Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 27-07-2021, 06:15 AM   #12841
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Thanks for everyone's feedback on my posting style and my perceived personality

For the record, the reason I get assertive? Trolls making mischief, senseless arguing, baiting etc, quick to blame others but all pizzy when the tables are turned

When I challenge a point of view I am seen as a mischief maker by some - in real life I have always made people accountable for their actions and words

And if you met me in real life you will meet the same person as I am here, I have lots of good close friends, we don't always agree but we remain solid friends, I debate the same with them as I do here. One real good mate is so diagonally opposite to me on this issue its no funny, but we are still rock solid mates

Have a nice day
6 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2021, 06:32 AM   #12842
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mont5.0 View Post
Any reports of appendages growing?

asking for a friend.
Unfortunately the reverse is true

or so a close friend told me

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
2 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2021, 06:45 AM   #12843
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
I can assure you Trev, I do not behave like you do and never will but I will question when one "assumes" or say I'm reading between the lines what Premiers say as if you know, if I recall right you posted in this same thread not long ago of reporting buggalugs so pot calling the kettle black.
By the way, I appreciated those posts deleted because I was embarrassed by the behaviour.

Lets agree to ignore each other for the good of all, it seems others feel similar.

May you stay safe and the family - hope your ok.
I got reported ????? Who was it . Bet it was that 888 loving Bent bloke......
3 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2021, 08:27 AM   #12844
slowsnake
Banned

I have an older brother in the UK, he has just come through a 7 year battle with cancer, he is all clear thankfully and had good support from his wife Colette.
I told him I refused AZ vaccine, this is his email to me last week, I have included whole email so it doesn't look like a cut and paste from internet,

Hello Billy,
You sound fighting fit! 🙂
Communication between my surgeon, oncologist, reconstructive dentist, neurologist, cardiologist and GP is very slow. I book prescriptions and appointments online but they communicate with each other by letter and I get copies weeks after the events. Good news is my cancer surgeon and oncologist have discharged me from their care. I have (hopefully) final dental surgery in August for an implant. I am waiting for cardiology and EEG/scan appointments but not a big deal for these.
Colette and I have both had two Astra Zeneca jabs, no problems with either and no issues with infections so far (lockdowns should be lifted today!).
In my humble opinion, the problem with the vaccines is that big pharma companies (such as Pfizer and Moderna) are ****ed that AZ have offered their vaccine patent for free and are selling their vaccine at cost. The big pharmas are making obscene profits, Pfizer have been pushing for a 3rd booster jab in the UK and US with no clear evidence for it.
Pfizer were lobbying against AZ in the EU, paying the politicians handsomely to support the blood clot scaremongering whilst forgetting to mention their own issues with myocarditis (look it up).
The AZ vaccine technology, a viral vector vaccine, is proven in practice with the flu vaccines, which we also have every year.
The long-term effects of mRNA vaccines are unknown, not sure that I want them to mess with my DNA, so I was happy to have the AZ.
By the way, AZ make a lot in Speke in their Vaccine Centre, I worked there for a while in the 1970’s when it was owned by Evans Medical (scary place), I was involved in tetanus vaccine and at least one scientist died from infection.
Anyway, not trying to influence you but just suggesting wide research from outside the big pharmas stories.
Cheers
Dave

Sent from my IPad

Cheers Billy
3 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2021, 08:32 AM   #12845
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting Billy - it is good to get others logical perceptions
This user likes this post:
Old 27-07-2021, 09:07 AM   #12846
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
Yes it is Trev, well earlier in this thread there was stuff going on and one of the Mods asked for these types of opinions, personal stuff, not State of Origin infighting etc!
My elder brother Dave and family are Vegans, social drinkers and non smokers, he worked for GE for 30 years from the UK, he was a diamond buyer, for their industrial abrasives division, and their Lexen sheet, he was sales director for England, Europe and Canada, he very smart, I trust his comments as being well researched and correct.

Cheers Billy.
Old 27-07-2021, 09:28 AM   #12847
HIPO
Al

Quote:
Its ALWAYS about the money!
2 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2021, 09:59 AM   #12848
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO View Post
Its ALWAYS about the money!
You know what, I'm glad I was born to a poor working class family in Liverpool England, both my elder brothers are multi millionaires, and they remember how hard dad worked ( 5 jobs ) I always said to him, one for each kid eh pop!
But he taught us well, and we were according to my mother ( brought up, not dragged up )
My brother in England owns one house in rural Cheshire, all from long hard hours of work, he and his wife,
My other brother has a 5 bedroom house 2 klm from Ocean reef marina, and a 5 bedroom holiday home at Nth Yunderup, he just sold 3 years ago his CV Joint business and retired, he even owned the building and the one next door, he is a toolmaker by trade and both brothers are workaholics, both carry pacemakers in their chests, from stress.

I look up to them for one reason, they never got into the house rental market, they like me remember our very hard upbringing, and like me realise that everyone more poor than rich have certain needs to sustain some semblance of life, shelter, clothes, food and water!...the basics in any society, I feel sorry for folk who get rich monetarily but are poor morally and ethically.

Housing or shelter is almost like the stock market, housing is not a commercial commodity to be traded to the one with most money, too many rich outsiders come to Australia to buy up anything that's not nailed down, I am happy in my one bedroom community housing unit, I have real neighbours too, I know all their names, when I was in hospital I had 7 people looking out for my cat, and when I got out, each neighbour cooked me a meal, of my choice while I recuperated!

That's what living is, or should be, but its very rare now to even know their names, but greedy selfish folk who love money more than life are ruining the Australian dream, that's long gone, lucky bugger me

Cheers Willy
Old 27-07-2021, 10:06 AM   #12849
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
Fox, I don't look back, no point, my family complies what needs to be done, finger pointing and puffing the chest out won't help anything or change anything re the Gov/Health leaders who we're relying on, and our own fellow citizen actions.
I feel for those who are honestly suffering, family members in dier need of support, school kids and parenting, loss of jobs/business's etcetc, its a vicious domino effect all over with a copious amounts of calateral damage that in many case's won't even be known or reported.
Talk about a massive re set what once was pre covid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS
Mmmm. Your question only serves to provide a further opening for the state vs state debate.
Soz, FTE, I missed your reply.

Again, I'll try and make this clear, my question was based around wondering what the people of Sydney thought of the way this outbreak was handled, and whether, by looking at the way other jurisdictions (not just states of Australia), they would prefer it be handled differently if there is another wave. The reason why a state v state comparison here is appropriate is that the outbreak occurred at a very similar time in each state, each state handled the outbreak slightly differently and looks as though each state will come our of those restrictions at different times. Therefore, there is good opportunity to have a 'like for like' comparison.

For Fairmont, my question will only be used to further the debate of state v state by those who choose to use it that way. It is not my intent at all by asking the question.

To respond to your point of view, FTE, the purpose of looking back is to be able to learn from your experiences and be able to improve for next time. I conduct root cause analyses at work for that very reason. If we weren't able to learn from our previous experiences, we'd most likely continue to see the same issues arise again and again. The saying "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" (not Albert Einstein by the way!) rings true here.

All I'm after is some insight as to whether you Sydney-siders, if you were to go into a restrictive period again, would prefer to have similar restrictions to what you have now or would you prefer to go into more restrictive restrictions and potentially come out of it earlier? Or less restrictive and a longer period?

To add some balance to the question (and potentially remove the state v state argument), how do people in regions other than Sydney feel? Less restrictions, but longer period or more restrictions and shorter period?

I hope that helps clarify the basis of my question.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
2 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2021, 10:11 AM   #12850
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have we had many Sydney-siders tell us they are feeling about the success (or not) of their lock-down? I haven't seen any yet
Old 27-07-2021, 10:29 AM   #12851
MrEL
Sick Puppy

The lockdown in Sydney really isn't working because of the people who are choosing to ignore it and the government is not coming down on such people hard enough.
The people that are not taking notice of it are from both ends of society. The cashed up , rules don't apply to me , I'm above them and also the dirt poor who are living off government money and everything is someone else's responsibility.
Us working idiots in the middle are the ones doing the right thing and paying for the morons who arnt.
Personally just shut everything down hard for 2 weeks , have the army patrolling the streets and get it finished.
Not this half arsed , fluffy , politically driven train crash we are in now.
6 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2021, 10:36 AM   #12852
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEL View Post
The lockdown in Sydney really isn't working because of the people who are choosing to ignore it and the government is not coming down on such people hard enough.
The people that are not taking notice of it are from both ends of society. The cashed up , rules don't apply to me , I'm above them and also the dirt poor who are living off government money and everything is someone else's responsibility.
Us working idiots in the middle are the ones doing the right thing and paying for the morons who arnt.
Personally just shut everything down hard for 2 weeks , have the army patrolling the streets and get it finished.
Not this half arsed , fluffy , politically driven train crash we are in now.
Thanks for replying, it is good to know that people are saying what I have heard from relations I have that live up there
Old 27-07-2021, 10:49 AM   #12853
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Have we had many Sydney-siders tell us they are feeling about the success (or not) of their lock-down? I haven't seen any yet
Hey Trev, as a Victorian I say don't goad, if I have learnt one thing in the last 18 months, is that this thing has karma, a "welly welly" bad karma. Social Media is focusing on all the people prancing around Bondi and Coogee, but there are A LOT of people suffering in those locked LGAs. (edit: just saw you have relatives up there so you already know.)

My thoughts from the very start is that it appears NSW are buttering up their people with a "live with it" strategy, and I still think that it will be the eventuality. Health Hazzard let the cat out of the bag early. Everyone will have their opinion on whether it is the right or wrong strategy, who knows? But what we do know is that National Cabinet agreed to a zero suppression strategy, so going rogue (if they do) is not a good thing for the nation as a whole. IMHO.

The federal gov for NSW seems to have refocused all their efforts into one area, so much so they have premiers Marshall from SA and Gunner from NT, starting to ask questions of their own party. It has grown a little bigger than state vs state. The disunity is not good thing for anyone in any state.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 27-07-2021, 11:01 AM   #12854
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ouch........

‘This matter is closed’: Sydney removalists who brought Delta to Melbourne won’t be charged

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...27-p58d8e.html

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 27-07-2021, 11:06 AM   #12855
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Ouch........

‘This matter is closed’: Sydney removalists who brought Delta to Melbourne won’t be charged

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...27-p58d8e.html
that is **** - toothless tigers
Old 27-07-2021, 11:09 AM   #12856
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Hey Trev, as a Victorian I say don't goad, if I have learnt one thing in the last 18 months, is that this thing has karma, a "welly welly" bad karma. Social Media is focusing on all the people prancing around Bondi and Coogee, but there are A LOT of people suffering in those locked LGAs. (edit: just saw you have relatives up there so you already know.)

My thoughts from the very start is that it appears NSW are buttering up their people with a "live with it" strategy, and I still think that it will be the eventuality. Health Hazzard let the cat out of the bag early. Everyone will have their opinion on whether it is the right or wrong strategy, who knows? But what we do know is that National Cabinet agreed to a zero suppression strategy, so going rogue (if they do) is not a good thing for the nation as a whole. IMHO.

The federal gov for NSW seems to have refocused all their efforts into one area, so much so they have premiers Marshall from SA and Gunner from NT, starting to ask questions of their own party. It has grown a little bigger than state vs state. The disunity is not good thing for anyone in any state.
King Boris of the UK has done similar and it is apparently working for them, there is trend down in infection numbers but I am hearing 85 - 95% of people have been vaccinated

If that is going to be tried here then we need a LOT more people vaccinated, so I guess that makes the request coming of NSW for more vaccines (in fact other States vaccines) starting to make sense, if that is their plan
Old 27-07-2021, 11:35 AM   #12857
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At least 30% of UK adult population has not been vaccinated apparently.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
Old 27-07-2021, 11:50 AM   #12858
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

The end goal is the same for everyone, to live with it, but until we have the majority of people vaccinated we are not in a position to live with it yet and this is the mistake NSW has made, the people are not ready for their strategy to work.

From a personal perspective, lockdown could not have come at a better time, after last years extended restrictions on school sports etc. It affected my industry in an interesting way. For months schools were prevented from conducting sports carnivals and excursions and so our buses sat idle.
Once things kicked off again we were inundated with work as much of those events contribute to curriculum assessments so they can't just abandon them.
We were fair dinkum flatout, infact I earnt more over the 20/21 financial year than I did in any of the previous years since entering the industry.

Fast forward to Feb 2021 and it was like schools were so scared of another lockdown mid year that they tried to squeeze as much in as possible early, this has meant another 6 months of head down **** up getting them back and forth.

As some may know, I lost my best mate of 30+ years in mid May and despite taking a week off to grieve, with funeral arrangements and cleaning up his unit i didnt really get around to grieving as I needed to.
3 weeks ago I arranged a weekend away to Barmera for all his friends and family that we camped with regularly, about 20 of us. It was good to get away but again I found myself so busy accommodating everyone's needs that I again failed to find time for my needs and came home feeling exhausted.

When school holiday OSHC finished work slows down for a few days as school proper gets underway again so I had no work until the following Wednesday, I took this opportunity to secure a cabin in Barmera and disappeared for 3 nights for some me time, I grabbed a 6 pack of scotch and sat on the banks of Lake Bonney and just howled as I let it all out.

I returned to Adelaide last Tuesday just in time for lockdown and whilst I felt much better in myself and ready to tackle the rest of the school year, there were so many things around home that I'd neglected that another week off has been a blessing as I've been able to complete or progress heaps of projects.
To me, so long as its short and sharp, having a lockdown is like hitting the reset button, things look much brighter on the other side.
4 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2021, 11:56 AM   #12859
.:4:.
Kicking back

Being in sydney, yes the restrictions are a pain but my attitude is they'll remain untill people atleast stop the counter productive things like protests which effectively drag out what they are protesting. But the 1 person who i know who has been affected the worse with these restrictions is my brother. He's not ever in the best mental state, but not being able to go on social motorbike rides etc has really taken a toll on him. He cannot work either. He is a martial arts instructor, and the people he works with, people he instructs, theyre almost a second family to him. They keep him in check.
At the end of the day i cannot speak ill of the government as i dont have any better ideas. The way i choose to look at it is if medical advisors were incompetant they wouldnt be high profile medical advisors. And hindsight, well theres no point looking at the past and crying that it could have been done differently. Its one of those unknowns that no one knew instantly how to deal with the situation effectively, even if one mob did a better job, you dont know untill after the fact.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2021, 12:12 PM   #12860
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I'm wondering if Sydney numbers will pass 200 in the coming days after the shenanigans over the weekend?

I'm in Sydney, smack bang in the middle of one if the LGA's ordered to stay home.

There are noticeably less people out and about. Perhaps the message is finally sinking in??

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 27-07-2021, 12:20 PM   #12861
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The numbers are certainly going up which is not what anyone wants

Dan just did a media conference, seems things will ease a fair bit from tonight

He did say they are tightening the border bubble' to exclude some NSW places that have been included in the border bubble in the past, just too risky, he said, basically he said it is due to the fact there is no 'ring of steel' around Sydney so it has left them with no ptopion, places like Wagga etc
Old 27-07-2021, 12:27 PM   #12862
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

The Sydney venues of exposure are shifting in profile, cafés and chicken shops are tailing off. Butcheries and niche or small supermarkets are notably present.

The potential problem I alluded to a few days back, looks set to lock in a period of high infection rates - our massive number of older style unit blocks where it’s simply not possible to have full time staff ensuring safe passage of residents and their services without viral transmission.
Old 27-07-2021, 12:30 PM   #12863
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
I'm wondering if Sydney numbers will pass 200 in the coming days after the shenanigans over the weekend....
Word on the news is there's more been planed for next weekend

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 27-07-2021, 12:39 PM   #12864
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT July 26th 2021.

Note
: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

167 new cases for Australia and 0 deaths so the CMR is 2.775%.

1 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.908%.

The UK had a lower 24,386 cases yesterday and lower 14 deaths for a CMR of 2.257%.

A higher 61,967 new cases in the USA yesterday and higher 192 deaths sees CMR at 1.779%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 195M, the last 1M in 2 days;

Algeria (1,505);
Libya (3,512);
Kazakhstan (6,637);Thailand (15,376); Iraq (12,180);
Bangladesh (15,192); and
Iran (31,814)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while Oman and Venezuela drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2021, 12:46 PM   #12865
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
I'm wondering if Sydney numbers will pass 200 in the coming days after the shenanigans over the weekend?

I'm in Sydney, smack bang in the middle of one if the LGA's ordered to stay home.

There are noticeably less people out and about. Perhaps the message is finally sinking in??
Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I dont think its an 'if', its probably going to be a 'when'. Im also in one of the areas that makes the news. So i dont shop at my local shopping centre, not due to covid, but moreso as the local iga is more convenient. People ive seen typically do the right thing. To be fair, i only go shopping for basics every few days, so realistically its the staff at essential services who could give a better account of how many people dont do the recomended thing.
But even places like the bottlo i go to, unless you man shop, ie know exactly what you want and where it is, the moment staff see a person looking for something they dont know exactly where it is the staff spring to action to sort said customer out. Not in a rude sence, but sort of trying to keep people in and out fast but still obviously make a sale.
So that being said, from what ive seen, smaller businesses (larger ones like say coles or woolies have always done the right thing) have heeded the risks of heavier fines etc.
Old 27-07-2021, 01:08 PM   #12866
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
Word on the news is there's more been planed for next weekend
of course there is, the millennial selfish ****s, remember to look behind the protests at who are the REAL instigators
Old 27-07-2021, 01:09 PM   #12867
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Over here in the west a bloke can sheila shop to his heart's content.
Covid has had very little effect this year.
Occasional pseudo-lockdown and mask festival but living on an island has its advantages.

The only downside is the appalling number of folk who'd normally be buggering off elsewhere but now plague the regional areas.

Poor little hipsters in their microcars dawdling along the highways getting even more anxious as their favourite barista recedes in the distance, gormless drongoes in their newly-bought go-anywhere Pajeros heading out for a date with a beach and an expensive tractor recovery, caravan parks infested with cheek-by-jowl weekend nomads, etc etc etc.
Roll on post-covid where used camper-trailers and camper vans are at giveaway prices.
Old 27-07-2021, 01:34 PM   #12868
nstg8a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 27-07-2021, 01:34 PM   #12869
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57
of course there is, the millennial selfish ****s, remember to look behind the protests at who are the REAL instigators
Looked like people of all age groups in the footage i saw. But nah it’s only one group

Plenty of grey haired old hippies holding anti-vax signs.

Is the air thinner up there on your high horse?
Old 27-07-2021, 01:43 PM   #12870
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Plenty of grey haired old hippies holding anti-vax signs.
it is the same people who were protesting in the 60's, they just bought along their grand-kids
Closed Thread