Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-04-2011, 01:04 AM   #91
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Vfacts March 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
Just guessing I would assume the MMAL would have a lower cost base, as it was effectively a rejig of the US galant, and the powertrain piggy-backed off the Pajero. Whereas Ford AU has to take on all the development costs of the Falcon and its drivetrain.
Don't forget Territory shares more than just powertrain with the Falcon.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2011, 01:18 AM   #92
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220
I've said this a million times on this forum, if this is affecting Ford so much then why isnt it affecting Holden when they are the same if not worse in the reliability/service department?
but their not the same..

holden reward the dealer for a good job, if i say otherwise the get they get raped..
holden reward me for useing the dealer network and they actively ask me to rate the dealers that i use..name and shame.

then their is the warranty itself, holden honor their warranty..
not excusses, they all do that, thats the carrector of the car, lets take a photo..and so fourth.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #93
4.0i_SiX
SiX_iN_a_RoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
holden honor their warranty..
not excusses, they all do that, thats the carrector of the car, lets take a photo..and so fourth.

Rubbish, Go have a read of the LS1 forums. Holden are just as bad as any other dealer network out there. Clunky front suspension is normal etc

In a population that is simply getting fatter, why do people insist on buying smaller and smaller cars that they have to cram themselves in to? They will happily suffer along with a smaller and slower car to save a few dollars a week on fuel, but will happily eat out every night at KFC. Morons
Old 06-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #94
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0i_SiX
In a population that is simply getting fatter, why do people insist on buying smaller and smaller cars that they have to cram themselves in to? They will happily suffer along with a smaller and slower car to save a few dollars a week on fuel, but will happily eat out every night at KFC. Morons
Yeah I know, you would think that the Australian government by now, would legislate to limit peoples choices so they could only buy Large cars. What are they thinking.

Light and small cars made up 1/3 of all cars sold last month. You dont think you average 20 year girlie, or your average 65 grandma might just find a small or light car just right for them. After all, I'm over 6 foot, over 100 kilo's and have no trouble getting into or driving a corolla or a yaris. Maybe if I did get bigger, i could always flop out onto the other few seats that are provided.

Fuel use is not the biggest cost when it comes to owning a car, so people probably put alot more thought into buying a car than your narrow scope.
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2011, 12:39 PM   #95
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-new...406-1d3g4.html

Quote:
Mazda3 threatens Commodore's No.1 status Steve Colquhoun and Drive staff
April 6, 2011 - 10:14AM

Japanese small car could end Holden large car’s 15-year run as Australia’s best-selling car as it leads sales race after first three months of 2011.

The Mazda3 small car is threatening to end the Holden Commodore’s 15-year run as Australia’s most popular car.

Official sales figures released this week reveal the locally built large car was narrowly the biggest-selling vehicle in March but trails the Mazda by more than 500 units when results are tallied for the first quarter.

Mazda sold 11,159 3s from January to March compared with 10,644 units for the Commodore.

Advertisement: Story continues below The Toyota Corolla has been the Commodore’s closest challenger in recent years but it has also been overtaken by the Mazda3, which has achieved year-on-year growth of almost 10 per cent. The Corolla has increased sales by only 4.3 per cent and the Commodore has slipped by 6.3 per cent over the same period.

The Mazda3 has been Australia’s best-selling car with private buyers for a couple of years but fleet sales have helped to keep the Commodore at the top of the charts.

The Commodore’s position as the country’s best-seller could also be undermined by another small car - Holden’s own Cruze, which is now built in Australia and is poised to steal sales from its big brother.

Cruze sales have already reached 7446 for the first three months of the year, and the sedan version will be joined by a locally designed hatchback variant that should give sales an extra boost.

Small cars continue to dominate sales, with seven small cars featuring in the top 10 most popular models for 2011 so far. The Mazda3, Corolla and Cruze are joined by the Hyundai i30 (6705), Hyundai Getz (5086), Mitsubishi Lancer (4980) and Toyota Yaris (4629).

Ford Australia’s sales reflect the contrasting fortunes of large and small cars. The Falcon’s popularity has plummeted by 40 per cent year on year, though its Fiesta city car and Focus small car have been driven off showroom floors in bigger numbers – up 25.3 and 47.8 per cent respectively.

Its Mondeo medium car also continues to gain momentum, with a 44 per cent year-on-year increase.

Top 10 models year to date
1. Mazda3 11,159
2. Holden Commodore 10,644
3. Toyota Corolla 9712
4. Toyota HiLux 9411
5. Holden Cruze 7446
6. Hyundai i30 6705
7. Nissan Navara 6586
8. Hyundai Getz 5086
9. Mitsubishi Lancer 4980
10. Toyota Yaris 4629
Source: VFACTS
Old 06-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #96
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

That is the funnish I think I've read on here a long time.. Does make you wounder sometimes!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #97
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-new...405-1d12f.html

Quote:
Australian cars continue sales nosedive Matt Campbell
April 6, 2011

Latest showroom figures reveal locally built vehicles have slumped by 20 per cent despite a steady overall market.

Sales of locally-built cars continue to suffer at the hands of imported vehicles, according to official sales results released today.

The figures from the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries reveal that sales of Australian-made cars have slipped by nearly 20 per cent compared with this time last year, accounting for only 10,838 of the 93,984 vehicles sold in March.

Sales of 83,146 imported vehicles ensured the month’s total remained steady compared to March 2010, with a drop of less than one per cent.

Advertisement: Story continues below The majority of locally-made cars are large family sedans and wagons, but the FCAI’s chief executive, Andrew McKellar, says new homegrown models from Holden, with the Cruze small car, and Ford, with an updated Territory, will help locally-built car sales rebound.

“There’s new product in the pipeline which I think will help bolster the local production figures over the coming months, and as we work through the course of this year,” says McKellar.

“I don’t think there’s any miracle cure, but there’s significant investment there, there’s a long-term commitment – and I think we’ll see those factors in the headline figures over coming months.”

Sales figures for SUVs have again reflected the shift away from large cars. Compact SUV sales rose nearly 10 per cent on last year’s figures, lead by Toyota’s RAV4 (1318 sales), Subaru’s Forester (1227) and a stronger-than-usual month for Volkswagen’s Tiguan (1107 sales compared to 565 in March 2010).

Mid-sized SUVs, which include the Ford Territory, slipped further out of favour in March, down 8.1 per cent.

Large car sales slumped by 20.2 per cent, with Ford’s Falcon again hit hardest with just 1719 sales (down from 2496 last year). The fortunes of Ford's local vehicles contrasted sharply with sales of its imported products, which surged by more than 40 per cent in the first three months of the year.

Holden’s Commodore bucked the downturn in sales of locally built vehicles, retaining number one position for the month, though it trails the Mazda3 when combining total sales for the first three months of the year – 10,644 v 11,159.

Toyota vehicles sit in third and fourth overall to date, through the Corolla (9712 sales) and HiLux (9411).

Toyota has retained its number one spot in terms of manufacturers, with 18,466 units sold in March for a total of 47,887 for 2011, down on March 2010’s cumulative total of 51,684.

Holden is placed second (29,515), Mazda third (22,883), and Ford fourth (22,713). Hyundai completes the top five, with 20,143 sales.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:49 PM   #98
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Personally I think March figures show a really, really great sign of how strong the Ford brand really is in the country. Ford's highest place model come in at 10th, yet Ford still sold the 3rd most vehicles. The “poor deal network” line can finally be put to rest by people that haven’t bought a new ford in many years (It really isn’t a large problem anymore!!). Ford is now only missing 1-2 "gun" models to compete for the top stop!!.. Wait a second.. Here comes all brand new Ranger & Focus!!! Not to mention new Territory & EcoLPI Falcon. Holden will be number 3 in the not to distant future!!

Last edited by Joe5619; 06-04-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #99
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Ford is now only missing 1-2 "gun" models to compete for the top stop!!.. Wait a second.. Here comes all brand new Ranger & Focus!!! Not to mention new Territory & EcoLPI Falcon. Holden will be number 3 in the not to distant future!!
If only I had a dollar for every time I heard that.
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #100
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Personally I think March figures show a really, really great sign of how strong the Ford brand really is in the country. Ford's highest place model come in at 10th, yet Ford still sold the 3rd most vehicles. The “poor deal network” line can finally be put to rest by people that haven’t bought a new ford in many years (It really isn’t a large problem anymore!!). Ford is now only missing 1-2 "gun" models to compete for the top stop!!.. Wait a second.. Here comes all brand new Ranger & Focus!!! Not to mention new Territory & EcoLPI Falcon. Holden will be number 3 in the not to distant future!!
i dont care who comes first second third as long as it's made in oz..
aurion, camry, commodore, cruze, falcon, territory..

ford, holden, toyota's imports cars come a distant last for all i care..
Old 06-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #101
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It's not necessarily the size of the car that counts, more to do with the layout...I'm what you might call a "stocky" guy and I find it easier to fit into a Corolla than my Falc...I always hit my knees on the steering wheel, even though it's as far up as it goes.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #102
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Just a little bit confused here. I notice the cruze diesel by your name, and looking at your posts from the start of the year, it was there in January. Do you drive a cruze diesel,and when did you buy it.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:40 PM   #103
burnz
VFII SS UTE

two weeks ago for the second time..
so i have two, one is 2010 plate deawoo the other 2011 plate holden..
both diesel ones vm motori the other is detroit diesel..
Old 06-04-2011, 02:11 PM   #104
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Quote:
so i have two, one is 2010 plate deawoo the other 2011 plate holden..
both diesel ones vm motori the other is detroit diesel..

So you have a 100% import, and a 75% (altho I am assuming it is still a korean made car) import which averages out at 82.5% imports. (probably 100%). So you care, you just dont want to do anything about it.

I know Hyundai advertise that they use australian iron ore. Their factories probably run on australian LNG or australian coal. Workers probably consume food made in australia. Japanese probably the same.

Anything from the US that goes into a Falcon or Commodore, would be made using US coal, brazilian iron ore and the workers eat food grown by $1 an hour mexicans.

Alot more wealth is created for australia from the South Korean and Japanese car industries than the australian car industry.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #105
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Yet you own 2 imported cars & no Australian made cars!!! Why the "F' say waht you said then....

I own 1 car only & it is a Falcon!!
Old 06-04-2011, 04:38 PM   #106
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Yet you own 2 imported cars & no Australian made cars!!! Why the "F' say waht you said then....

I own 1 car only & it is a Falcon!!
So what is he meant to do if he wants a small car. Up until Australian Cruze production there was no Australian option.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2011, 04:57 PM   #107
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
So what is he meant to do if he wants a small car. Up until Australian Cruze production there was no Australian option.
Read my comment, then his comment, then mine again & you'll understand where am coming from.. It has nothing to do with small car or large car. It was his poor reply to my comment that was the problem in light of his current ownership!!
Old 06-04-2011, 05:27 PM   #108
stevz
Banned

Quote:
I suggest you re-read what was written. He stated that he owns two cruzes, one imported and the other AUSTRALIAN made.
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2011, 05:34 PM   #109
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz
I suggest you re-read what was written. He stated that he owns two cruzes, one imported and the other AUSTRALIAN made.

Australian Cruze on sale ???

I didn't think for a couple more months .....
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2011, 05:42 PM   #110
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz

No, he stated

Quote:
so i have two, one is 2010 plate deawoo the other 2011 plate holden
Joolia apparantly drove the first cruze off the line on 28 feb. There maybe a very slim chance that this car made it to Burnz in 2 weeks, but I highly doubt it. But regardless he never said the second one was Australian made, just Holden plated, which they all have been since their introduction in 2009. (he must have been trying to differentuate from the Ford plated cruzes)
Old 06-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #111
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

WOW! The Fiesta is on fire, the Mondeo is getting a grip on the market and the Focus is in recovery. Ford have done a great job of the recent advertising for these three models, and I think part of this success is accredited with that. Seriously, second best selling car in its class for the Fiesta and Mondeo, that's absolutely fantastic. Both these cars offer a big range, great colours, great kit, good looks, fantastic engines and are affordable.

Sensational job.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #112
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

I'm just bloody well surprised with those 4x4 Ranger sales. Are there some sales or deals running at the moment to make 1000 of them walk off the lots in March?

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2011, 09:51 PM   #113
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
but their not the same..

holden reward the dealer for a good job, if i say otherwise the get they get raped..
holden reward me for useing the dealer network and they actively ask me to rate the dealers that i use..name and shame.

then their is the warranty itself, holden honor their warranty..
Well Ive worked at both. Holden I worked at last year. Their warranty is no different to anyone elses. They refuse stuff just like the others. And with the VE having one of the worst quality control levels in years for a Commodore I cant see how everyone rates the Holden service experience so high. Even surveys last year had them down the bottom.

It just shows the blind loyalty of the Holden faithful. They will buy the product no matter what. Im not saying Ford is the best but people go on here like they're the worst car manufacturer by a mile when they are no different from the others. And the product is actually half decent.

Its the Falcon name that is tarnished. Who outside of people on the forum and your Ford mates ever talk about the Falcon? The answer to that is no one.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #114
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Craptiva has capped itself.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #115
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220
Well Ive worked at both. Holden I worked at last year. Their warranty is no different to anyone elses. They refuse stuff just like the others. And with the VE having one of the worst quality control levels in years for a Commodore I cant see how everyone rates the Holden service experience so high. Even surveys last year had them down the bottom.

It just shows the blind loyalty of the Holden faithful. They will buy the product no matter what. Im not saying Ford is the best but people go on here like they're the worst car manufacturer by a mile when they are no different from the others. And the product is actually half decent.

Its the Falcon name that is tarnished. Who outside of people on the forum and your Ford mates ever talk about the Falcon? The answer to that is no one.
Correct. When my friend was looking at Government auctions, he didn't even consider a Falcon. When he was interstate, his hire car was an FG XR6. Said it was a fantastic drive and was really surprised and IMPRESSED. It was too late though because he already bought a 380. It was really interesting, and I think it reflected Joe public's view, in that he was deciding between a 380, VE and a Camry. No Falcon. THIS IS THE PROBLEM, FORD! ARE YOU LISTENING? PEOPLE DON'T CARE ABOUT THE FALCON. IT'S YOUR JOB TO CHANGE THE PUBLIC'S MINDSET. GET DOWN AND DIRTY. KICK YOUR MARKETING TEAM IN THE *** AND OVERHAUL YOUR APPROACH OTHERWISE FORD AUSTRALIA WILL BE IMPORT ONLY. TALK ABOUT 'QUALITY CONTROL' IN YOUR ADDS, BECAUSE I'M TIRED OF HEARING 'BUT IT'S A FORD' FROM PEOPLE. BRING BACK 'BUILT FORD TOUGH' SLOGANS. HELL, BRING BACK 'HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD...LATELY?' WITH THAT NOSTALGIC 90'S JINGLE. SHAKE IT UP OR SHIP IT OUT.

Ahhh....now I feel better
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #116
tezxr8man
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
I am still stunned that Holden can be selling these many Commodores for a car which is effectively 5 years old. And it has no LPG in the wagon.

Commodore really should be selling as many as Falcon.
Goes to show where the falcon should be, it's all about marketing and Ford are throwing it all behind the Euro stuff. read in the paper that the Mondeo Wagon is the best selling car in its segment at the moment.
All that and no effort behind the falcon!
tezxr8man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2011, 10:39 PM   #117
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2monty
Correct. When my friend was looking at Government auctions, he didn't even consider a Falcon. When he was interstate, his hire car was an FG XR6. Said it was a fantastic drive and was really surprised and IMPRESSED. It was too late though because he already bought a 380. It was really interesting, and I think it reflected Joe public's view, in that he was deciding between a 380, VE and a Camry. No Falcon. THIS IS THE PROBLEM, FORD! ARE YOU LISTENING? PEOPLE DON'T CARE ABOUT THE FALCON. IT'S YOUR JOB TO CHANGE THE PUBLIC'S MINDSET. GET DOWN AND DIRTY. KICK YOUR MARKETING TEAM IN THE *** AND OVERHAUL YOUR APPROACH OTHERWISE FORD AUSTRALIA WILL BE IMPORT ONLY. TALK ABOUT 'QUALITY CONTROL' IN YOUR ADDS, BECAUSE I'M TIRED OF HEARING 'BUT IT'S A FORD' FROM PEOPLE. BRING BACK 'BUILT FORD TOUGH' SLOGANS. HELL, BRING BACK 'HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD...LATELY?' WITH THAT NOSTALGIC 90'S JINGLE. SHAKE IT UP OR SHIP IT OUT.

Exactly. I worked in the auto industry for 10 years so talked with a lot of car nuts and a wide range of types. Rarely ever would someone talk about Ford. Only if they were a die hard Ford fan which wasn't often. It was funny because last year we had a Focus XR5 and a BF XR8 come into the workshop(Holden dealership) and most of the guys loved them even though they were mostly Holden/Import guys. Its just nobody talks about them so they know nothing about them. I had people come up to me regularly when I had my AU and say this has the BOSS engine in it doesnt it? Umm no. Again nobody knows the product.

The only exception to all this was the XR6 turbo. That was a car that got people talking but the novelty has started to die off now.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2011, 10:50 PM   #118
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebilda
No, he stated

Joolia apparantly drove the first cruze off the line on 28 feb. There maybe a very slim chance that this car made it to Burnz in 2 weeks, but I highly doubt it. But regardless he never said the second one was Australian made, just Holden plated, which they all have been since their introduction in 2009. (he must have been trying to differentuate from the Ford plated cruzes)
bob your a fool, you know what a vin number is hay..
KL3 for the deawoo.
6G1 for the holden.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:52 PM   #119
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2monty

I'm envisioning a falcon gliding effortlessly through the air, swooping with power and precision, returning to it's tree and nestling the young who peep up out from the nest - then pan down to the highway and we see a G6E crusing quietly and with ease, the driver and his wife looking pleased with themselves, and a couple of little kids sleeping in the back. Close up on the satnav/touchscreen. The curtain airbags. The trip computer which says "Range 900km". Voiceover says "For fifty years, Falcon has been the car of choice for Australian families. Have you driven one lately?"

Any better than the fingers advert?
Old 06-04-2011, 10:59 PM   #120
imugli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebilda
Alot more wealth is created for australia from the South Korean and Japanese car industries than the australian car industry.
That there is probably the most sensible thing I've read here. Ever.
imugli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post