Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-01-2015, 10:26 PM   #12091
responsef6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
However on my previous 3 year old car that had a factory fitted Sat Nav there was no standard driver warning message displayed. In addition my wife has the latest TOM TOM Sat Nav functionality downloaded onto her iPhone and again there is no displayed warning message.

The point I am trying to make make in terms of the driver warning message is I get the safety message, but does it need to be displayed front and centre everytime I select to use the Sat Nav functionality. From my perspective it doesn't and as an owner I should be able to turn the annoying message off or remove it. It's not about my capability to use the Sync 2 system.

Fact of life. My two other non ford cars with built in gps have annoying start up warnings every time you start sat nav. Typical of this bureaucratic oh&s age, not something to blame falcon for.

And you can't compare to an iPhone sat nav app
that isn't built into a car therefore does not require the warnings.

Enjoy your car and don't sweat the small stuff
Old 07-01-2015, 10:28 PM   #12092
rst2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FG X, The Last EVER Falcon - Picture & Discussion Thread

i have been around the surf coast and geelong on a daily commute and yet to see one.....

Last edited by rst2000; 07-01-2015 at 10:35 PM.
rst2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2015, 01:53 AM   #12093
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst2000 View Post
i have been around the surf coast and geelong on a daily commute and yet to see one.....
I'm in Brisbane and have only seen them at the Ford dealer so far. I still haven't even seen a GTF.
Old 08-01-2015, 02:18 AM   #12094
AUS GRUNT

While looking at an gold XR8 on carsales, i noticed something rather funny and strange...and perhaps embarrassing on ford's part, this XR8 has the orange indicator fitted to the passenger side gaurd (instead of the chrome flute thing)...i thought i was looking at an xr6 for a sec when i noticed it

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de.../?Cr=1&sdmvc=1
AUS GRUNT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-01-2015, 04:12 AM   #12095
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS GRUNT View Post
While looking at an gold XR8 on carsales, i noticed something rather funny and strange...and perhaps embarrassing on ford's part, this XR8 has the orange indicator fitted to the passenger side gaurd (instead of the chrome flute thing)...i thought i was looking at an xr6 for a sec when i noticed it

Whats funny is the 75k price tag and it says 'used car'?
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-01-2015, 10:57 AM   #12096
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQB-241 View Post
Here: http://youtu.be/IfZXpvgBKFk

11701 views in 8 weeks. 50+ by my kids (and me).
Nice nod to the old Moffat/Falcon ad there. Going to miss these cars, Falcon and Commodore when they are gone.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2015, 11:07 AM   #12097
Luhrsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS GRUNT View Post

Mate of mine is a mechanic at a big multi manufacturer dealership, and had a new XR8 come in with one 275mm rear wheel and one 245mm. Good old ford QA still hasn't improved.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:05 PM   #12098
Ford17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbkym01 View Post
Enjoyed this little article about Big Boys Toys in Todays (SA) Advertiser
Looks like it was written by Joshua Dowling:

http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news...gin=newsfooter
Ford17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2015, 05:15 PM   #12099
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luhrsy View Post
Mate of mine is a mechanic at a big multi manufacturer dealership, and had a new XR8 come in with one 275mm rear wheel and one 245mm. Good old ford QA still hasn't improved.
To improve the quality one must invest a lot of resource into processes re-engineering, employee training, quality control procedures, downstream supplier controls, etc … considering that Ford is closing shop soon I can’t see quality improvement being realistic or viable.

I must say that my own experience with a new FGII has been subpar … people that I know who bought basic Toyota and Hyundai city cars had no issues whatsoever while I have already had a number of defects I had to fight with service about!
Old 08-01-2015, 06:03 PM   #12100
dmat2391
the average bloke

dimka100 sorry to hear of your hassles...
For balance.
In my case same car as yours, except early 2013, with 60 000 on the clock and only a power steering bearing that became noisy, replaced and back on the road very same day. No squeaks no creeks nothing what so ever, over even the crappiest Sydney roads.
Regarding oil she's sealed tighter than a nun's....well you you know what ;-)
That said however did change the battery because the one supplied was crap....could of got the same thing under warranty but an accounting design fail is just that. I bought at a price point and am happy to tinker with the rest.
Not everyones cup of tea and I completely understand
dmat2391 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2015, 06:03 PM   #12101
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
The sequencing of the tyres is computer controlled so it would suggest to me it was an error made somewhere else.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:58 PM   #12102
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Must be the limited edition Speedway XR8
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-01-2015, 09:09 PM   #12103
mtbkym01
"Final 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford17 View Post
Looks like it was written by Joshua Dowling:

http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news...gin=newsfooter
Yep, that's the full article I read

PXIII XLT - Meteor Grey
3.2 6spd Auto
mtbkym01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2015, 11:10 PM   #12104
FGX008

Looks like I have a problem with the rear speaker of the new car. I get a buzzing noise out of it when I play the radio and I especially noticed this afternoon when I unlocked and opened up one of the rear doors to grap a hat from the back seat that the speaker was making a live buzzing noise (strange because there was no key in the ignition). Clearly something is not right so I have booked into Metro Ford in Fortitude Valley to get the problem looked out. Did not really notice it before because it's not my main daily drive.

Anyway I will let the forum know what the issue is when it's identified by Metro Ford. Not sure if other new owners have encountered the same problem or if it's a carryover from the FG.

Cheers, Brent
Old 08-01-2015, 11:54 PM   #12105
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

'Drive visited last weekend's event in the last ever Ford Falcon XR8, along with a matching Holden Commodore SS-V Redline, to gauge the feeling of some of the country's most avid enthusiasts. In some regards, both vehicles are on a hiding to nothing in showrooms, with Ford and Holden due to shutter their manufacturing operations within the next three years.

While 70 per cent polled said they owned a Falcon or Commodore, only 43 per cent of those said they would consider buying the updated model before both Ford and Holden cease their manufacturing operations in Australia.

Why? In the case of the Falcon, the majority of respondents said there wasn't enough changes or updates in the new model to warrant upgrading. Another 15 per cent said they baulked at the FG X because of the recent omission of the XR8 ute and various station wagon variants.

"I walked into a Ford dealership ready to buy an XR8 ute, only to be told they weren't building any. I walked straight out," one respondent said.

In the case of both Holden and the Ford, 80 per cent of pollsters agreed large cars had simply lost their appeal among buyers because of the competitiveness of the import market, not because they were any less relevant."
http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/w...08-12jm43.html
Old 09-01-2015, 09:23 AM   #12106
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

That'd be about right.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2015, 10:17 AM   #12107
mattrobbo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentpan View Post
Looks like I have a problem with the rear speaker of the new car. I get a buzzing noise out of it when I play the radio and I especially noticed this afternoon when I unlocked and opened up one of the rear doors to grap a hat from the back seat that the speaker was making a live buzzing noise (strange because there was no key in the ignition). Clearly something is not right so I have booked into Metro Ford in Fortitude Valley to get the problem looked out. Did not really notice it before because it's not my main daily drive.

Anyway I will let the forum know what the issue is when it's identified by Metro Ford. Not sure if other new owners have encountered the same problem or if it's a carryover from the FG.

Cheers, Brent
I too have noticed this. I think it's because the icc livens up without having any output thus creating the buzzing sound. Don't hold me to that though.
mattrobbo26 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2015, 11:01 AM   #12108
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wink Re: FG X, The Last EVER Falcon - Picture & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrobbo26 View Post
I too have noticed this. I think it's because the icc livens up without having any output thus creating the buzzing sound. Don't hold me to that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentpan

Cheers, Brent
Does the pitch vary with RPM? Thinking of iPod/iPhone buzz in FG.......

mmmm, Hat on parcel shelf?

Jaguar XJ-S: Eaton S/C, I/Cooler, Haltech, DB7 rims, 1:15 Wakefield.

Jaguar XJ6 Wife's daily :2006 Quartz Metallic, FORD Duratec 3.0 V6, ZF 6sp

Previous relationships: FG GT, FG XR8 (+BA XT 5.4, BA AU, EF, EB, EA, EA & XF work cars)
Jags XJ12 & XJ6, BMW E39 Wagon, BMW F11 M-Sport wagon, 20 of GMH FC-HQ
Bonn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2015, 08:53 PM   #12109
XBv8mmm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentpan View Post

Cheers, Brent
Same here mate.

But it's just the ICC/sound system coming on when you open/unlock the door, no bigy. Goes away when you start the car and your radio/iPod comes on.

Cheers,
Garry.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:34 PM   #12110
Luhrsy

Another win to the XR8 over the SSV Redline; Just dont go near the commodore on a track. Includes a dyno run which put the XR8 at 358KW.

http://www.carsales.com.au/reviews/2...mparison-48430
Old 11-01-2015, 04:52 PM   #12111
FGX008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonn View Post
Does the pitch vary with RPM? Thinking of iPod/iPhone buzz in FG.......

mmmm, Hat on parcel shelf? image
No...not that I have noticed.

Cheers, Brent
Old 12-01-2015, 12:34 AM   #12112
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Saw my first one on the road today. Was a white ute.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2015, 12:35 AM   #12113
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

i've seen heaps, most are XRs in dark blue or victory gold - saw a white G6E though, it's the pick for me
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2015, 02:21 PM   #12114
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Still haven't seen any on the road :(
Old 12-01-2015, 02:28 PM   #12115
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

I have seen two, a ute and a G6(E).
The G6(E) looked very nice, very modern on the exterior. Unfortunately I found the ute looked a little awkward, the new front didn't seem to gel with the FG ute from the A pillar back.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:30 PM   #12116
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
I have seen two, a ute and a G6(E).
The G6(E) looked very nice, very modern on the exterior. Unfortunately I found the ute looked a little awkward, the new front didn't seem to gel with the FG ute from the A pillar back.
Which spec was the ute?

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2015, 04:00 PM   #12117
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
Which spec was the ute?
I cannot say for sure, but it looked like a XR6 model, it had the hockey stick LEDs, that's all i could see. I was passing by.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:03 PM   #12118
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I’ve only seen the one White G6E in town but it looked awesome and stood out.
galaxy xr8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2015, 06:31 PM   #12119
335JET
@jas_23_

This is regarding the new Sync 2 screen....I read somewhere that you can put your own wallpaper on the screen by uploading a pic from a SD card or USB stick, has anyone tried it?
its only a minor thing but i think its a good idea.
335JET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2015, 06:40 PM   #12120
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS 4LTR View Post
This is regarding the new Sync 2 screen....I read somewhere that you can put your own wallpaper on the screen by uploading a pic from a SD card or USB stick, has anyone tried it?
its only a minor thing but i think its a good idea.
I've seen it done. Just haven't done it myself.
Does the car manual say anything on how to do it?

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRHuXQk5vnc

Sync is a global module so this should work.