Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-07-2009, 07:35 PM   #91
TCK-098

When you are driving a 18 metre truck and the tool in front wants to sit on 80 in a 100 zone and you get a overtake lane and you go around them and they decide to speed it up while you try to get around them damn i really hate that or you get the "soccer mums" trying to get up the inside when you are trying to make a left hand turn :evil3: .
Old 17-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #92
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A few to add - I'm driving along, in the correct lane to turn further up the road, following another car/line of cars and a car next to me slowly goes past, then indicates to change lanes in front of me. I look in my rear view mirror to see........ NOTHING behind me for a few hundred metres. So the guy who has just cut in had all the space in the world behind me to get into the correct lane but had to pass me then make me brake to let him in. Once I refused to let the guy in - I saw him cruise up from behind, pass beside me, then immediately indicate to change lanes between myself and the car in front of me. As I knew there was no traffic behind us I didn't budge. We were all stuck in the bunch of traffic, if I have to wait, so can he

Then there's the overtake and brake. They go past, change lanes in front of you then brake for a turn 100 metres later. Again, could have moved in behind me and made the turn without holding anyone up.

Last, but not least is the queue jumper, knowing full well they need to turn in 200 metres, will overtake a few more cars in the queue then indicate 20 metres from the turn lane that they are 1 lane over from. You can pick the queue jumper from the "unfamiliar with the area" driver. The former is highly aggressive and pushes their way in just before the last point they can make the turn lane, the latter is cautious and perfectly willing to concede in order just to get in the correct lane. If a driver deliberately leaves it too late, they deserve to miss the turn - their fault, not mine. But some people treat missing a turn like being asked not to breathe, and that's when you start seeing people do stupid stuff like reversing on freeways, or risking a multi car pileup forcing their way to get across 3 lanes at once. Miss the turn - keep driving and turn back where possible.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 08:03 PM   #93
loosey

People that cut in front of you to gain an extra 2 car lengths as you're slowing down to stop at the lights.
Also people that can't do the speed limit in the right lane.
loosey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 08:12 PM   #94
HSVKILLA
moonlight rider

What about the idiots that try and overtake everything on the road nearly blowing their vehicles to bits and using the same amount of gas as a jet then half an hour later you come to a major intersection and they are only 7 cars ahead of you WAITING!. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :evil3:
HSVKILLA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #95
1streetmachine1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD
My biggest hate would have to not getting a wave as a thanks for making room for someone in traffic.
Or the pr!ck that gives a wave to say thanks after they cut you off and force in.
Agree 1000%... also the dero's who drive all the way till the end of a merging lane and jam themselves in at the last possible moment even though there was room 4 cars back
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 09:20 PM   #96
4.0i_SiX
SiX_iN_a_RoW

#1 People who usually catch public transport but decide to drive on rainy days in fear of getting wet. They seem so out of touch with driving in traffic and drive over-cautiously at 20ks under the limit. They should stick to public transport!!

#2 People who brake suddenly when they see a speed camera, regardless if they were speeding or not!

#3 people who brake before indicating in ANY situation!!!! its not hard, let people know behind you that you are PLANNING on turning somewhere up ahead! Dont let them wonder WHY you have your foot on the brake, only to find out when you finally decide to indicate at the last minute
Old 17-07-2009, 09:29 PM   #97
homegrown
hotshot

People over taking you 100 metres before a round about?
Old 17-07-2009, 09:42 PM   #98
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown
People over taking you 100 metres before a round about?
People who are about to enter a roundabout giving way to someone who is 100m from the roundabout.....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 10:09 PM   #99
GTPete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People that brake first and indicate second.... :jab:
GTPete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 10:13 PM   #100
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmmm....

other people in general. the main thing that annoys me is, in my patrol i only sit on 90km/h. going down the freeway at night, there is always some idiot that feels the need to tailgate me with badly aimed lights when there are no cars in the right hand lane.

the other thing is, idiots that "perform an illegal operation" like pulling stupid u-turns or not giving way and have the nerve to give me the finger, even though they are in the wrong. i don't think they realise they are lucky this isn't america. they would probably end up full of lead if it was....
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #101
fairmontau3
Starter Motor

people who know the left lane is about to end, and insist on pushing past, and then pushing infront of a long line of cars. drives me insane!
also people who cant tow properly...no matter how big the caravan is, your turbo diesel patrol can still do the speed limit without trouble.
and even moreso, people who think they need a landcruiser to take their 6x4 box trailer to the tip once a year.
fairmontau3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 11:23 PM   #102
alecrain
'03 BA XT

Angry my two cents:

Tailgaters, slow drivers and right lane hoggers.... as everyone else, but also:

1. smart asses who, when stuck on a backed up highway, wait for a merging lane on the left (it doesn't matter if it's just 100 m long) will illegally move to it and pretend to be entering the hwy and merge later (skipping 10-15 cars)- I personally think it's selfish, unaustralian and always beep and flash the cars that try that!

2. people who don't know how to use double lane roundabouts, especially when going straight- they simply go on the left lane, then cut through the inner lane on the roundabout and exit on the left again, don't they know what the big circle they're holding is for?

3. beginner L-platers who can't control the car yet in peak hours, I understand that they need to learn and I fully support the 120 hrs practice but the first 10 hrs should be done on weekends, back streets, parking lots and not the main routes in early morning or afternoon rush!

4. and more....

Beautiful Photography Blog

2003 BA XT
IMPCO SVI - TYPHOON CAI +XR6T snorkel - K&N Panel Filter - DBA Slotties - Tint

1998 Toyota Landcruiser Prado

www.bseries.com.au/alecrain

Quote:
People that drive slower than ME are BAD DRIVERS,
People that drive faster are IDIOTS
alecrain is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 11:30 PM   #103
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
#5. Cyclists. This one is good because everybody hates those leotard-wearing fruits, even motorcyclists (I myself have no problems with motorcyclists). How can these people dress up in a bodysuit with poofy wraparound sunglasses and an ultra-lightweight ultra-lame helmet and think they're going to get away with it? Okay, cyclists are legally allowed to ride in traffic and they are to be treated the same as any other road vehicle, I get that now. But listen stringbean, you pick whether you want to be a pedestrian or a vehicle, you don't get to be both. You don't get to jump the lights and turn in front of vehicles (or pedestrians for that matter) and change lanes without indicating and then give me the forks when I lay on the horn. Don't you realise that those 15 kilos of hilariously overpriced carbon you get around on is no match for the front end of a two-ton Falcon? I will give you an entire lane's space and I'm not going to deliberately run you over or anything, but your ignorance and disregard for everyone's safety is either going to leave you with a fist-shaped hole in your head or as a tangled mess in someone's front suspension. And go and grow some facial hair you skippy poof, it's not going to make you any less aerodynamic.
Funniest

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 11:41 PM   #104
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmontau3
people who know the left lane is about to end, and insist on pushing past, and then pushing infront of a long line of cars. drives me insane!
also people who cant tow properly...no matter how big the caravan is, your turbo diesel patrol can still do the speed limit without trouble.
and even moreso, people who think they need a landcruiser to take their 6x4 box trailer to the tip once a year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia
Drivers who jump the traffic queues by jumping into the left turn lane, move up a few hundred metres then hold up traffic as they try to get back into the queue. But I can see why people wont let him in again after they waited patiently in the queue.
Seemingly courteous drivers who let these queue jumpers back in front of them, not realising that is the precise reason why further back the lane has stopped.
In the midst of over 5 ppl being killed on an intersection (2 major accidents in 1-2 weeks) and only being 2 minutes drive from where I live, the above comments ring ohh so true.
Quite simply the intersection that killed these few ppl, isn't that bad, as compared to the intersection I want fixed NOW!.

Pound Road and the South Gippy Fwy is murderous at 6:30am-7:00am.
Cars going everywhere, accidents almost everyday, cars stay in the right lane to "queue" jump simply so that they can have some right of way to just jump into the left lane.
2 lanes merge down to one lane, as the right lane becomes fwy only traffic. So everyone that queue jumped now think they have right of passage.
Many an accident. I've nearly T-boned traffic that has to "give way" simply because they don't care.
1 close call, could have ended up like the intersection near my house.
2 cars side by side. Guy in the right lane decides to queue jump, and patiently wait for a space in the left. As his lane is only fwy traffic and ends in about 30 metres. Guy in the right has no way to get to the left lane and decides a scare tactic and proceeds to sideswipe the car in the left lane, hoping he'll brake.
He didn't and now the guy realises that the fwy isn't for him, so he now proceeds to merge into the left lane regardless. Guy in the left lane see's what's happening, and averts danger by moving to the left a bit, but, we are on a bridge, no more left. Driver in the right lane pulls some sort of forced move and averts all cars by mm's.
In turn, just about forcing another car off a bridge and a major collison that could have stopped hundreds of cars..!!!
If you are in the left lane on this road, and it's a bad day for queue jumpers, it can take 20 minutes to go 200 metres! out: :jab:
All by queue jumping.
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 11:47 PM   #105
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the thing that i have seen somewhere is, if you are at woolies and there are lots of people lined up at the checkout, do you just push in at the front of the line? no, because you would get your head bashed in.

but yet, this is the same thing, just you are seperated by 1ton+ of metal so people think it makes them invincible and they can do what they want without consequence...
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 11:50 PM   #106
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People that start decellerating hundreds of meters from the stop sign / traffic light. What? Are you wanting the car to come to a rolling stop at the lights, theres no need to drop down 20km/h 300m out.

Old people that drive so slow to the point its dangerous. If you're not capable of driving a car at the speed limit due to whatever restrictions, eye sight, judgement, co-ordination, whatever.. maybe you shouldnt be driving anymore.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2009, 12:17 AM   #107
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ricers...
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2009, 12:23 AM   #108
toxicxr6uterus

people who brake 2 k's from the corner they are turning at, knobs who sit in the right lane and just go just as fast as the car on the left, chinese drivers - i was going to say bad chinese drivers, but they are all bad well worse than bad but i cant say that here .
toxicxr6uterus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2009, 12:24 AM   #109
toxicxr6uterus

oh yeh and rice burners THEY REALLY PHISS ME OFF
toxicxr6uterus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2009, 12:49 AM   #110
ToCo
Drives a Ute!

Pretty much hate drink drivers.
Old 18-07-2009, 02:55 AM   #111
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
Old people that drive so slow to the point its dangerous. If you're not capable of driving a car at the speed limit due to whatever restrictions, eye sight, judgement, co-ordination, whatever.. maybe you shouldnt be driving anymore.
More speed-limit conditioning.

The speed limit is the maximum legal speed you may drive at. Its not something you *must* achieve each and every minute.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2009, 01:02 PM   #112
ryanstev

People who stop at a zebra crossing when someone is simply walking in that general direction from 10 meters away.

People who stop for someone crossing a long zebra crossing that has an island in the middle. You are only supposed to stop when they are at the island and about to cross into your lane, not when they start crossing on the other side of the road.

People who don't go when you give way to them, or make a gap in traffic so they can go, even when you flash. When you decide bugger it, I'm not waiting any more and start to go that's when they notice.
Old 18-07-2009, 06:28 PM   #113
Ross-b
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY
The person who sits in the turning lane with there indicator on waiting for the traffic to clear and holding up other cars, instead of speeding up and joining at speed!

Here's a crappy MS Paint drawing to illustrate my point!
bloody 100% agree with u there

stuck behind a woman on my lunch break and she didnt know she had right of way to turn out of our complex. 2 red lights i sat through. then i meet up with her again at the next intersection and it happened just as you illustrated

only there was enough room for 4 busses so merge yet she sat there and ignored the while empty lane dedicated to her and the other 2 that were free.

Recent Car
Ross-b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2009, 09:40 PM   #114
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just back from Thailand. They are mental there, but again - like Italy there is generally a fair amount of respect for other motorists and drivers act like there ARE other drivers on the roads. No road rage. In Bangkok for pete's sake, the most congested city in the world, and hardly a horn blown in anger. What the hell is up with us?

Sometimes I think that Aussies don't try to get places quickly and assist traffic flow like in other countries (regardless of some dubious means), but rather here in Aus everyone seems so selfish that it seems the aim of the game is how slow you can make everyone else go.

Having travelled pretty widely over the past few years, and driving on a number of continents Australia is by far the worst. For shame and its getting worse.

Thank heavens I don't have to drive to commute. Once you have seen that pretty much everyone else in the world can drive, it makes the experience here all that more frustrating.
Old 18-07-2009, 09:51 PM   #115
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Morons who only look 3 feet in front of them, that need to swerve at the last minute to avoid the parked car I saw 50 meters back...

Oh and f*wits who tailgate and ALSO the f*wits who think brake testing tailgaiters is a smart and responsible thing to do...

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??

Last edited by Scareybear; 18-07-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2009, 12:05 AM   #116
Spudz27
Call me Spud

P platers who are ignorant little ****'s. Today we are racing up to a round about lights and sirens everyone moves over or stops at said round about accept mr "I am better than you" we had to stop and let him through while his passenger grinned. Little bastards.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2009, 12:59 AM   #117
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seems as though everyone does it except me, when they drive up to a red light/ stop sign, come to a stop, then every 5 seconds they move forward by one metre at a time. In an auto you only take your foot off the brake its a lot more effort in a manual to close the gap, WHY NOT JUST STOP IN THE RIGHT PLACE THE FIRST TIME ?????!!!!!I also hate driving listening to the radio/cd and enjoying it then some total tool comes past in his commadoore/lancer/skyline/sh*tbox with the stupid 4 inch cannon. I hate them so so much.
I also get annoyed about the roads in general. We pay $560/year for rego and craploads of other taxes yet the biggest road in (Midland highway) tassie is like a goat track
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2009, 01:52 AM   #118
EFPWR
B-Series Powered!

Well, there's been some good laughs in this thread, so I'll just quietly add my input:

- People who go under the speed limit in the right lane. THEN if you move to the left because it's more free-flowing, they move with you! ARGH!
- Tailgaters. The other day I was driving up the road I live on. There's speed bumps and I was in the old man's Fiesta, so I was going slow cause I didn't want to bounce all over the place. Some hero in a 4WD decided he didn't want to slow down and when I looked in the mirror his bumper must've been less than 30cm from mine. And why? To get to the shop 60m away from where this happened!
- Old drivers. If your judgement skills are really that poor you must go 40 in a 70 zone and stop for 20 seconds AFTER the roads cleared to turn left, you shouldn't be on the road.
- Hero drivers. It's not "cool" to fly up a 60 zoned road that passes schools and stuff at 100km. It doesn't make you good or anything, only a !

I'll add more when I can think of it.
Old 19-07-2009, 03:34 AM   #119
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not "driving hates", but when your already half way through a trip and you realise someone in the back isnt wearing their seatbelt!! (I know the driver is soposed to make sure, but its always when you forget!)

And people that always want to smoke in your car, and dont understand whats bad about it?!?!?! FFS its bad enough that you smoke in the first place, why must you do it in other peoples cars when theyve already said no?!?! (PS, please no lectures about how smoking isnt bad, ive never touched a cigarette and dont plan to because i cant stand them, thats me though.)
Old 19-07-2009, 06:29 AM   #120
XRSIKS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tailgating for sure.... just because i drive a big, bright green XR8 with "Toxic" plastered on the bonnet , does not mean sitting up my *** will make me go any faster than i am already going. YES holden drivers, THIS IS DIRECTED at YOU!

I'm sure i could think of more than this, but its 5:30am......... cut me some slack :P
BF MK II XR8 - ToXiC...
Toyota Camry Altise

After a patient 2 years...
Now Driving...

2010 FG XR6 - Sunburst!
XRSIKS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post