Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-10-2019, 08:25 AM   #91
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Crap cars on club rego - a thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
That's an ED XR8 Sprint.

... unless, of course, someone put XR8 Sprint badges on a GL, but it's impossible to tell from this angle.
no, it is an original EB, at that stage ED's weren't allowed on the scheme, apparently it is genuine, I have had this argument elsewhere
Old 08-10-2019, 08:28 AM   #92
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Just out of curiosity how does the club scheme insure cars and how they are used. Anyone know.
In Victoria the state insurance cover is done through the Traffic Accident Commission (TAC), that cover is 3rd party insurance, same as everyone else, because the vehicles are on the road less the TAC fee is lower, the "rego" is NOT "rego", we pay a permit fee, not "rego"

I have my XP Coupe insured with Shannons for everything else

people really should stop calling it "rego" coz it isn't, it is a ****ing PERMIT. We pay a permit fee to able to drive the car/vehicle on the road
Old 08-10-2019, 08:32 AM   #93
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
when older cars go on the CPS they have to have a roadworthy, so do more modern cars when they get re-registered

Sooooo, if I have to have a roady every year so should you
Roady is easy to get - got my car through with an exhaust circa 100dB, under 100mm clearance and 27% tint
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-10-2019, 08:37 AM   #94
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Roady is easy to get - got my car through with an exhaust circa 100dB, under 100mm clearance and 27% tint
so, why is there an issue with CPS vehicles, they have the same requirements as every other vehicle on the road

The whole roadworthy thing is bull**** anyway

I get sick of the NSW people telling me that Victorian cars are **** coz we don't have annual roadworthies, I ask for the data to support that, like road toll numbers etc etc etc and NOTHING is ever forthcoming, because it is rubbish. The actual 'unroadworthy' cars involved in fatal or near fatal accidents is below 1% of all vehicles - just watch the news every night when someone dies in a car accident, how many are old ****-fighters? **** all!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2019, 08:39 AM   #95
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
so, why is there an issue with CPS vehicles, they have the same requirements as every other vehicle on the road

The whole roadworthy thing is bull**** anyway

I get sick of the NSW people telling me that Victorian cars are **** coz we don't have annual roadworthies, I ask for the data to support that, like road toll numbers etc etc etc and NOTHING is ever forthcoming, because it is rubbish. The actual 'unroadworthy' cars involved in fatal or near fatal accidents is below 1% of all vehicles - just watch the news every night when someone dies in a car accident, how many are old ****-fighters? **** all!!!!!!
The issue is pay your taxes like everyone else.

There's an industry around dodgy roadies - I've never had a legitimate RWC done ever.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:48 AM   #96
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
no!!!!

There is a system in place that allows older vehicles on the road in a limited capacity, why hinder that for the majority because a minority abuses the system, I thought you were against that sort of thing? You want the minority to **** it for the vast majority - no, the way to fix the system is to:
a) police it better (most HWP have little understanding of the scheme)
b) change the rules by which vehicles can get on the scheme (make clubs more accountable)
Old 08-10-2019, 08:57 AM   #97
roKWiz
Cabover nut

My only issue is club permitted scheme vehicles being used as daily drivers or club permitted scheme trucks being used for the purpose of haulage (not their own equipment).

The obvious ones I've seen lately are utes with building equipment towing (full rego) trade trailers and as said earlier a historic plated truck pulling grain at harvest.
I'm waiting to see one in the quarry loading, next.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2019, 09:02 AM   #98
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

take photos and report them

The HWP police did catch one in Ballarat a while ago using it as a daily, they checked his log book and it was in pencil, they had photos of him in the car on dates the book wasn't filled in - plates taken - CPS cancelled
Old 08-10-2019, 09:13 AM   #99
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
take photos and report them
I will but I'm not sure I need to play the Policeman.

I don't have a problem with owners having a alternative to full rego payments if they stick by the rule of said use.

Others on here should be concerned if its happening more now as they will only tightened the laws up around this issue and as usual everyone else pays the price.

2 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2019, 10:27 AM   #100
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my brother has a 929 on club rego but its a 13b rotary now and while it was on a trailer getting a new diff a cop pulled him over to say its not eligible for historic rego
he swapped the classic rego all good now

the cop pulled him over because it had mag wheels only

some clubs have a strange perception of the rules
i have seem a blown V8 VL on historic rego in NSW....um. yes orrificer its 100% original
i have also heard of a guy remove his sunroof in a HQ because the club said its not original
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2019, 10:52 AM   #101
hayseed

Quote:
As the Victorian system is a 'permit' and I know that the cars details and 'permit' number are kept on a separate database within the main database, I doubt very much whether the number plate recognition cameras would have access to their details. Even if they did, what would it achieve? it would tell the officers that car has paid its permit fee, that the owner has no warrants - move on, next car!!!!!!!!!

However I will ask my mate, the HW policeman what he knows
In N.S.W. if you enter a Number Plate of an Historic vehicle into the RMS free Rego check website... https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/trans...e-registration

It will tell you(among other things) if the Vehicles is part of the 60 day personal use Log book trial or Not...

I would assume (But Don't know) that the Police would access to even more info than that... I do know for a fact they can tell if a Heavy Vehicle has any Uncleared Defects !!
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2019, 11:24 AM   #102
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebv8 View Post
some clubs have a strange perception of the rules

A little bit of power can Go a Looong way with some Club Officials...
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2019, 11:38 AM   #103
73 4V XB
Frankenford pilot
Donating Member1

Quote:
people really should stop calling it "rego" coz it isn't, it is a ****ing PERMIT. We pay a permit fee to able to drive the car/vehicle on the road
Maybe in Victoria it’s a permit, in Queensland we pay a registration fee... it’s rego...
We don’t all live in Victoria.

73 XB GT
Last of the Big Ports
73 4V XB is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2019, 12:55 PM   #104
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
no!!!!

There is a system in place that allows older vehicles on the road in a limited capacity, why hinder that for the majority because a minority abuses the system, I thought you were against that sort of thing? You want the minority to **** it for the vast majority - no, the way to fix the system is to:
a) police it better (most HWP have little understanding of the scheme)
b) change the rules by which vehicles can get on the scheme (make clubs more accountable)
There's two scenarios to consider:

A) As someone who is a high up in a legitimate car club, you start the internal dialogue with other legitimate clubs and address the issue and show initiative to clean it up.

B) The State Government steps in and cleans it up for you when they catch onto a revenue stream being taken away from them, the permit scheme is further tightened up or scrapped and you're all paying full registration like you used to.

It's like every 'self regulating' industry, they take the **** until the government catches on then they come down on you like a tonne of bricks.

B is the easy option for the government and the most profitable without requiring investment in further training for police to catch the tax dodgers.

Take ownership over it or the State Government will for you - at the moment you are showing as a community that you can't be trusted.

From your own words there's 100,000 vehicles on the scheme - 100,000 x $700 - $70M per year extra in the government's coffers assuming $100 discount on rego for regional vehicle.

$70M buys a couple of fat payrises for the politicians who reign this in.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 08-10-2019 at 01:20 PM.
Old 08-10-2019, 03:17 PM   #105
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

CPS is not a new scheme in Victoria, it has been around long before its current guise, it is just when they freed up the times you could use the vehicles (like non-club runs) is when the system started to get abused.

All these people who are doing the wrong thing wouldn't be able to under the old rules, they would have to be on a club sanctioned run to drive their vehicle on the CPS
Old 08-10-2019, 03:24 PM   #106
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Just out of curiosity how does the club scheme insure cars and how they are used. Anyone know.

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/regi...le-permit-fees

When you look at club fees your actual registration fee is very cheap considering what TAC charge.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2019, 03:31 PM   #107
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How about we pay a rego on our licenses instead of our cars. Anybody with multiple registered cars is getting shafted. Can only drive one car at a time.
ute83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2019, 04:43 PM   #108
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
In Japan all old cars are banned from the road - it has **** all to do with Australia, let alone Victoria
No that's not true, but in Japan space is a real premium in populated areas so space to keep them around, and most people update their cars every 4 or 5 years

Beautiful older cars galleryfor your perusal

http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/02/...hunters-style/

Not relevant to the rest of this thread but anyway
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2019, 04:46 PM   #109
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute83 View Post
How about we pay a rego on our licenses instead of our cars. Anybody with multiple registered cars is getting shafted. Can only drive one car at a time.
I don't think anyone is forcing you to own multiple cars, Its our choice.

Old 08-10-2019, 04:57 PM   #110
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I don't think anyone is forcing you to own multiple cars, Its our choice.
Wow. Assuming a little bit maybe?
ute83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2019, 04:58 PM   #111
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Quote:

There's an industry around dodgy roadies - I've never had a legitimate RWC done ever.
Ever reported these dodgy RW inspectors to vicroads? as going by your theory, these guys are the real issue approving and passing unroadworthy cars onto the roads for financial gain.

So that fully rego daily you drive passed a dodgy roadworthy? With darkened tint and lowering listed with the insurer?

By this very comment you just proved that it's human nature for people to take a advantage of a situation if the opportunity permits.
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2019, 05:03 PM   #112
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Wow. Assuming a little bit maybe?
Yes, So you're forced to own several cars, is that what your saying

Old 08-10-2019, 06:42 PM   #113
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed
Here in N.S.W. Every Police HWP vehicle has Number Plate recogniton cameras (& an increasing number of general duties Vehicles Too.)
It'd be no real Biggies to "flag" conditional Number plates, & have a few more "random" Log book inspections. Could/Should/Would weed out the Abusers..
I've had my logbook checked a couple of times to make sure I had logged the drive. Other than that they generally compliment the car and then wave me on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz
$46 full reg and CTP in NSW of which $9 is the CTP underwritten by QBE Insurance. 60 days logged outings plus any and all gazetted Club runs and secondary runs (Cars n' Coffee, etc.)

Then you get your own Comp Insurance through Shannons or such like and that's discounted as well 'cause Club Plates knocks about 40% off full reg rates.
FairmontGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2019, 06:59 PM   #114
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

In vic it's $70 ish for 45 days or $135 ish for 90 days including tac, book and permit fees, our club charges $25 per member (per car)
Obviously with Shannon's insurance is charged accordingly so ATM my son is paying about $250 for full comp on a 45 day permit.
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2019, 07:31 PM   #115
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I,ve put up that argument for years.Make licence cost about $700+800 per year then an admin fee of maybe $50 per vehicle for rego and tpi,.As you say you can only drive one at a time so why pay big rego for a car sitting in the shed
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2019, 07:58 PM   #116
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
I,ve put up that argument for years.Make licence cost about $700+800 per year then an admin fee of maybe $50 per vehicle for rego and tpi,.As you say you can only drive one at a time so why pay big rego for a car sitting in the shed
So what do people pay who don't own a car, go on holiday and rent a car, drive their drunk friends home or borrow a car?
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2019, 08:21 PM   #117
BA-XT
2003 BA Falcon XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I’ve got a car which will be eligible in 18 months for NSW “club plates”. It bothers me not, to retire it from daily service and only drive 60 days a year in it. That’s still some decent mileage and use.

How I maintain it won’t change, I like my cars ready to cross the Nullarbor with nothing more than a quick check of tyre pressures and fluids. But because it looks ratty, no doubt it will attract pejorative opinions of the uncouth/uninformed. Saving $800/yr on registration will soon fund a repaint of the roof and lift its appearance.
Yes I'm the same boat.... once my old BA reaches 25 I'm going to retire it and take it off the road.... I keep it because it has personal value to me and has taken myself and my partner on some wonderful trips and made some wonderful memories

IMPCO LPG Vapour Injection.

DETAILING
Meguiar's NXT Car Wash
Collonite #845 Insulator Wax
Bowden's Own Happy Ending & Fully Slick
Chemtech CT-18 Truck Wash (Wheels & Chassis)
Bowden's Own Wheely Clean & Tyre Sheen
Bowden's Own Three Way Paint Decontamination Spray

OILS AND FILTERS
Nulon Full Synthetic 10w-40
Nulon Long Life Coolant
Ryco Oil & Air Filters

My Instagram Account: @ba_falcon2003
BA-XT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2019, 09:12 PM   #118
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
So what do people pay who don't own a car, go on holiday and rent a car, drive their drunk friends home or borrow a car?
Well they are in the very tiny minority.The rego vs licence argument applies to the 99% who own and drive car(s) regularly
Old 08-10-2019, 11:37 PM   #119
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post

Sounds like you want others to subsidise owners who have more than one car.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-10-2019, 08:43 AM   #120
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Sounds like you want others to subsidise owners who have more than one car.
No,it isn,t about subsidising,it,s about fairness.You are now paying $800? Rego and whatever for drivers licence,but can only drive one car at any time.If you have one car it costs,maybe $850 per year for licence and rego,so why not pay most of that for your licence and a small admin fee for rego for extra vehicles which are sitting around not being driven.