mum and Dad
Old 12-01-2022, 03:11 PM   #17917
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Its just the good son left here now. Doing my duty. Someone has to look after them.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

2 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2022, 03:18 PM   #17918
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Just received this in the mail. So many things wrong with this (just google Robert Malone for eg). Even if there were no issues with the content, not sure how they can think they'll be taken seriously if they aren't even prepared to put any identification on the paper. I'm guessing it's either a religious person or organisation by the sentence on the form on the back.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
2 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2022, 03:54 PM   #17919
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
I'd be stocking up on alcohol and drink myself to death.....
Old 12-01-2022, 05:00 PM   #17920
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
The days of moving out of home as a teenager and paying rent while still being able to save for a house deposit are gone!

Old 12-01-2022, 05:02 PM   #17921
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
The days of moving out of home as a teenager and paying rent while still being able to save for a house deposit are gone!
oi...I aint a teeny booper. Just obeying the 5th commandment.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard from Citro lately?

Rides (past and present)

Old 12-01-2022, 05:12 PM   #17922
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well well....I wonder where the fine idea came from.

Logically though, if it is that critical to fine someone $1000 for not submitting their results, then the RATs should be made available and free to everyone?

Rides (past and present)

2 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2022, 05:22 PM   #17923
Pooka
Shapeshifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Just received this in the mail. So many things wrong with this (just google Robert Malone for eg). Even if there were no issues with the content, not sure how they can think they'll be taken seriously if they aren't even prepared to put any identification on the paper. I'm guessing it's either a religious person or organisation by the sentence on the form on the back.

A lot of that going around. These misinformed people, want to mislead people only so that they can profit from them. Please visit this website, subscribe to this newsletter, buy this magazine, attend this rally with my t-shirt and cap, ect, etc etc. We are the "truth" tellers they keep bleating.

Some are not really the misinformed, just scam artists trying to scam the people by using strategic self-anticonformity (or reverse psychology), to trick people in to buying their stories/products. The Murdoch media group is one that falls into this category. They have played a major role in all this spreading of bull**** and misinformation worldwide.

It's funny how Rupert Murdoch's own organisation was leading and supporting the anti-vaxxer movements through his TV and print media outlets. But Rupert was one of the fist to get vaccinated when the opportunity arose. He jumped the que to get jabbed ahead of all the Dr's, nurses, healthcare, etc. Just as our PM did.

Question, who was the first Australian to be vaccinated? Anyone know?
Old 12-01-2022, 05:27 PM   #17924
Pooka
Shapeshifter

News suggesting MP's and their staff in NSW have been receiving FREE rapid antigen test kits to take home!!

What an absolute disgrace!

Last edited by Pooka; 12-01-2022 at 05:50 PM. Reason: video link attached
Old 12-01-2022, 05:38 PM   #17925
leesa

Quote:
oi...I aint a teeny booper. Just obeying the 5th commandment.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard from Citro lately?
Yup FGX texted him a week or so ago, apparently he's okay just taking a break from the forum.

2 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2022, 05:44 PM   #17926
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
It's a joke isn't it. Robert Malone is a hero to our super anti-vax friends, even when presented with irrefutable evidence that he is not who he says he is and has not at all done what he claims to have.

In a published fire breathing document by his wife he is quoted as saying "these people are making billions off my work and what's in my head", or something to that effect. He is a scientist scorned.

Another one is Dr Kary Mullis, the inventor of the PCR test. He won a Nobel Prize for this work. The claim is the test cannot detect Covid and every covid positive test is a fraud.

Anti-vaxxers claim that Dr Mullis has come out on record at extreme personal cost to him in 2020 and 2021 to alert the world to this fraud. Problem for them is, he died in August 2019, 5/6 months before the world ever heard of Covid. But they can't be told. Even with irrefutable proof our friends still tell us he spoke about it last year.

Their claims are based and copied from discussions and papers from the late 90's between him and other doctors, mostly based on discussions about PCR testing for HIV. Alot of the quotes attributed to Mullis in this fraud are were actually made by others and published under their name.

Even his widow has come out and said to stop cutting and pasting his discussions, texts, documents and editing videos to look like he is talking about covid now, but was a wide range of discussions from decades ago.

What they fail to realise is that the PCR is the basis for almost everything DNA and forensics related these days. If they believe that PCR cant detect covid then they have to accept that PCR can determine parenthood or provide DNA proof in criminal convictions.
Old 12-01-2022, 06:30 PM   #17927
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok ok I take that back. Looks like our northern friends are compliant. Big numbers coming tomorrow.

Service NSW logs more than 55,000 positive Covid-19 cases after RAT reporting made mandatory
https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...8d9d08d5cb6ed7

Rides (past and present)

Old 12-01-2022, 08:27 PM   #17928
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unless the Minister gets some incredible revelation evidence tomorrow then if Djokovic is not kicked out then there is something seriously wrong .

On the face of it , even the Serbian Prime Minister admits , he has been careless and wrong to do things he shouldn't .

Now seemingly blaming one of his staffers for "not deliberately" filling in an incorrect statement for his visa /covid declaration .

The buck stops with you Novak . Should be a basic responsibility of you personally to ensure accuracy. Everybody else has to .

If this was anybody else they'd be shunted out of the country already most likely and remain detained until the plane ride home .

As I say , unless some compelling reasons come forward for Minister Hawke not to kick him out for the breaches already admitted he has to be removed.
Otherwise where's any credibility existing with our government . The decision will **** off plenty whatever happens .Only certainty out of this whole mess .

Last edited by roddy1960; 12-01-2022 at 08:33 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2022, 09:09 AM   #17929
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooka View Post
News suggesting MP's and their staff in NSW have been receiving FREE rapid antigen test kits to take home!!

What an absolute disgrace!

Keeping Government running is a pretty compelling reason. Many essential services get free rapid testing. It would be a disgrace if they didn't.

But what exactly is the disgrace with this? From 23rd December.

NSW Government updates COVID settings and makes Rapid Antigen Tests free
https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/news/P...211223_01.aspx

2 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2022, 09:42 AM   #17930
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Keeping Government running is a pretty compelling reason. Many essential services get free rapid testing. It would be a disgrace if they didn't.

But what exactly is the disgrace with this? From 23rd December.

NSW Government updates COVID settings and makes Rapid Antigen Tests free
https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/news/P...211223_01.aspx
I agree, any of the "essential" services should be doing the same if thats how they have risk assessed it. There are examples of private businesses out my way doing the same, daily.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 13-01-2022, 10:13 AM   #17931
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes its important for MPs to kick on, but they can still work during isolation, hold their meetings via zoom etc.

It would appear we are in a workforce crisis. I think people are upset because the same is not being afforded to all other essential services.....yet, especially jobs that can't be done from home. Not just the "free" part, but more importantly, the availability.

There was a segment highlighting whats happening out in the farms. One farmer from the Mornington reportedly had to plough 30% of his produce back into the ground because he didn't have the staff to harvest them. Another said his pigs needed to be processed asap, they are growing 1kg a day, and if they are not processed soon he may not be able to sell them. Staff from all different industries can't get assurance that it is safe for them to go back to work. A lot would have their sick leave and probably annual leave being eaten into. It is pretty devastating at a time when we should be in recovery mode.

Article here: https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...12-p59nnr.html

The annoying thing for me is that we knew this was coming. We were not the first to come out of lock downs. We saw this happening in Europe.

Rides (past and present)

Last edited by T3rminator; 13-01-2022 at 10:24 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2022, 10:49 AM   #17932
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Yes its important for MPs to kick on, but they can still work during isolation, hold their meetings via zoom etc.

It would appear we are in a workforce crisis. I think people are upset because the same is not being afforded to all other essential services.....yet, especially jobs that can't be done from home. Not just the "free" part, but more importantly, the availability.

There was a segment highlighting whats happening out in the farms. One farmer from the Mornington reportedly had to plough 30% of his produce back into the ground because he didn't have the staff to harvest them. Another said his pigs needed to be processed asap, they are growing 1kg a day, and if they are not processed soon he may not be able to sell them. Staff from all different industries can't get assurance that it is safe for them to go back to work. A lot would have their sick leave and probably annual leave being eaten into. It is pretty devastating at a time when we should be in recovery mode.

Article here: https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...12-p59nnr.html

The annoying thing for me is that we knew this was coming. We were not the first to come out of lock downs. We saw this happening in Europe.
Im more annoyed about mandating RAT's for flying when they are stuff all around.

Also heard on the radio they are looking at making it so truckies can continue on even with a positive due to logistic issues at the moment.

You know its not going well when your local coles is limiting you on your sausage count!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
5 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2022, 11:13 AM   #17933
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

NSW records 41,535 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.1052 (from 1.0995) while the actual line is now (just) above the predictive trend line. As for Victoria, I’m going to distribute the backlog of RAT test results the way they have called it with 10,058 added to the PCR tests yesterday and the remaining 50,729 distributed evenly over the last 7 days

VIC records 37,169 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.2048 (from 1.2317) while the actual line falls below the predictive trend albeit only just.

Only Queensland (22,609) set new daily highs yesterday (12/1).

Finally, here is the predictive trend graph for both NSW / Victoria based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 13-01-2022 at 11:24 AM.
4 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2022, 12:15 PM   #17934
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
NSW records 41,535 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.1052 (from 1.0995) while the actual line is now (just) above the predictive trend line. As for Victoria, I’m going to distribute the backlog of RAT test results the way they have called it with 10,058 added to the PCR tests yesterday and the remaining 50,729 distributed evenly over the last 7 days

VIC records 37,169 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.2048 (from 1.2317) while the actual line falls below the predictive trend albeit only just.

Only Queensland (22,609) set new daily highs yesterday (12/1).

Finally, here is the predictive trend graph for both NSW / Victoria based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st.

QLD would be interesting to see too!!!!!!

Old 13-01-2022, 01:18 PM   #17935
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT January 12th 2022.

104,586 new cases for Australia and 49 deaths so the CMR is 0.198%.

NZ recorded 92 cases and 1 death for a CMR of 0.350%.

The UK recorded 129,544 cases and 398 deaths for a CMR of 1.016%.

801,907 new cases in the USA yesterday and 2,902 deaths sees CMR at 1.362%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 317M (+4M on yesterday);
Global cases set a new daily high of 3,146,373 – that’s 9 consecutive days over 2M and the first over 3M;
Europe sets a new daily high with 1,295,940 cases;
South America sets a new daily high with 283,775 cases;Europe passes 99M cases;
Asia passes 88M cases;
North America passes 75M cases;
The USA passes 64M cases;
Denmark passes 1M cases;

Barbados (516);
Guyana (1,000);
Suriname (1,062);
Bosnia (2,577);
Paraguay (4,017) – the previous high (3,484) on 6/6/21;
Costa Rica (4,170);
Qatar (4,206) – the 7th consecutive day;
Kuwait (4,548) – the 8th consecutive day;
Lithuania (4,635) – the previous high (3,934) on 30/12/20;
Saudi Arabia (5,362) – the previous high (4,389) on 9/6/20;
Martinique (7,395);
Slovenia (7,420);
Dominican Republic (7,439);
Uruguay (9,823) – the previous high (7,289) on 9/4/21;
Norway (11,825);
Croatia (9,894);
Bolivia (11,213);
Austria (17,006);
Peru (24,288) on 11/1;
Mexico (33,626);
Portugal (40,945);
Israel (47,073);
Turkey (77,722);
Germany (80,542); and
Spain (179,925);

... all recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Czechia and Kazakhstan move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 02-02-2022 at 12:50 AM.
Old 13-01-2022, 01:39 PM   #17936
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
QLD would be interesting to see too!!!!!!
With Queensland added:

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2022, 05:40 PM   #17937
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ACT will start reporting RAT from tomorrow and allows backdating to 8/1 so will be interesting to see those numbers.

Even the RATs will be understated because of the difficulty of getting any anywhere. I haven't even bothered looking
Old 13-01-2022, 05:59 PM   #17938
Pooka
Shapeshifter

Hang on... I thought Daddy Dom said singing and/or dancing is not allowed?? Or was that just for the non Hillsong members? Have a look at the goings-on at the Hillsong Youth Festival, which started yesterday...

https://twitter.com/doctormcdougall/...64826719535106

Sure looks like singing and dancing to me. No masks. No social distancing. While the pubs, bars, nightclub, etc. are banned from such activities, it seems the Pentecostals are exempt from what the rest of the public are expected to do?? Daddy Dom and Scotty are members of said church. Got to keep their church members happy now don't we?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vid-rules.html

Maybe Daddy Dom and Scotty should try what one of their evangelical pastors did in the video below to get rid of Covid-19!!?
And to think, this country is lead by people who attend these types of "worshiping" ceremonies!?

Old 13-01-2022, 06:18 PM   #17939
Pooka
Shapeshifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
NSW records 41,535 cases..
All reports suggest today's number is 92,264 for NSW. The jump accredited to RAT reporting. Just as VIC's jump to 51,356 on 08/01/22 was due to RAT reporting, and was taken into HERE.
Old 13-01-2022, 06:40 PM   #17940
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooka View Post
Hang on... I thought Daddy Dom said singing and/or dancing is not allowed?? Or was that just for the non Hillsong members? Have a look at the goings-on at the Hillsong Youth Festival, which started yesterday...

https://twitter.com/doctormcdougall/...64826719535106

Sure looks like singing and dancing to me. No masks. No social distancing. While the pubs, bars, nightclub, etc. are banned from such activities, it seems the Pentecostals are exempt from what the rest of the public are expected to do?? Daddy Dom and Scotty are members of said church. Got to keep their church members happy now don't we?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vid-rules.html

Maybe Daddy Dom and Scotty should try what one of their evangelical pastors did in the video below to get rid of Covid-19!!?
And to think, this country is lead by people who attend these types of "worshiping" ceremonies!?

Isn't Perrottet a staunch Catholic? That is nothing like Hillsong.

Closed Thread