Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 25-03-2017, 11:02 PM   #1621
zipping
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: US Presidential Elections - Boring or Important to Australia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Bullet View Post
And leave millions upon millions without healthcare?
Correct, which is why not repealing now is a political mistake as more and more people become reliant on a system that will eventually fail.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/12146/...aaron-bandler#
Old 25-03-2017, 11:59 PM   #1622
lgpking22

americans dont like it because they believe people should pay for themselves they have this distaste for supporting fellow americans there so beholden to this view that there willing to sink there country down the toilet and let people die just because people should do **** themselves there ****ing mental.
Old 26-03-2017, 12:08 AM   #1623
zipping
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgpking22 View Post
americans dont like it because they believe people should pay for themselves they have this distaste for supporting fellow americans there so beholden to this view that there willing to sink there country down the toilet and let people die just because people should do **** themselves there ****ing mental.
http://www.economist.com/news/americ...zuela-crumbles

But I'm sure next time it will work....."eventually you run out of other peoples money" - M.Thatcher

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/20/venez...se-weight.html
2 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2017, 12:19 AM   #1624
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgpking22 View Post
americans dont like it because they believe people should pay for themselves
I've been to the US around 30 times (for a month at a time) but my last trip was in 1999 so I'm not really up to speed with the current political situation.

What I do know is that "most" Americans distrust government and are firm believers in "small" govt - the smaller the better.

As a general rule they'd rather a "give us the means and let us do it ourselves" arrangement.

They just don't want government in their faces.

That mistrust of government helps explain a few things including why it is so difficult to have a rational gun debate over there.

Old 26-03-2017, 07:59 AM   #1625
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Even more fails - it's coming apart from the inside!

http://nypost.com/2017/03/22/trump-i...-ugly-secrets/

http://www.dw.com/en/constant-inform...oes/a-38080816

This user likes this post:
Old 26-03-2017, 08:57 AM   #1626
superyob
Banned

It does not matter what silly things Trump does. Hillary is not president and that is all that matters...
4 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2017, 09:18 AM   #1627
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Trump unable to guarantee any of his legislation agenda will ever get through now that "Deep State" has 40 of his own people voting against him!!!

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busi...dbebbed0d508c3

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/25/the-b...lysts-say.html

Old 26-03-2017, 09:25 AM   #1628
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Alpha pulling rank. Thought this would be one of the first processes when vetting.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/23/us-em...screening.html

Old 26-03-2017, 10:50 AM   #1629
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

I'd vote for Trump's wife
Old 26-03-2017, 11:39 AM   #1630
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
I'd vote for Trump's wife
Me too, and thanks for bringing that up

A sizeable amount of the people that hate him (Beta's and Feminists only) is because of his wealth and Family, jealous **** - just have a look at the people that attacked all his family members more than once, and targetted a 10-year-old!!!

Gotta hand it to him, he runs a tight ship - From what I can gather, his kids, having grown up around $$$$ and that 'elite' crowd, havn't got any criminal convictions, DUI's, rehab stints etc. Although I think one of them went on a powder binge for a few months.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2017, 02:49 PM   #1631
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Draft dodging Trump in trouble with real veterans!!

http://thenewdaily.com.au/news/world...flight-jacket/

Old 26-03-2017, 02:55 PM   #1632
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Draft dodging Trump in trouble with real veterans!!

http://thenewdaily.com.au/news/world...flight-jacket/

He wuz sick.

Sick in the head!
Old 26-03-2017, 03:37 PM   #1633
ronwest

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
He wuz sick.
People of wealth and privilege have always found ways of avoiding the hard yards.

I don't really have an issue with that. It's the way of the world.

In that sense, Trump is actually no different to any other wealthy, privileged person.

To be fair though, it can't be easy to not slap the butler down when one's martini is not quite dry enough.

2 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2017, 03:54 PM   #1634
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Trump actually Elmer Fudd!! Where is that wascally pwesident?

https://www.infosecurity-magazine.co...is-elmer-fudd/

Old 26-03-2017, 06:31 PM   #1635
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
]A sizeable amount of the people that hate him (Beta's and Feminists only) is because of his wealth and Family, jealous ****
What a ridiculous post. Zero credibility here.

I'll put my hand up as a Beta & Feminist, & damn proud of being both. Do you have any evidence of people who identify as these hating Trump because of his wealth, and (???) family - particularly due to jealousy?

Conspiracy-theorist nutjobs aside, where's the hate for the other richest people in the world? (of whom Trump doesn't even rub shoulders with, he's in the minor league)

I can't stand Trump because of his disgusting views and attacks on women, minorities, religions other than U-S-of-A Christianity, the poor, the sick, immigrants & asylum seekers, the environment, and foreign countries & their affairs. This just in; a US-led coalition air-strike in Mosul killed a heap of civilians, & this occurred on Trump's watch. As did a bungled drone strike in Yemen that killed civilians & a Navy SEAL back in February.

The thing I can't stand most about Trump - his consistent inconsistency with what he says and what he does (or what the media pulls him up on and his/Spicer's responses). Constant backflips or denials on concrete evidence of the contrary. Obamacare remaining whilst Trumpcare falls over is a 'uuuge blow personally to him, after stating he would easily get rid of Obamacare at the beginning of his presidency. What a joke.

Quote:
just have a look at the people that attacked all his family members more than once, and targetted a 10-year-old!!!
Targeting his 10yo son is scraping the barrel and completely unjustified.

Trump's adult children on the other hand are fair game, as are any adults on this planet; if they say or do something that is controversial or unacceptable in the realm of the general public. His adult sons have copped flak in the media for hunting endangered species, dodgy "charity" fundraising, behaviour towards female staff... His daughter Ivanka is showing promise as a future leader, his other daughter Tiffany seems to be a typical rich wild child - good for her though, as long as she doesn't impact negatively on those less fortunate.
4 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2017, 07:09 PM   #1636
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Trump publicly executes another of his key advisors as his administration implodes!!

http://www.news.com.au/world/preside...80ee38fd72b0ab

3 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2017, 08:46 PM   #1637
ronwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcflux View Post
Helps if you can distinguish between discussion and trolling.

I see a lot of the latter and not much of the former.

2 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2017, 09:54 PM   #1638
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I'll put my hand up as a Beta & Feminist, & damn proud of being both. Do you have any evidence of people who identify as these hating Trump because of his wealth, and (???) family - particularly due to jealousy?

Conspiracy-theorist nutjobs aside, where's the hate for the other richest people in the world? (of whom Trump doesn't even rub shoulders with, he's in the minor league)

I can't stand Trump because of his disgusting views and attacks on women, minorities, religions other than U-S-of-A Christianity, the poor, the sick, immigrants & asylum seekers, the environment, and foreign countries & their affairs. This just in; a US-led coalition air-strike in Mosul killed a heap of civilians, & this occurred on Trump's watch. As did a bungled drone strike in Yemen that killed civilians & a Navy SEAL back in February.

The thing I can't stand most about Trump - his consistent inconsistency with what he says and what he does (or what the media pulls him up on and his/Spicer's responses). Constant backflips or denials on concrete evidence of the contrary. Obamacare remaining whilst Trumpcare falls over is a 'uuuge blow personally to him, after stating he would easily get rid of Obamacare at the beginning of his presidency. What a joke.

Targeting his 10yo son is scraping the barrel and completely unjustified.

Trump's adult children on the other hand are fair game, as are any adults on this planet; if they say or do something that is controversial or unacceptable in the realm of the general public. His adult sons have copped flak in the media for hunting endangered species, dodgy "charity" fundraising, behaviour towards female staff... His daughter Ivanka is showing promise as a future leader, his other daughter Tiffany seems to be a typical rich wild child - good for her though, as long as she doesn't impact negatively on those less fortunate.
Repost :And his daughter got abused on a plane with her kids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q30dy5o3M8M

Then the cupcake gets confronted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML5Y9Pe5yLU

That acceptable because she's an adult?

IN regards to your drone/seal/Mosul incidents, you might want to look at the previous 3 administrations, especially how many drone-strikes Obama authorised. As for the civilians, yes it's tragic, I've been following it for years, Hell on earth - but you can't blame Trump for the tens of thousands of civilians ISIS have slaughtered (I've seen every video) just in Iraq and Syria alone. My hat goes off to those brave fighters taking the fight to them, block by block, building by building.

Anyway, the whole wiretapping/Russian collusion issue is starting to gather momentum - should be riveting!

It's either going to be ni ni time for Trump, or if he manages to dodge those bullets, heads will roll and 8 long years of pain is on the forecast.

Should be a win coming up for Trump if Neil Gorsuch gets the green light - the Democrats are going to use the 'filibuster' option so the Republicans will take the 'nuclear-option-route' - which I believe was a system introduced by the Democrats....only need 51 votes instead of 60 )
2 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2017, 10:18 PM   #1639
ronwest

Quote:

IN regards to your drone/seal/Mosul incidents, you might want to look at the previous 3 administrations, especially how many drone-strikes Obama authorised. As for the civilians, yes it's tragic, I've been following it for years, Hell on earth - but you can't blame Trump for the tens of thousands of civilians ISIS have slaughtered (I've seen every video) just in Iraq and Syria alone. My hat goes off to those brave fighters taking the fight to them, block by block, building by building.

Anyway, the whole wiretapping/Russian collusion issue is starting to gather momentum - should be riveting!

It's either going to be ni ni time for Trump, or if he manages to dodge those bullets, heads will roll and 8 long years of pain is on the forecast.

Should be a win coming up for Trump if Neil Gorsuch gets the green light - the Democrats are going to use the 'filibuster' option so the Republicans will take the 'nuclear-option-route' - which I believe was a system introduced by the Democrats....only need 51 votes instead of 60 )
Thanks for discussion points.

Old 26-03-2017, 10:49 PM   #1640
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:

Re-read what I posted.

Quote:
IN regards to your drone/seal/Mosul incidents, you might want to look at the previous 3 administrations, especially how many drone-strikes Obama authorised.
Does that make it ok for civilian deaths to continue under the Trump administration? What makes an iraqi/syrian civilian's life worth less than a US soldier's?

Quote:
As for the civilians, yes it's tragic, I've been following it for years, Hell on earth - but you can't blame Trump for the tens of thousands of civilians ISIS have slaughtered (I've seen every video) just in Iraq and Syria alone. My hat goes off to those brave fighters taking the fight to them, block by block, building by building.
I'm blaming his administration for the latest civilian deaths which occurred as a result of US/coalition firepower under his orders (or at the very least, his OK).
Old 27-03-2017, 10:39 AM   #1641
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
I'm blaming his administration for the latest civilian deaths which occurred as a result of US/coalition firepower under his orders (or at the very least, his OK).
Sadly, a massive increase in frequency, hitting record levels under Trump. Trump is the best at drone strikes. I guess he wasn't kidding when he said he would be targeting families.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7649486.html

Then his mock $300bill invoice he handed to Merkel over NATO participation. He literally has no clue how things work.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7650636.html

He's already being labelled as having the worst 100 day start to a Presidency and it's only been 60 something. Trump finally delivers something before time and under budget - his complete ineptitude. But he did get to sit in a big truck and golf most if not every weekend since being sworn in.
Old 27-03-2017, 10:54 AM   #1642
zipping
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Re-read what I posted.

Does that make it ok for civilian deaths to continue under the Trump administration? What makes an iraqi/syrian civilian's life worth less than a US soldier's?

According to CNN at 8am they don't know what happened yet and it could be as a result of ISIS leaving and setting of bombs but hey don't let your hatred of Trump prevent you from laying the blame squarely at his feet.

You rail against civilian deaths completely ignoring the death cult that has been in operation in the Middle East for sometime now.

How about you denounce people killing in the name of religion, who were already killing innocent civilians.

Do you want me to post some of the depraved videos online?

And lets face it Obama has let the ME fester for his entire presidency and now you want to blame Trump IF something went wrong.
3 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2017, 11:18 AM   #1643
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There were a bunch of Trump rallies yesterday, the majority of them were peaceful.

Here's some footage and photo's - The dog, LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roFYzxTzh1I

Say hello to Bubba for me )
3 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2017, 12:14 PM   #1644
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Angry Re: US Presidential Elections - Boring or Important to Australia?

Quote:
There were a bunch of Trump rallies yesterday, the majority of them were peaceful.

Here's some footage and photo's - The dog, LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roFYzxTzh1I

Say hello to Bubba for me )
Libtard communists doing their best to stop Democracy. Again.
Old 27-03-2017, 02:00 PM   #1645
zipping
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From CNN site

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/26/mi...kes-civilians/

"Col. Muntathar Al-Shamari, the head of the Iraqi Counterterrorism Unit in Mosul, said that, prior to the airstrike, Iraqi counterterrorism forces had asked the US-led coalition to engage an ISIS vehicle that had been loaded with explosives.
"When the (vehicle) was struck, it exploded, destroying one or two of the houses next to where families were hiding," he said."

Doubtful they would need Presidential approval for a single strike on a legitimate target in a hot battlefield.

The Iraqi military said in a statement Sunday that the home it examined had been reduced to rubble, but there was no sign of it being hit from the air. The team found a vehicle bomb and detonator in the debris. Those findings, along with witness accounts, led the team to believe that ISIS fighters had blown up the home.

Last edited by zipping; 27-03-2017 at 02:10 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2017, 09:54 AM   #1646
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipping View Post
According to CNN at 8am they don't know what happened yet and it could be as a result of ISIS leaving and setting of bombs but hey don't let your hatred of Trump prevent you from laying the blame squarely at his feet.

"Rising Civilian Deaths in Iraq

At least 1,353 civilians have been killed by American-led coalition airstrikes in Iraq, according to estimates by Airwars, a nonprofit group that monitors and assesses reports of civilian deaths from coalition airstrikes in Syria and Iraq."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/27/w...ikes.html?_r=0

Quote:
You rail against civilian deaths completely ignoring the death cult that has been in operation in the Middle East for sometime now.

How about you denounce people killing in the name of religion, who were already killing innocent civilians.
Excellent perversion of my post, A+. I am against the killing of people in the name of religion, and the killing of civilians. Are you suggesting otherwise?

Now it's your turn to denounce Remember, if you don't denounce it means you're all for it!

Quote:
Do you want me to post some of the depraved videos online?
Please, no. Why would you want to do that?

Quote:
And lets face it Obama has let the ME fester for his entire presidency and now you want to blame Trump IF something went wrong.
Agreed the ME in general suffered during the time of the Obama administration. However it was a previous Republican administration that created the bulk of the hot mess that exists today, and I again refer to the dramatic increase in civilian deaths from airstrikes since Trump took office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipping
I like how CoupeKing & Peterwl, who have both previously denounced CNN, like Zipping's latter post which contains CNN material...

As for the President's involvement - he's at the top of the chain. He is not the proximate cause when it comes to airstrikes, but the responsibility/the ultimate cause rests with him whilst he is the leader of the Administration.
Old 28-03-2017, 11:15 AM   #1647
zipping
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
"Rising Civilian Deaths in Iraq

At least 1,353 civilians have been killed by American-led coalition airstrikes in Iraq, according to estimates by Airwars, a nonprofit group that monitors and assesses reports of civilian deaths from coalition airstrikes in Syria and Iraq."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/27/w...ikes.html?_r=0

Excellent perversion of my post, A+. I am against the killing of people in the name of religion, and the killing of civilians. Are you suggesting otherwise?

Now it's your turn to denounce Remember, if you don't denounce it means you're all for it!

Please, no. Why would you want to do that?

Agreed the ME in general suffered during the time of the Obama administration. However it was a previous Republican administration that created the bulk of the hot mess that exists today, and I again refer to the dramatic increase in civilian deaths from airstrikes since Trump took office.

I like how CoupeKing & Peterwl, who have both previously denounced CNN, like Zipping's latter post which contains CNN material...

As for the President's involvement - he's at the top of the chain. He is not the proximate cause when it comes to airstrikes, but the responsibility/the ultimate cause rests with him whilst he is the leader of the Administration.
According to CNN, who are not the bastion of right wing bias, that this was at worst an accident and at best ISIS deliberately setting off a bomb and the airstrike was at the request of those on the ground.

And yet you have trouble backing away from blaming Trump.
Old 28-03-2017, 11:39 AM   #1648
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Draft-dodging Trump claims to be working weekends but is actually playing golf!!

http://www.smh.com.au/world/fox-news...27-gv7sgy.html

Old 28-03-2017, 11:41 AM   #1649
zipping
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The hard question is did you hold Obama/Democrats or anyone on the left to the same standards you seek to impose on Trump through your criticisms of him?

Only you can answer that but I suspect that the answer is no.

It's the side that matters and not the principle,
2 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2017, 11:42 AM   #1650
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Gallup: Trump’s approval rating is lower than Obama’s ever was!!

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...ump-obama-poll

3 users like this post:
Closed Thread