Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Coupe Club of Australia > Coupe Restoration & Build

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-08-2008, 11:32 AM   #1
duxguts

Smile 78 XC Coupe Respray

As requested I have set up a restoration page for other people to view and enjoy.

This is a 1978 XC Coupe T Code (351) with Chamois interior, FMX Auto, 9" diff with disk brakes. Original colour is V (Emerald Green)

I've had it for about a year and need to get it on the road and enjoy it. I picked it up for $15k in the condition seen below. So I've never driven it or heard the motor running. Boy I can't wait!

After hearing of a lot of $5000 and $10,000+ paint jobs not being as good as expected my mate and I decided to put in the effort ourselves. Luckily Chris has gained a lot of experience from previous paint resto's on his own cars and was willing to help me get this beast looking great again.

We have opted to go for Acrylic Laquer and chose Shockwave Blue as the colour to "run" with for ease of use and repair. Don't forget we are "backyarders" after all and don't have the luxury of spray booths etc.

I won't have a lot of time to answer questions due to limited computer time available.

This is what we have achieved over the last 2 weekends.

The bloke with the "dreddies" is Chris. I'm the "winner" rubbing down the boot with the orange shirt looking burnt out.

Enjoy,

Tom :

duxguts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post