Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 13-11-2021, 09:54 PM   #16771
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Evaluation of the Pfizer Covid-19 Vaccine in Children 5-11 Years
Method A phase 1, dose-finding study and an ongoing phase 2–3 randomized trial are being conducted to investigate the safety, immunogenicity, and efficacy of two doses of the BNT162b2 vaccine administered 21 days apart in children 6 M to 11 years of age. Note that this study was funded by Pfizer but has been peer reviewed.

We present results for 5-to-11-year-old children. In the phase 2–3 trial, participants were randomly assigned in a 2:1 ratio to receive two doses of either the BNT162b2 vaccine at the dose level identified during the open-label phase 1 study or placebo. Immune responses 1 month after the second dose of BNT162b2 were immunologically bridged to those in 16-to-25-year-olds from the pivotal trial of two 30-μg doses of BNT162b2. Vaccine efficacy against Covid-19 at 7 days or more after the second dose was assessed.

Results: During the phase 1 study, a total of 48 children 5 to 11 years of age received 10 μg, 20 μg, or 30 μg of the BNT162b2 vaccine (16 children at each dose level). On the basis of reactogenicity and immunogenicity, a dose level of 10 μg was selected for further study. In the phase 2–3 trial, a total of 2,268 children were randomly assigned to receive the BNT162b2 vaccine (1,517 children) or placebo (751 children). At data cut-off, the median follow-up was 2.3 months.

In the 5-to-11-year-olds, as in other age groups, the BNT162b2 vaccine had a favourable safety profile. No vaccine-related serious adverse events were noted. One month after the second dose, the geometric mean ratio of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) neutralizing titers in 5-to-11-year-olds to those in 16-to-25-year-olds was 1.04 [CI 0.93 to 1.18], a ratio meeting the prescribed immunogenicity success criterion. Covid-19 with onset 7 days or more after the second dose was reported in three recipients of the BNT162b2 vaccine and in sixteen placebo recipients for a vaccine efficacy of 90.7% [CI, 67.7 to 98.3].
Any stats on how many kids in that age group have fallen severely ill due to Covid? Or evidence of long Covid?

Just had word that my sis in the US has booked my nephew and niece in for their jabs. Nephew is 9, niece is 6. Can't say I'm too thrilled to be honest, and I told her so.......I'd much rather they wait a few months and see how the current rounds go. I'm saying this not with an anti vax stance (I've had both jabs of pfizer), but I did have a bit of a reaction 3 weeks after my first jab. They are keen to head to New York for Christmas, and NY is experiencing ~5000 cases a day, and hence why the "rush" to get it

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
This user likes this post:
Old 13-11-2021, 10:19 PM   #16772
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
I'm saying this not with an anti vax stance (I've had both jabs of pfizer), but I did have a bit of a reaction 3 weeks after my first jab. They are keen to head to New York for Christmas, and NY is experiencing ~5000 cases a day, and hence why the "rush" to get it
3 Weeks ? seems rather a long time for a reaction, what was the problem?
Old 13-11-2021, 10:30 PM   #16773
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
3 Weeks ? seems rather a long time for a reaction, what was the problem?
After 3rd week, on a few nights, I woke up in the middle of the night and could feel my heart beating. It wasn't beating fast, but I could feel it. Wasn't until the 4th week that I decided to go see the doc, by then it had gone. Anyhow, they gave me a ECG test and found nothing abnormal. Doc put it down to "heart awareness" Got my 2nd jab on week 5. That was back in July? No issues since. Can still lift and cardio as I did before.

One of Dad's friend also mentioned she had the same symptoms, but after 2nd week. Except hers sounded worse, she described it as "heart palpitation". Mine wasn't beating fast, but I could feel it. I know my body, I'm 100% sure it was a reaction, but its all good now.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 14-11-2021, 12:37 PM   #16774
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT November 13th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,468 new cases for Australia and 4 deaths so the CMR finally drops below 1% to 0.996%.

176 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.389%.

The UK had 37,669 cases yesterday and 157 deaths for a CMR of 1.500%.

110,485 new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,258 deaths sees CMR at 1.636%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Russia passes 5M cases;
Europe records a third consecutive day over 500k cases;

Slovakia (7,244); and
Austria (13,152)

.... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and Turkey drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2021, 12:52 PM   #16775
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

NSW/VIC
NSW records 195 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9685 (from 1.0550) while the actual line falls below the predictive trend line.

VIC records 905 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9780 (from 1.0364) while the actual line falls below the predictive trend which has been changed back to a 3rd order line.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2021, 01:02 PM   #16776
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
After 3rd week, on a few nights, I woke up in the middle of the night and could feel my heart beating. It wasn't beating fast, but I could feel it. Wasn't until the 4th week that I decided to go see the doc, by then it had gone. Anyhow, they gave me a ECG test and found nothing abnormal. Doc put it down to "heart awareness" Got my 2nd jab on week 5. That was back in July? No issues since. Can still lift and cardio as I did before.

One of Dad's friend also mentioned she had the same symptoms, but after 2nd week. Except hers sounded worse, she described it as "heart palpitation". Mine wasn't beating fast, but I could feel it. I know my body, I'm 100% sure it was a reaction, but its all good now.
Hey T3 those are pretty vague symptoms mate, my 2 Pfizer shots both times gave me untreatable insomnia the night of the shot, my normal sleepers did nothing, and 2 weeks after each shot I received an email asking me to do a review, it was pretty comprehensive too, but I mentioned insomnia, and I have lots of health issues but nothing stood out to me as being vaccine related, maybe a reasonably healthy person would notice a difference, I don't think I noticed anything abnormal!

But you survived it which is good, my eldest brother had a stroke months after his AZ vaccine, his wife and daughter are ok.
They pinpointed the vaccine as the cause, but he is recovering ok, considering!
Old 14-11-2021, 01:24 PM   #16777
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Hey T3 those are pretty vague symptoms mate, my 2 Pfizer shots both times gave me untreatable insomnia the night of the shot, my normal sleepers did nothing, and 2 weeks after each shot I received an email asking me to do a review, it was pretty comprehensive too, but I mentioned insomnia, and I have lots of health issues but nothing stood out to me as being vaccine related, maybe a reasonably healthy person would notice a difference, I don't think I noticed anything abnormal!

But you survived it which is good, my eldest brother had a stroke months after his AZ vaccine, his wife and daughter are ok.
They pinpointed the vaccine as the cause, but he is recovering ok, considering!
The reason I waited a week before seeing the doc was because I didn't think it was related.....and I'm male? It wasn't until other people that we knew had reported something similar that I decided to go.

Anyway, nothing abnormal came up during the test, and there are no effects (that I know of) now, so I'm not worried for me. But if it was up to me I'd wait on the kids, but its not up to me, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Still curious to know the stats on kids getting severely ill. At the end of the day, it all comes down to risk vs reward. For adults, the pay off is clear. For kids that age? Not sure yet IMHO.

Rides (past and present)

Old 14-11-2021, 07:32 PM   #16778
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Carlton's Liam Jones announces AFL retirement after reportedly refusing COVID-19 vaccination

Quote:
Carlton's Liam Jones has announced his retirement from the AFL after reportedly refusing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination.

The Blues released a media statement on Sunday afternoon confirming Jones's retirement, without referencing his vaccination status
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-...ment/100619656
4 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2021, 07:37 PM   #16779
ford12

Is there any way of finding how many people are getting tested daily ?
Old 15-11-2021, 07:39 AM   #16780
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59283128

Imagine the bleating hearts here with this.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
5 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2021, 08:21 AM   #16781
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford12 View Post
Is there any way of finding how many people are getting tested daily ?
https://covidlive.com.au/report/daily-vaccinations/vic

Just change the vic to other states in the URL

2 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2021, 09:08 AM   #16782
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59283128

Imagine the bleating hearts here with this.
''Just wondering, how are they going to justify the ongoing hospitalizations of the vaxd?''

It's mutating into totalitarian dictatorship.

The feeble-minded don't know much about history.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2021, 09:37 AM   #16783
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
''Just wondering, how are they going to justify the ongoing hospitalizations of the vaxd?''

It's mutating into totalitarian dictatorship.

The feeble-minded don't know much about history.
The feeble minded actually understand the basic maths of the hospitalizations.

Maybe there is a youtube video that teaches basic maths for the remainder?

2 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2021, 09:41 AM   #16784
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Us freedom lovin' Central Queenslanders are in for a shock ...

My tip is that there will be one case of Covid recorded in Rocky and we'll be in lockdown over Christmas.
4 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2021, 10:30 AM   #16785
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
Us freedom lovin' Central Queenslanders are in for a shock ...

My tip is that there will be one case of Covid recorded in Rocky and we'll be in lockdown over Christmas.
Ive noticed some QLD friends on FB posting some very anti-jab stuff and good old Pauline Hanson is leading the charge with rights...Pauline bloody Hansen and human rights...OK...

Seems like QLD needs a decent lockdown to get people appreciating in inconvenience of it all.

And guess what links they post, youtube crap from "alternative" news channels.

Its almost like some QLD'er are totally oblivious about the past 2 years.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
3 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2021, 10:34 AM   #16786
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Its almost like some QLD'er are totally oblivious about the past 20 years.
Amended for accuracy.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2021, 11:00 AM   #16787
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
The feeble minded actually understand the basic maths of the hospitalizations.

Maybe there is a youtube video that teaches basic maths for the remainder?
I'm saving all my mathematic skills for the influenza cases, or lack of.

I don't need to go on YouTube for a history lesson, I have large (it varies) book collection and probably around 450 are based on WW2 alone.

Heil Pfizer.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2021, 11:54 AM   #16788
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

NSW/VIC
NSW records 195 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 0.9725 (from 0.9685) while the actual line remains below the predictive trend line.

VIC records 860 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9654 (from 0.9780) while the actual line remains below the predictive trend which has been changed back to a 3rd order line.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2021, 12:45 PM   #16789
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT November 14th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,098 new cases for Australia and 5 deaths so the CMR is 0.993%.

210 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.380%.

The UK had 36,128 cases yesterday and 63 deaths for a CMR of 1.495%.

41,107 new cases in the USA yesterday and 506 deaths sees CMR at 1.636%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Global cases pass 254M, the last 1M in 3 days;
Europe passes 68M cases;

No countries
.... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2021, 01:15 PM   #16790
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

How a disaster unfolded: Brief to Coroner sheds new light on St Basil’s deaths

Quote:
Conditions had become so horrific at St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner during its deadly COVID-19 outbreak last year that some residents tried to bash down the centre’s front door to escape the disarray and find food, former staff have told State Coroner John Cain.

Leaked documents from the police investigation, seen by The Age, provide graphic new details of the disaster that unfolded inside the Greek Orthodox Church-run home, and the chaos that ensued once a federally funded “surge” workforce entered it.

One site report compiled at the height of the outbreak in July 2020 found there was “no physical distancing [among temporary staff] … clinical waste bags lying in corridors, piled up in corridors, in residents’ rooms (left open), multiple dirty meal trays lying around [the] facility”.

A senior Northern Hospital doctor, Sandra Brown, whose team visited during this period, warned of “residents starving to death and dying of dehydration from basic care needs not being met”.

A personal care assistant at the home later told police: “There was a male resident smashing the front door trying to get out ... He was screaming about food. He was saying he was hungry.”
https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...12-p598il.html
2 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2021, 03:22 PM   #16791
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

What a damning indictment of the management at St Basil's whose namesake would surely be rolling in his grave.

Observatio Facta Rotae

5 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2021, 09:20 PM   #16792
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I hope there will be criminal charges found applicable to some of the staff - sounds terrible. What part of “care” begets degeneration to suffering and squalor in the name of “staying safe”?

I can empathise with families of residents as although not lost to Covid, my father died in aged care during the lockdown; the isolation of parties and lack of good communication leave scars no matter the cause or outcome.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2021, 10:16 PM   #16793
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nothing was learnt from Newmarch, or they just didn't care. You read some of the accounts, and its unbelievable that this can happen in our own backyard....

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/v...15-p598yh.html

On a side note, my cousin, who worked for REGIS throughout the pandemic has just left the industry. It got too much to take mentally.

Rides (past and present)

4 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2021, 10:57 PM   #16794
slowsnake
Banned

Just read the AGE article on St Basil's, can't believe what I was reading, poor bastards, no one to feed or medicate them, and no one cared one bit!
Old 16-11-2021, 10:40 AM   #16795
slowsnake
Banned

Headline claims Cop's Vaccine Claim Is Slammed!
Too much to type so just uploaded photo of main story, the whole 2 page spread is in today's West Australian newspaper.

Old 16-11-2021, 11:52 AM   #16796
leesa

People who are confident in their ability to survive the virus shouldn't be penalised and prevented from going out and living their life. If you might die from it, take your own measures to protect yourself by staying locked in your own home, quit your job, get everything delivered to your door and magic up a new way to pay for it. It's not fair that the rest of society should be held back to protect you.. just let the rest of us get on with it.

^^^ Generally spoken by those who believe in their own good health instead of vaccination. Also the cause of total outrage when applied back to them in the context of vaccine mandates.

3 users like this post:
Old 16-11-2021, 12:09 PM   #16797
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

NSW/VIC
NSW records 212 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 0.9922 (from 0.9725) while the actual line is just below the predictive trend line.

VIC records 796 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9636 (from 0.9654) while the actual line remains below the predictive trend which has been changed back to a 3rd order line.

Week 18 in Victoria ended today with 87,489 cases to date compared to 19,952 at the same point of the 2020 outbreak (which was down below 10 cases a day at this point) and 67,939 for the NSW 2021 outbreak. Weekly case numbers see Victoria with 3.5x more cases than NSW last week and overall case numbers for Victoria are slightly up (+159) on last week. Note that we are comparing historical data for NSW with current data for Victoria as NSW is about 3.5 weeks ahead.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 16-11-2021, 12:45 PM   #16798
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT November 15th 2021.

1,017 new cases for Australia and 6 deaths so the CMR is 0.990%.

174 new cases and 1 death for NZ so CMR is 0.383%.

The UK had 39,270 cases yesterday and 47 deaths for a CMR of 1.489%.

91,502 new cases in the USA yesterday and 715 deaths sees CMR at 1.634%.

Other notable points:
Europe passes 68M cases;

Netherlands (19,197)

Switzerland moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while Bosnia and Serbia drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 16-11-2021, 03:17 PM   #16799
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow...that kinda snuck up... As of end of this week, no more masks or density limits.

Victorian COVID-19 rules to ease later this week
By Paul Sakkal

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews says the state will move to eased COVID-19 restrictions later this week when the 90 per cent vaccination target is met for people aged 16 and over.

“It might be Thursday, it might be Friday,” he said. “That means we go down to masks in very sensitive settings only; public transport, hospitals, aged care, things of that nature.

“And also density quotients and other caps go, other than for the 10 very biggest venues in the state.”

Rides (past and present)

Old 16-11-2021, 03:55 PM   #16800
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Well I bin AZx2 and now I am booked in to be boostered by Fizzer.

How does that work?

And more importantly can my constitution handle it?
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread