Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 29-11-2021, 12:19 PM   #16981
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
It's in both but let's wait for some hard data before jumping to conclusions either way.

Asymptomatic simply means that the person isn't actually showing 'symptoms' but has the virus.
So like Hepatitis B?
A carrier, no signs of illness but carries the virus and spreads it around!
Old 29-11-2021, 12:31 PM   #16982
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are international arrivals still required to have a negative test before boarding the plane to come here?

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 29-11-2021, 12:43 PM   #16983
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT November 28th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,260 new cases for Australia and 4 deaths so the CMR is 0.959%.

146 new cases and 1 death for NZ so CMR is 0.382%.

The UK had 36,507 cases yesterday and 51 deaths for a CMR of 1.427%.

22,612 new cases in the USA yesterday and 79 deaths sees CMR at 1.628%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Italy passes 5M cases;

No countries
.... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and Syria drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

This user likes this post:
Old 29-11-2021, 12:56 PM   #16984
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Are international arrivals still required to have a negative test before boarding the plane to come here?
Yes. There are a handful of exempt countries in our own region (Oceania) but otherwise everywhere else does including the USA/UK.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2021, 01:08 PM   #16985
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
NSW/VIC
NSW records 150 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9784 (from 0.9798) while the actual line remains just above the predictive trend line which is now a 6th order polynomial.

VIC records 1,007 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9917 (from 1.0232) while the actual line remains below the predictive trend.

These graphs intrigue me Russ, are they capable of providing a prediction of stable numbers? Both recent numbers appear stable, and yet we get one saying it will head to 0 and one saying it will take off again......

Old 29-11-2021, 01:30 PM   #16986
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here's New Zealands latest pfizer vaccine adverse reactions data from last month. Does Australia publish similar data, had a quick look but couldn't find it.
Old 29-11-2021, 02:25 PM   #16987
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Here's New Zealands latest pfizer vaccine adverse reactions data from last month. Does Australia publish similar data, had a quick look but couldn't find it.
Yes they do:

https://www.tga.gov.au/periodic/covi...ort-04-11-2021

5 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2021, 02:35 PM   #16988
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To add to post above I personally know two of my sons friends one confirmed myocarditis resulting in three days in hospital the other awaiting results from tests and scans from his stay over the weekend. There are others amongst there friends but can't be verified, my son said they had heart issues to. All these boys are mid twenties, when we were discussing this over the weekend my twenty seven year old said he had chest pains after the first shot thought he had pulled a muscle, makes you wonder, now he's not keen for second but is being forced to for work.
6 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2021, 03:22 PM   #16989
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Anyone else think that the name given to the Federal Government's quarantine facilities is a little on the silly side?

I mean, if you had read the term Centre for National Resilience, would you automatically think of a quarantine facility? Sounds more like a mental health support service to me Or something the Chinese would use to reeducate their citizens.

https://www.finance.gov.au/governmen...nal-resilience

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor

Last edited by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0; 29-11-2021 at 03:34 PM.
4 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2021, 03:40 PM   #16990
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Todays case numbers and deaths in the US are incredible low compared to the regular numbers.
100,000+ daily cases, 1,000 odd deaths a day and now "only" 79 died.
Seems well odd, incorrect data being supplied?
Old 29-11-2021, 11:56 PM   #16991
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All lies:

People dropping dead on the street.
Bodies piling up.
Hospitals being overrun.
Two to three weeks to flatten the curve.
There will be no mask mandate.
Only the elderly and vulnerable will need to be jabbed.
Kids will never have the jab.
No vaccine passports.
No mandatory vaccination for jobs.

They win battles but they'll never win the war.

Old 30-11-2021, 08:59 AM   #16992
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As best an outcome as we could have hoped I reckon. Veto powers given to upper and lower house.

Quote:
Victorian government secures passage of pandemic bill

https://www.theage.com.au/national/a...29-p59d6a.html

Under the deal with Mr Barton, a new independent panel would be established to review detention orders during a pandemic.

The Victorian Ombudsman would also be able to receive complaints and there will no longer be aggravated offences under the draft legislation.

Also among the amendments is the establishment of a joint parliamentary committee and health directions could be reversed by a majority of both the Legislative Assembly and Legislative Council (Victoria’s lower and upper houses of Parliament).

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

2 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2021, 09:20 AM   #16993
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Anyone else think that the name given to the Federal Government's quarantine facilities is a little on the silly side?

I mean, if you had read the term Centre for National Resilience, would you automatically think of a quarantine facility? Sounds more like a mental health support service to me Or something the Chinese would use to reeducate their citizens.

https://www.finance.gov.au/governmen...nal-resilience
How about " Centre for National Ridiculousness "
Old 30-11-2021, 11:33 AM   #16994
slowsnake
Banned

Have you been shot lately?........

Old 30-11-2021, 12:49 PM   #16995
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

NSW/VIC
NSW records 179 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.0135 (from 0.9784) while the actual line is just above the predictive trend line which is now a 6th order polynomial.

VIC records 918 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9912 (from 0.9917) while the actual line remains below the predictive trend.

Week 20 in Victoria ended today with 103,112 cases to date compared to 20,106 at the same point of the 2020 outbreak (which was almost over at this point) and 71,530 for the NSW 2021 outbreak. Weekly case numbers see Victoria with >5x more cases than NSW last week and overall case numbers for Victoria are up by 477 on last week. Note that we are comparing historical data for NSW with current data for Victoria as NSW is about 3.5 weeks ahead.

Observatio Facta Rotae

5 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2021, 01:19 PM   #16996
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT November 29th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,141 new cases for Australia and 3 deaths so the CMR is 0.955%.

184 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.376%.

The UK had 42,144 cases yesterday and 35 deaths for a CMR of 1.421%.

128,281 new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,278 deaths sees CMR at 1.627%.

Other notable points:

Global cases pass 262M, the last 1M in 2 days;
Europe passes 73M cases;
Asia passes 82M cases;
Switzerland passes 1M cases;
The USA
passes 800k deaths;

San Marino (189)

.... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Cyprus moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 01-12-2021 at 07:59 AM.
Old 30-11-2021, 01:22 PM   #16997
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
NSW/VIC
NSW records 179 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.0135 (from 0.9784) while the actual line is just above the predictive trend line which is now a 6th order polynomial.

VIC records 918 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9912 (from 0.9917) while the actual line remains below the predictive trend.

Week 20 in Victoria ended today with 103,112 cases to date compared to 20,106 at the same point of the 2020 outbreak (which was almost over at this point) and 71,530 for the NSW 2021 outbreak. Weekly case numbers see Victoria with >5x more cases than NSW last week and overall case numbers for Victoria are up by 477 on last week. Note that we are comparing historical data for NSW with current data for Victoria as NSW is about 3.5 weeks ahead.

Hard for me to understand the difference in case numbers between NSW and Vic. What is the difference given similar vax rates? Is it the weather? Something else?
Old 30-11-2021, 01:22 PM   #16998
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Why are Victoria's numbers being so stubborn?

There's a recent article by Monash Uni I missed that discusses possibilities and links to some earlier research:

Why did Sydney’s COVID case numbers fall faster than Melbourne’s? Climate may offer clues

https://theconversation.com/why-did-...r-clues-171592

Earlier from ANU:

Why has Victoria struggled more than NSW with COVID? To a demographer, they’re not that different

https://theconversation.com/why-has-...fferent-161996

And from RMIT and UNSW suggesting that it is Melbourne's more manufacturing workforce as opposed to Sydney's white-collar that allowed more people to isolate and work from home in Sydney during the outbreaks:

Mapping COVID-19 spread in Melbourne shows link to job types and ability to stay home

https://theconversation.com/mapping-...ay-home-143610
Old 30-11-2021, 01:45 PM   #16999
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
Hard for me to understand the difference in case numbers between NSW and Vic. What is the difference given similar vax rates? Is it the weather? Something else?
I think FairmontGS probably has nailed the answer and we quite possibly have more nutters in this State than NSW does.

I found a certain irony in the fact that of the 19 people confirmed with COVID19 after the rally last week, one was fully vaccinated and two had a single dose so they clearly weren't all anti-vaxxers!

Observatio Facta Rotae

6 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2021, 02:19 PM   #17000
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not sure who was speaking at the time, but heard on the radio that it could be due to the timing of when VIC and NSW re-opened. Vic re-opened with a much higher case count, and hence it has hovered around that mark.

Rides (past and present)

Old 30-11-2021, 02:29 PM   #17001
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
I think FairmontGS probably has nailed the answer and we quite possibly have more nutters in this State than NSW does.

I found a certain irony in the fact that of the 19 people confirmed with COVID19 after the rally last week, one was fully vaccinated and two had a single dose so they clearly weren't all anti-vaxxers!
I know of three rabid anti-vaxxers that are fully vaccinated, they just didn't want to lose their high paying jobs over it.......they're out there.

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
3 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2021, 03:40 PM   #17002
yakcam
I drank what?

I met an anti-vaxxer over the weekend and asked him about doing Christmas shopping. He pulled out his phone and showed me his fake vax cert. It was identical to my genuine one with the animated tick and moving coat of arms. I think it's going to be next to impossible to create a proof of vax cert without someone being able to replicate it.
Old 30-11-2021, 03:45 PM   #17003
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Good to see we're making progress on the self-sufficiency front:

Victoria creates Australia’s first mRNA vaccine

Victorian scientists have created Australia's first mRNA vaccine, which could be adjusted to fight off aggressive new COVID-19 variants.

The new vaccine was created in Melbourne within five months by Monash University researchers, pharmaceutical manufacturer IDT Australia and the Doherty Institute.

It will now be subject to clinical trials and regulatory approvals.

About 450 doses have been produced at the Boronia site for phase one clinical trials from January, with results expected later in 2022.

Full story here.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
2 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2021, 03:45 PM   #17004
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

yakcam: He might be a vaccinated anti-vaxxer.
3 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2021, 04:45 PM   #17005
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351
I know of three rabid anti-vaxxers that are fully vaccinated, they just didn't want to lose their high paying jobs over it.......they're out there.
I know a few antivaxxers at work who have been vaccinated; their BS logic does my head in with their crap. They only got vaccinated to just hold their top paying jobs and whinge every day like no end.
We live in the 21st century with people thinking like troglodyte's.
3 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2021, 05:44 PM   #17006
yakcam
I drank what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
It certainly is possible, but his wife and son were very anti too and refuse to get vaccinated... apparently. Okay, now this is messing with my head...
Old 30-11-2021, 06:33 PM   #17007
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
I know a few antivaxxers at work who have been vaccinated; their BS logic does my head in with their crap. They only got vaccinated to just hold their top paying jobs and whinge every day like no end.
If you're vaxxed then you're not an anti-vaxxer, that's a tautology. You're just an annoying wastrel.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2021, 08:56 PM   #17008
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
They think like troglodytes because they sleep under bridges!
Old 30-11-2021, 10:55 PM   #17009
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
I have a gut feeling that certain countries or states around the world will be hearing ''Nuremberg'' in due time.

"Compulsory vaccination is a violation of the Nuremberg code and hence a war crime"

Seriously?

1. It's not compulsory

2. A war is where people fight each other, how can you have a war crime if there is no war.

Cute play on words by the original YT poster.............Jooish Queistchon

Last edited by russellw; 01-12-2021 at 08:25 AM.
Old 30-11-2021, 11:44 PM   #17010
zilo
BANNED

Got my third vaccine three days ago in Covid infested victoria.

Told me that 5 months was long enough...can have Pfizer, AZ or Moderna...they don't care any more.

Went for Pfizer.

Now glowing in the dark with all sorts of monkey juice.

Also tried the new DIY covid tests from chemist...$15.

Just be warned the instructions are in Chinglish....when you mix it up pour it in the hole marked ''S" ...doesn't say that anywhere....

Anyway have to wait tll the 15th to get back to tassie....reason for using DIY? If I test positive with the PCR kit they lock me up god knows where for a fortnight....

with the DIY kit they don't know....

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Closed Thread