Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-04-2010, 02:54 PM   #121
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert65
I was told, before Holden released the sportswagon, that ford sell more cars to the public and that holden do most of there sales through Holden leasing, not sure how much truth is in that.
Up until recently Ford was selling more Aussie built cars in oz then Holden was. (Terri made sure of this).
The wagon really didn't do much to the Commodore sales (yet I'm sure someone will tell me otherwise), they are not selling close to 5000 sedan and wagons a month any more. But I dont have access to Vfacts any more to see who is selling more Aussie cars in oz.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #122
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFZ Wagon
Sorry, I just wanted to clear something up. It was actually Ford Canada (which at the time was a separate entity to Ford USA) who set up Ford Australia back in the 1920's.
Sorry to nitpick, but just wanted to fix that misconception that people always seem to have that it was started by the 'American'/US company.
That is correct...

I also remember reading somewhere (I think perhaps in Steve Bedwell's book) that the design of the Geelong Plant was based exactly on architectual drawings that Henry Ford paid for to build the Canadian plant...

The buildings are exactly the same, including the engineering to deal with the cold climate in Canada...

Which means that if there is ever 3 feet of snow in Geelong (read:UNLIKELY) that the roof will certainly be able to cope with the extra weight...
Classic story!
Old 09-04-2010, 05:21 PM   #123
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default If only Holden brought this little gem out here

That really is a good looking ride with or without the rideheight/dished stockies
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2010, 05:25 PM   #124
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting to note lying down while driving isn't peculiar to Australian bogans...
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #125
Falcman0o7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquilized
Interesting to note lying down while driving isn't peculiar to Australian bogans...

LOL! Na they sit on the floor here!
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2010, 09:36 PM   #126
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
You have come to AFF to SETTLE an arguement....????????

As stated above there is plenty of ammo about. I remember when the commos first came out how Holden actually pushed the european design theme being superior to Falcon etc.
I was just about to mention the "Euro Styling" marketing push
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post