Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-04-2005, 02:16 PM   #91
outside
off in outer space

Default drifting on the box

DRIFTING, SLIDING, CHURNING, CRUSHING, ROLLING MOTORSPORT ON SBS SPEEDWEEK THIS SUNDAY
SBS Speedweek, with it’s new in-studio look, will once again provide a wide variety of full throttle motorsport this Sunday, May 1 from 12-2pm.
Fans who tune in can expect a combination of drifting, sliding, churning, crushing and rolling all in one two hour session!
There’s the Taree Aquatic Powerboat Easter Classic – you have to see these incredible hydroplanes and blown displacement boats in their individual classes and then all together in the final race of the day!
Drifting is back – The Autobarn Drift Battle, which is also the 2nd round of the Drift Australia Championship Series from Mallalla in South Australia. There are a couple of young guns from SA who throw it right up to the established big guns of the game. Can “The Beau Show” Beau Yates defeat the awesome Capa Drift Ute driven by Afro Appleton, or will one of the rising stars grab glory?
There’s the inaugural running of the QLD Alphera Financial Services Dutton Rally
Coverage from an international perspective begins with the F3 Euro Series, Race One from the famed Hockenheim circuit in Germany. Watch out for the huge roll over!
There’s even a brief taste of Monster Truck action for something completely different! Queensland driver Clive Featherby all but rolls over the 2000hp “Outback Thunda” truck as he gets some serious air at Mildura and Warrnambool recently.
Next week’s show (May 8) sees just as much variety with:
* Race 2 of the F3 Euro Series from Hockenheim in Germany
* A detailed feature of the second round of the AMRS (Australian Motor Racing Series) from Mallala including the Kumho Tyres Australian Formula 3 Championship, the Gulf Western Oils Touring Car Challenge, the Superkarts and the RDA Rotors and EBC Brakes Saloon Cars
* And we catch up in studio with rising star Chris Alajajian
Speedweek will be replayed this Monday (May 2) at 3.30pm EST on Fox Sports One.
outside is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2005, 02:35 PM   #92
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dang im workn all day. just have to chuck in a tape to record it.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2005, 03:12 PM   #93
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting thread.
After watching a drift DVD out of morbid curiosity I have a new view on it.
Unfortunately it's not as favourable as the old view which was I DGAF
Watching these young drivers flogging the bejeezus out of the car around a track .. letting go of the steering wheel to hope it straightens up and more often than not just screwing it royally up and spearing off the track.. well, it makes me think they are all too chicken shit to have a go at a proper circuit sprint, even a club day. Anyone who has done one knows how much skill that takes .. and usually how little skill they actually have
Synchronised swimm..err .. drifting takes a wee bit more skill than solo drifting so you don't hit the other car but really.. it looks like fun but that's all it is. Bugger all skill and rock hard suspension is all that's needed.. power appears to be optional from what I saw. It's about the same was watching the 250 and 253 Wet Weather Bandits (tm) at play.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 12:14 AM   #94
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
edited by xa coupe

Was that shot on your avatar mastered at the same time?

Last edited by XA-Coupe; 30-04-2005 at 02:00 PM.
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 01:20 PM   #95
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah, that was about then too :-) I have for some reason stopped doing such things.... I am getting boring.

Actually on that jump, we measured from take off to landing. How far U say? 20 metres!! 60 feet. Happy with that. My car jumps really well in fact(after getting new shockers), seems to have a nice balance and doesnt come down nose first like lots of other cars that I have jumped. Front wheel drive cars are the worst!

Did I say that I jump cars? naah I dont do that ;-)
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 02:32 PM   #96
Aeron
DJR Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_pete
yep, but that was only in the stock utes (near stock)

the drift ute has over 1000hp!!

robbie bolger is one crazy man

http://www.capadrift.com.au/information.htm

Robbie is bloody CraZy!! He is one of the guys in the Doughnut King Utes AND bikes seen at V8Supercar rounds. I dont think the ute was Supercharged intime for the Mallala round, but the thing is still good for it. The guy is crazy!!

Here is the crazy bastard on his bike...

EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 03:48 PM   #97
rodderz

Those capa drift video's arent bad, especially the in car footage. I think there are heaps on the website

Least it's a V8 and you can appreciate the noise too
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 05:28 PM   #98
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Robbie Bolger is no longer the driver of the CAPA DriftUte.

Its now driven by Darren Appleton after switching from his old Onevia.
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 11:50 PM   #99
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeron

That would have to be one of the greatest jobs ever!
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post