Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #121
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

Default Re: Chrysler to Join V8 Supercars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
i will give you an iron clad guarantee - if you go to bathurst to watch anything that resembles v8 supercars or car of the future, you will make a mess in the most embarrasing place on your body

while at the track, no one cares - or at least should care about the exact specifications of the cars. a v8 powered machine, that dances around that thin piece of black stuff that is called bathurst . . . . . there ain't many things better

it is just the most awesome place in the world. indy, daytona, le mans, spa may all be awesome in their own way, but walk one lap around bathurst, and then watch from as many points as possible and the specification of those cars will mean nothing

you "will" enjoy it
That's the plan! (But now I want to look into the 12-hour race.)
Old 31-01-2012, 01:01 AM   #122
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On the radio news today they were talking about this and said Chrysler were in talks to enter their 300cc.
Well I don't think 300cc will cut the mustard, maybe a 300c is what he meant.
Old 31-01-2012, 08:05 AM   #123
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Oh look...

Australian Manufacturers Championship/Australian Production Car Championship

Isn't that what you want the V8 supercars to change to? A catagory alread in place in Australia?

I think what they are trying to say is that yes...we know it's there... ...it's just a shame that no one is giving it the advertising and/or tv / media coverage it deserves as being more akin to the 'Bathusrt of old' than the current formula style racing has evolved into (and yes, has been that way for...quite a while now).

The current V8SC Formula racing is still good racing, no mistake. But it's hard to give my allegiance to a brand and driver that...continually change and have nothing to do with what I want to buy at the showroom. Hence, my (and, others it would seem) waning interest. 25 Makybe Divas' and 'musical jockeys'

There's not many cars at the pointy end of the Production Series that don't have AWD or at least one turbo and are a tad more reliable and less fragile than 'others' through R & D from production car racing, rally, Tarmac and the like. Ford have some great potential in their stable and production class is just the ticket to making them better (read: more reliable)...but...there's less money in Production Series now than ever.

If Ford Eurpoe had of engineered the current Focus RS into an AWD lightweight like it's WRC winning (nay: dominating) predecessors, it would have been the perfect 'Class Match' to take the fight up.

I, for one would prefer to see an F6/GT dogging it out with an Evo/ Sti at the pointy end, than watch a Commode Station Wagon take the fight up on our behalf....wouldn't you?

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2012, 08:26 AM   #124
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Vic
That's the plan! (But now I want to look into the 12-hour race.)
it is ok, but it ain't bathurst

if you are in the country when the 12 hour is on, by all means go and have a look, but i personally wouldn't plan a trip around it. the 1000 is all you need to see

i guess it would be like me travelling to the states. i would go in may. memorial day is all that would matter to me. if the rolex or others were on at the same time, then i might go to them, but there is only one race that is worth travelling to the other side of the world for - and like indy (or maybe daytona depending on taste) bathurst is

disclaimer: there is only 1 bathurst - the 1000km race in october. the 12 hour and the rest are just events held in country nsw
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #125
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo
You do know the yawn fests rules are so heavily regulated that if they use pushrods or ohc it won't make a difference. A 5.0 ohv pushing out a reliable 650 hp is nothing to sneeze at anyway.
Chrysler will be the case of same shyte different body style. Bring back group A.
Yes. I want to see the cars we drive racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3man
V8 what? Supercars? WTF is that. Got so bored by it how many years ago now it's simply "who cares" to most people these days. I don't understand why Channel 7910??? even broadcast it - don't they realise no-one is watching?
Someone must watch because they pack that many ad's in.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #126
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
it is ok, but it ain't bathurst

if you are in the country when the 12 hour is on, by all means go and have a look, but i personally wouldn't plan a trip around it. the 1000 is all you need to see

i guess it would be like me travelling to the states. i would go in may. memorial day is all that would matter to me. if the rolex or others were on at the same time, then i might go to them, but there is only one race that is worth travelling to the other side of the world for - and like indy (or maybe daytona depending on taste) bathurst is

disclaimer: there is only 1 bathurst - the 1000km race in october. the 12 hour and the rest are just events held in country nsw
I see that the 12-hour race is less than a month from now, so I won't be making that!
Old 31-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #127
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

And its on thursday the 26th....I have thursdays off work....

Bit to far to drive down wednesday night though. :(

Current:
2012 Ford Focus Sport - Petrol/Manual/Black
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #128
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

But I just ordered my ticket for the 12 Hours of Sebring. It's on St. Patrick's Day this year. I suspect beer may be consumed.